PDA

View Full Version : Blood money rating system changed at Pro?? Anyone notice?

ozymandias1979
20th Feb 2013, 05:32
So... Hadn't played in 3 years, so start off doing every mission at normal difficulty, did it the same way I used to do them on Pro level on the PS2 version. Got the SA ratings easily.

Now, I try the same thing at Pro difficulty and somehow I'm unable to get SA.

First off, Vintage year, the same exact way I used to do it on Pro difficulty on the PS2, I finish with 2 accidents and zeros everywhere else, but I don't get the SA rating. I don't finish with my hitman uniform, although we didn't need to on any difficulty level on the older version.

Second try, Curtains down, I swap the real for the prop, and kill off the other dude with the chandelier, but no matter where I am with the detonator, I always get a witness. This NEVER happened on the older version.

Please, no questions about being spotted or covers blown. Nothing of that sort happens.

The weirdest thing is that on curtains down, if I use the detonator with the workman suit, I get a witness (who the hell, I don't know), but I don't get my cover blown...?!?! Seems like a genuine glitch.

Anybody having the same issues?

Dave24
20th Feb 2013, 09:37
About curtains down - it is little tricky and it's not a glitch. The best place to detonate is on stairs on the other side, because there is guy walking there from place to place through door, so it is easy to get spotted (like with accident in Crows mission, when you are throwing a guy from balcony).

Also, are you sure about the suit? On normal it doesn't matter, but on expert and pro it counts as evidence left. That's why there is suit retrieval, it's penalty.
Maybe it's your memory and after 3 years you forgot? I've always beat the level taking my suit back and always had SA.

ozymandias1979
20th Feb 2013, 21:44
Well, the same thing happened in A new life, so I retrieved the suit and it worked. I'm pretty sure though that I got SA on You better watch out... at Pro level on the PS2 without retrieving the suit as I always exited by the heli and never got any issues with the rating, but hey, my memory might be off like you said.

Any pointers as to how I can retrieve the suit in Vintage year? I already know how to do it for You better watch out.

Dave24
20th Feb 2013, 22:12
It depends on how you do it.

The easiest way is to do it suit only. Or if you need it, then only kill son in disguise and after that retrieve your suit. When you go after father, go through the boxes near the entrence to vine cellar, where Manuel is and go over the wall thanks to boxes. Go inside the building (watch out for the guard - if you want, you can knock him out by human shield) and go for the basement (or whatever it is - when you enter the building, you will be in the room where the billard is, go straight, by double doors, in the next room straight again, and in the next room you will see another doors next to another double doors - go there and you will be in the basement), go out and on the left you can climb a pipe to the roof, next to a open window where your target is. Kill him, go through the window, drop from the roof (watch out, another guard patroling) and go down the path on the cliff. Then watch out for the guys near the plane and that's it. No risk on going for elevetor or something like that. Perfect run, SA.

Hope that helped.

ozymandias1979
21st Feb 2013, 22:59
It depends on how you do it.

The easiest way is to do it suit only. Or if you need it, then only kill son in disguise and after that retrieve your suit. When you go after father, go through the boxes near the entrence to vine cellar, where Manuel is and go over the wall thanks to boxes. Go inside the building (watch out for the guard - if you want, you can knock him out by human shield) and go for the basement (or whatever it is - when you enter the building, you will be in the room where the billard is, go straight, by double doors, in the next room straight again, and in the next room you will see another doors next to another double doors - go there and you will be in the basement), go out and on the left you can climb a pipe to the roof, next to a open window where your target is. Kill him, go through the window, drop from the roof (watch out, another guard patroling) and go down the path on the cliff. Then watch out for the guys near the plane and that's it. No risk on going for elevetor or something like that. Perfect run, SA.

Hope that helped.

Yeah, I knew pretty much all of that. The question was more regarding when you get close to the docks. Seems there's always too many people around there.

Dave24
22nd Feb 2013, 17:51
I remember there are like 2 guys, and 1 checking from time to time coming from elevator. The first one (worker) will not move, so you can sneak past him and don't even bother, because he will not notice you. As for the guard - use the coin to distract him and go for it! If you time it right, you will be unnoticed or IF your attention meter get yellow before entering the plane it won't actually affect your score.