PDA

View Full Version : I don't get it...

raz3r
2nd Mar 2013, 12:16
I just realized you can buy Tomb Raider on Origin and not only on Steam. Wasn't the game supposed to be fully Steamworks? Or did they remove the features for the Origin version? Because I bought a physical copy of the collector's edition on Amazon for PC and I really want to activate it on Steam.

Bokoblin23
2nd Mar 2013, 13:22
I just realized you can buy Tomb Raider on Origin and not only on Steam. Wasn't the game supposed to be fully Steamworks? Or did they remove the features for the Origin version? Because I bought a physical copy of the collector's edition on Amazon for PC and I really want to activate it on Steam.

I'm pretty sure it will activate on steam if you have a boxed copy. Although don't quote me on that.

Good luck!

Harbinger
2nd Mar 2013, 17:02
Physical copies of the game will be Steamworks, so you can/will have to activate it on Steam.

Relight-TRHQ
2nd Mar 2013, 22:41
Rather strange, I really don't know a lot about Origin, I was under the impression that all copies required Steam. Origin store page for Tomb Raider (http://store.origin.com/store/ea/en_US/DisplayProductDetailsPage/productID.273547700) doesn't mention Steam at all (you would think that they would mention Steam in the requirements), the closest it says to anything regarding non-EA games and Origin is:

"EA does not guarantee that Origin features will be available on all games distributed on the Origin Store. See game-specific disclosures for more details."

Hopefully one of the technical staff here will drop by this thread and provide a clarification about Tomb Raider on Origin.

jaywalker2309
2nd Mar 2013, 22:50
All copies do require steam, we're just selling the title thru origins digital store.. Once you have it you still run via steam :)

Relight-TRHQ
2nd Mar 2013, 22:56
The man with the answers... thanks Jay!

Origin not mentioning Steam as a requirement on their store page :rolleyes: :p

Metalrocks
3rd Mar 2013, 02:47
The man with the answers... thanks Jay!

Origin not mentioning Steam as a requirement on their store page :rolleyes: :p

of course not. its €A. they steal/copy from others instead coming up with their own ideas.
really surprised actually that origin sells games that dont have a €A logo on it. i thought origin is only for €A titles.

raz3r
3rd Mar 2013, 11:46
All copies do require steam, we're just selling the title thru origins digital store.. Once you have it you still run via steam :)
Thank you for the answer, I am pretty surprised about this also because there is no mention of Steam on the Origin page. Sounds weird to me :scratch: