PDA

View Full Version : PC version not installing

smenkhare
2nd Mar 2013, 07:48
I just picked up the survivor edition on PC, got home, tried installing it. Now it's locked. Anyone else got this problem or is it just a dud copy?

Harbinger
2nd Mar 2013, 07:51
Release date control. You can't play it until release day. It's the same with every game on Steam.

smenkhare
2nd Mar 2013, 07:53
Release date control. You can't play it until release day. It's the same with every game on Steam.

But it has been released. I just came home with it.

Harbinger
2nd Mar 2013, 07:53

The official release date is March 5th. You won't be able to play it until then.

logan23
2nd Mar 2013, 08:00
Basically the retailer messed up and broke the Street Date contract so they can make money and sell the games before others. Your not suppose to have the game right now. March 5th is the official date- then you can play. If your angry - point the finger at the stores who in my eyes are illegally selling a product before the intended release date.

Rider
2nd Mar 2013, 08:55
It's silly that Consoles version is EVERYWHERE and it leaked few days ago. And PC players that got original copy need to wait March 5th!
Just one more reason why i HATE Steam so much!

And they say that PC is where all the piracy happens... :whistle:

Martelol
2nd Mar 2013, 09:07
It's silly that Consoles version is EVERYWHERE and it leaked few days ago. And PC players that got original copy need to wait March 5th!
Just one more reason why i HATE Steam so much!

And they say that PC is where all the piracy happens... :whistle:
When it comes to piracy, pre-release piracy is perhaps the most damaging to actual sales. Whether you like it or not, steam does a fantastic job of preventing games from leaking early. It wouldn't shock me at all to see similar systems put in place on the next-gen consoles.

Driber
2nd Mar 2013, 09:37

No it has not. The store where you got it broke street date. They were not allowed to do this, as release date is march 5th.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=124504

Closing this now to prevent arguments / piracy discussions.