PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with nVidia 3D Vision.

MikeHawthorne
22nd Feb 2013, 15:14
Hi

I just installed nVidia 3D Vision on my new computer.
The first thing I tried was Tomb Raider Underworld.

I've played through the whole game with it now and it looks fantastic.

I'm playing The Secret World with it now, (which also looks great) but I can't wait to get into the new TR graphics in 3D.

If anyone has reservations about getting 3D Vision I can tell you it's fantastic, if you have a computer monitor and graphics card that supports it.

I just wondered if anyone else here is using it?

Mike

a_big_house
22nd Feb 2013, 15:28
3D is SO 2012 :lol:

I don't like 3D, it give me headaches and distracts me. There's only been three case in which I liked 3D for a moment. #1 The fog in Silent Hill: Revelation. #2 The floating plaster in the pool in The Final Destination. #3 I was wandering around in Batman: Arkham Asylum and I liked the depth the dark corridors had.

Other than that, I think 3D is pointless. Still! It doesn't mean you can't enjoy it yourself!

MikeHawthorne
22nd Feb 2013, 16:53
I seldom play without it anymore.

It's not like is used to be on the old slow monitors, it seems almost sharper then 2D and it's very smooth.

I can play for hours now with no eye strain or head aches, I actually forget that I have the glasses on.

I complained to my wife that the light on the thermostat was out, she looked at me and said you have your 3D glasses on!!!

I really got it originally because I wanted to create my own 3D content, which I'm doing, and thought that it wouldn't add that much to games but as soon as a saw Tomb Raider Underworld in 3D I was hooked.

I have a few games that don't work with it but most things do with no hassle.

It's very effective in The Secret World, and Guild Wars 2, which was designed for it, but all the recent Tomb Raider games look great.

omarceja_s
23rd Feb 2013, 04:43
I have it too. Do you by any chance know if the new game will be supported? The game is optimised for AMD cards this time around so it might not work with 3D vision.

MikeHawthorne
23rd Feb 2013, 16:55
Hi

I don't know for sure but I'm assuming that it will.

Pretty much everything I've tried does whether it was designed for 3D vision or not.

I have 11 games installed on my computer right now and only Age of Conan won't run in 3D I understand that some people have gotten it to run but I'm not playing it right now so I haven't made the effort.

Even things that were made long before 3D Vision existed seem to work, like Wow.

I haven't tried any of the really old, TR games but they did work with an older 3D setup I had back then, that also used shutter glasses.

Mike

omarceja_s
24th Feb 2013, 14:29
Hi

I don't know for sure but I'm assuming that it will.

Pretty much everything I've tried does whether it was designed for 3D vision or not.

I have 11 games installed on my computer right now and only Age of Conan won't run in 3D I understand that some people have gotten it to run but I'm not playing it right now so I haven't made the effort.

Even things that were made long before 3D Vision existed seem to work, like Wow.

I haven't tried any of the really old, TR games but they did work with an older 3D setup I had back then, that also used shutter glasses.

Mike

I hope it does work, I actually bought 3D vision for the game, of course I could play others but I want this game to be the first I play in 3D

Valenka
24th Feb 2013, 16:44
I played Batman in 3D and got sick a few hours later. Way too much for me.

MikeHawthorne
4th Mar 2013, 21:07
I haven't had that problem with nVidia 3D vision.

The only place it bothered me a little is a part of The Secret World where you ride a roller coaster. But that didn't bother me after is was done or keep me from doing again. LOL

But I play TSW with it everyday and it looks great.

I even played WOW with it today just to see if it worked.
It did and it looked good but not as good as it does in Tomb Raider Underworld which is fantastic.

Raggz
4th Mar 2013, 21:29
It fully supports 3D. Seen some pics of the settings in the game :)

Gitb97
4th Mar 2013, 21:44
3D on TR2013 would be frightening, the game looks seriously promising deaths, gore and cinematic wise, i'd love it.

Gonga
6th Mar 2013, 06:25
I can't believe how fantastic this game is in 3D on my 27" ASUS. By far the most immersive TR experience. I'm hooked.

sammaz
6th Mar 2013, 06:44
JAW DROPPING.

-3DTV Play

Thank you Eidos!

Maggotbrain
8th Mar 2013, 14:02
Agreed! You havent played TR 2013 before you have played it in 3d!! I forget that i have my glasses on too, can play for hours and hours! :)

-Nvidia 3D vision 24" 120 hz.

TheWitcher
2nd Jun 2013, 23:27
I have just finished TR2013, and I just wanted to thank SquareEnix to create such an amazing 3D game. Almost everything perfecly in correct depth. Once I looked in 2D when Lara was in a ship surrounded by pipes with red valves - it was just a postcard compared the experience with 3D.

The Witcher (I and II) was silmilary beautiful.

I was playing recently Skyrim, but as the shadows was not rendered in correct depth I had to switch to 2D. I was so upset.

-Nvidia 3D vision 24" 120 hz

AlanBarrows
6th Apr 2014, 21:34
Bit of a necropost, but it's about 3D, so I don't care. First, yes, TR is an absolutely amazing 3D experience. 10 out of 10, the official end of 2D as a relevant technology as far as I'm concerned. Second, if you want to play Skyrim, and many other games that are not coded properly (yes: not coded properly, any properly coded game works in 3D believe it or not) you need to install the Helix fix.