PDA

View Full Version : Deus Ex Forum Meetup

JCpies
23rd Jan 2013, 21:18
Because I love you guys, when I win the lottery (hopefully soon) I'll pay for everyone to fly to a hotel somewhere and we have a meet up.

But I'm paying so I make the rules.

Everyone must wear a balaclava and contact each other through text only so that perceptions of other members are not ruined. Like, I even though I know what half of the active members here look like, I don't know what they actually sound like... You get my drift?

Cool. Will update when I win lottery.

EricaLeeV
23rd Jan 2013, 21:41
I sound obnoxious and have a slight lisp.

Now you know what I sound like, part of your plan is ruined.

Jerion
23rd Jan 2013, 22:40
I speak only in Barry White imitations. There is no hope for this plan. In seriousness though, a fan meet-up at EM did happen once, and though forum attendance was a bit limited that time, one fellow baked and brought an insane number of cookies.

FrankCSIS
23rd Jan 2013, 23:08
No such thing as an insane number of cookies. Wasn't there an insanely large cookie in that batch, though?

I'm down with the balaclava. The fact that it's currently -34 Celsius outside finally gives me an excuse to wear mine without being conspicuous, or on skis.

So...what is everyone doing this week-end? =P

Jerion
23rd Jan 2013, 23:21
No such thing as an insane number of cookies. Wasn't there an insanely large cookie in that batch, though?

I'm down with the balaclava. The fact that it's currently -34 Celsius outside finally gives me an excuse to wear mine without being conspicuous, or on skis.

So...what is everyone doing this week-end? =P

My weekend is free. Don't think I'm on-board with driving up there just yet though, it's nearly -18°C/0°F here and I'm not looking forward to going even lower.

Yeah there was a giant cookie, he gave it to Stephane D'Astous.

FrankCSIS
23rd Jan 2013, 23:29
How about California then? Anyone can host? I've been actively dreaming all week I was back in San Diego.

Spyhopping
24th Jan 2013, 00:01
How about you all pop over to Oxford and we have a great big snowball fight around the colleges :P

Ashpolt
24th Jan 2013, 00:09
I second the vote for Oxford, that's within easy enough driving distance for me.

I naturally speak in reasonably middle class English, but during this meet I will choose to speak only in the voice of Latka, Andy Kaufman's character in Taxi.

FrankCSIS
24th Jan 2013, 00:34
Why wasn't this suggested two months ago while I was in London :p

but during this meet I will choose to speak only in the voice of Latka, Andy Kaufman's character in Taxi.

For a minute there, I was worried we were talking about Lloyd Kaufman.

68_pie
24th Jan 2013, 00:41
If you don't speak in received pronunciation then I'm not going to talk to you :rasp:

El_Bel
24th Jan 2013, 06:21
Lets make a UNATCOcon! I think the cheapest city to get to with a plane, if you live in Europe, is Milan! Lets make this happen! I wanna try my JC cosplay!

sonicsidewinder
24th Jan 2013, 15:37
Ey lad, I'll meet yer in the Shrew for a bevy like.

I spreken in Sonic voice, naturally.

"Gotta juice!!!"

Spyhopping
24th Jan 2013, 19:26
I had someone say more or less the same thing to me about a pub called "The Shrewsbury" when I went to Chester, which mildly confused me because I lived in Shrewsbury at the time.

AlexOfSpades
24th Jan 2013, 20:57
*sigh*

Jerion
24th Jan 2013, 20:59
Lets make a UNATCOcon! I think the cheapest city to get to with a plane, if you live in Europe, is Milan! Lets make this happen! I wanna try my JC cosplay!

Don't you mean...UNATCon?

sonicsidewinder
24th Jan 2013, 21:36
I had someone say more or less the same thing to me about a pub called "The Shrewsbury" when I went to Chester, which mildly confused me because I lived in Shrewsbury at the time.

It's all about the Shrew! xD If you don't Shrews, you lose!

*sigh*

Sound kid, I'll bring you along on Skype! lol

Spyhopping
24th Jan 2013, 21:47

Um. Actually, UNATCod

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/9016/78091725.jpg

ZakKa89
24th Jan 2013, 23:46
what if my face is a balaclava?

SageSavage
24th Jan 2013, 23:49
Hey JCpie, shoot me a pm once you won. Can I fly business class? It's going to be an awfully long flight, you know.

El_Bel
25th Jan 2013, 00:23

Oh yeah, i'm terrible with names!

FrankCSIS
25th Jan 2013, 00:28
It's going to be an awfully long flight, you know

I suspect the plane is just going to fly in circles forever, awaiting consensus on final destination.

Which brings the possibility of a plane meet-up. Realistically though, we'd all be in different planes at the same time.

I feel there's a script for an X Files episode somewhere in there.

Jerion
25th Jan 2013, 03:10
I suspect the plane is just going to fly in circles forever, awaiting consensus on final destination.

Which brings the possibility of a plane meet-up. Realistically though, we'd all be in different planes at the same time.

I feel there's a script for an X Files episode somewhere in there.

One special agent must rise above the rest, an every-person who augments him or herself with the decisiveness of leadership, daring to uncover a vast, global conspiracy against meetings and tear it apart from the inside only to find themselves faced with a choice, where no options are truly good but one above the others might do what needs to be done...to save the community from itself.

JCpies
25th Jan 2013, 10:11
Hey JCpie, shoot me a pm once you won. Can I fly business class? It's going to be an awfully long flight, you know.

Everyone except you gets business class.

Don't worry! We just copy the totally logical intro scene of The Dark Knight Rises where the terrorists have to almost get themselves killed to show off by hijacking a plane with another plane in mid-flight.

SageSavage
25th Jan 2013, 11:54
Everyone except you gets business class.

Aw, I feel so special now. First class is going to be awesome! :D

Ilves
25th Jan 2013, 16:40
Fan meetup? I want to believe! I hear Amsterdam's great in the summer. http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif

JCpies
25th Jan 2013, 17:30
We'll compromise on Brussels. If it's good enough for NATO it's good enough for us.

El_Bel
25th Jan 2013, 18:15
Fan meetup? I want to believe! I hear Amsterdam's great in the summer. http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif

I don't see a reason why Europe fans can't make it to Amsterdam! If a lot of people agreed, i would come for sure!

(Of course Amsterdam is in my list for places to visit anyway, but why not combine it with a forum meetup? :rasp:)

ZakKa89
25th Jan 2013, 19:43
I live in amsterdam so Amsterdam it is then.

JCpies
25th Jan 2013, 20:50
Is anyone planning on visiting the MCM Expo in London this year?

Or any video-game event for that matter?

Jerion
25th Jan 2013, 20:56

I'm thinking about PAX East, but I don't want to get hammered with every yeah-I-can-travel-with-this sickness known to man. Almost all the North American VG events are on the other side of the continent though, and MIGS is uncomfortably expensive.

JCpies
25th Jan 2013, 21:31
I don't care about events across the pond.

:[

One day I will meet you Jerion. :']

Gizmostuff
25th Jan 2013, 22:55
How about California then? Anyone can host? I've been actively dreaming all week I was back in San Diego.

Ah San Diego. You read my mind!

Ashpolt
25th Jan 2013, 23:50

I might attend MCM, will have to see what guests are announced. Other than that, I'll probably go to the Eurogamer Expo, particularly if the new gen of consoles are announced before then.

El_Bel
26th Jan 2013, 01:55
I am not aware of any European video game conventions. So i'll propably spend my summer in a greek beach watching half naked young hoties dance to bad repetetive music :/

fml

Jerion
26th Jan 2013, 01:59
I am not aware of any European video game conventions. So i'll propably spend my summer in a greek beach watching half naked young hoties dance to bad repetetive music :/

fml

Dammit, you just made me open up TVtropes (something to do with Blessed With Suck (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BlessedWithSuck)).

El_Bel
26th Jan 2013, 02:21
Or Cursed With Awesome (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CursedWithAwesome)

68_pie
26th Jan 2013, 03:36

fml

GamesCom (http://www.gamescom-cologne.com/en/gamescom/home/index.php)

ZakKa89
26th Jan 2013, 16:20
GamesCom is one of the largest. Maybe the largest where anybody can attend.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
26th Jan 2013, 17:16
If the meet-up is arranged for London... I should be able to make it. :thumb:

sonicsidewinder
4th Feb 2013, 01:02
Yeah, feel this should be re-imagined.

I'm max open to Manchester lul. (what with new rail district established) Anyone for ZZ-Top at the O2 Arena?

You guys are true homies.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
4th Feb 2013, 09:45
I'm max open to Manchester lul. (what with new rail district established) Anyone for ZZ-Top at the O2 Arena?

I would prefer the Kings of Leon. :p :D

JCpies
4th Feb 2013, 17:46
I might go to Manchester some time, apparently there's a store that sells action figures of robots. But It'd be cool to meet people in London some time.