PDA

View Full Version : game is shown as sent, can i play it when it arrives before launch?

Elion
26th Feb 2013, 19:53
I have recieved a confirmation of sent from my retailer. but can I play the game when it arrives? or must i wait to the day its launch day ?

Just afraid I will be locked out of xbox live or something if I boot it up.

:)

Elion
26th Feb 2013, 19:58
I have recieved a confirmation of sent from my retailer. but can I play the game when it arrives? or must i wait to the day its launch day ?

Just afraid I will be locked out of xbox live or something if I boot it up.
:)

sorry for posting this in tech forums, cant find how to delete my other post.

JD_Method
26th Feb 2013, 20:14
I've played games a day or two early on my Xbox before and I've been fine. I wouldn't worry about it. :)

blackseed32
26th Feb 2013, 20:14
Interesting question. But hey, it's a legal copy so you can play it, I think!

DrCroft
26th Feb 2013, 20:17
Wow you lucky person :p !!

Elion
26th Feb 2013, 20:21
Interesting question. But hey, it's a legal copy so you can play it, I think!

even as a legal copy I am afraid that xbox will be "angry" at me and want to like lock my account because its so early on my machine.

Weemanply109
26th Feb 2013, 20:28
Did you pre-order the PC version? If so, you won't be able to play till release date because of Steam's security measures, if on console, maybe.

EDIT: Oh, 360 version... Yea, I think you're fine.

Tecstar70
26th Feb 2013, 20:29
Errrr. YEAH BABY!!!!!!

JD_Method
26th Feb 2013, 20:35
even as a legal copy I am afraid that xbox will be "angry" at me and want to like lock my account because its so early on my machine.

As far as I know, they've only done this for games Microsoft have published themselves, such as Halo or Gears of War. Even then, I don't know if they banned people with legal copies - only with illegally downloaded copies.

You could always disconnect your Xbox from the internet and stay offline to play it. If you don't go back online until the release date, they shouldn't know you've been playing it then.

Ultimately, if it's a legal copy that you've paid for, Microsoft shouldn't punish you for playing it early; but if they do, make sure you give 'em hell. :D

The_Hylden
26th Feb 2013, 21:47
The Xbox 360 and PC versions are locked until the launch day, since they both need to be released through Steam. You can preload the game, though they haven't specified what day that preload starts, for PC gamers through Steam. But, yes, you'll still have to wait to play it.

Martelol
26th Feb 2013, 21:52
Xbox 360... steam... what?
Pretty sure Xbox users can play the moment they have their hands on the game. Multiplayer matchmaking may not work until official launch, but single player should work.

The PS3 version could technically be tied to Steam, but I haven't seen anything on that (granted, I haven't really looked as I don't have a PS3)

The_Hylden
26th Feb 2013, 23:28
I may have Steam on the brain lately. The one thing I'm certain of is that the game for Xbox 360 should not be played before launch. A direct quote from Driber, and this is official:

I would definitely advise the guy to not try running the game on his xbox before official launch unless he is 100% sure that nothing bad will happen to his account. If he wants to take the risk based on advice from a non-official and xbox blocks his account, it's on him.

Both the PC and 360 versions are, quoting, "risky" to attempt to play before launch. The PS3 version does not share this risk and can be played if a copy arrives earlier than launch.

Martelol
26th Feb 2013, 23:33
I may have Steam on the brain lately. The one thing I'm certain of is that the game for Xbox 360 should not be played before launch. A direct quote from Driber, and this is official:

Both the PC and 360 versions are, quoting, "risky" to attempt to play before launch. The PS3 version does not share this risk and can be played if a copy arrives earlier than launch.

It is risky, but technically, it should work :P

There have been some flubs where people have been banned for playing games they got early, because the games had also leaked to torrent sites early. Microsoft has been pretty good with appeals on those bans and reversing bans that have been against people who legitimately just got their retail copies early.

But yeah, it's always best to wait for launch if you want to be 100% safe.

Leon S. Kennedy
28th Feb 2013, 14:58
Being shipped doesn't meant it will arrive before release day. My copy ships tomorrow with release date delivery. I would play it on Xbox...

StrangeStatic
1st Mar 2013, 08:24
If you get it early, play it. Microsoft won't do anything.

just*raidin*tomb
1st Mar 2013, 14:53
You'll be just fine. Don't worry about it.

Next generation may be a different story but for you'll be perfectly fine.