PDA

View Full Version : New cyberpunk game:Cyberpunk 2077

Rainbow6Team
11th Jan 2013, 04:04
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y9711pvZkc

So what do you think?

Looks interesting,it's from the developers of The Witcher.

The chick with the armblades reminds me of the necromorphs from Dead Space.

Didn't like the music however,felt like it didn't fit in but still I'am interested in this game.

CyberP
11th Jan 2013, 07:01
I hope it's in first person perspective. Quite excited either way though!

halo666
11th Jan 2013, 10:02
Looks pretty cool, bit of an A.D Police feel to it.

Spyhopping
11th Jan 2013, 11:16
It all looks a bit "clean", and why is there a half naked gormless faced woman?

Other than that, it's captured my attention. Looked very pretty, and of course the subject matter appeals rather a lot.

welocyped
11th Jan 2013, 11:27
there is hidden message

"Do you like our latest creation? We certainly hope so! :) You may remember that we sometimes send you guys secret messages like this. it’s a great way for us to speak right to you instead of burying ourselves in corporate mumbo-jumbo. So let’s begin!

First of all—have you noticed all the details in our teaser (yes, it’s a teaser, we’ll make a proper trailer in the future)? If you know the Cyberpunk setting, there are some things you can spot, like implants—look for the weapon hands and the real skin—corporate emblems that should look familiar, and more happy hunting!

You’re probably curious about the release date. It’s currently scheduled a way off, in 2015, but in truth, the delivery date is more like, “when it’s done.” We will release Cyberpunk to you when we’re convinced it is nothing but pure, refined, unadulterated awesome. we want it to be the most kick ass futuristic RPG ever—ok, maybe this sounds pretty bully, but it is our actual goal! You judge if we deliver it!

Ok—and you may wonder why we announced our game so early before the release. The reason is that we’re still building our dev team. So if you are a talented dude or dudette, willing to work in a really different company (gamers rule & boring corporate stuff drools!) on a super ambitious project, send us your application right now: careers@cdprojektred.com

So, you want to know what kind of game Cyberpunk 2077 will be? The short description is that it will be a story-heavy, nonlinear, open world RPG based on the well known Cyberpunk pen & paper system and setting. Building open world games is something we are mastering right now, and we believe that properly joining nonlinear gameplay with excellent story telling will bring a totally new quality. Hmm. We’ll tell some more about it soon!

And that’s not all that’s new. We are about to reveal our other project, which is much closer to being completed. And yes, it will also be a fully open-world game with an intense story. You can probably guess the game we’re talking about. ;-) On the 5th of February it will all be clear.

So stay tuned, as we will have quite a lot to show and tell you soon!

We are waiting for you on our newly created forum called Afterlife—what other name could we have chosen for it? :)

CD Projekt RED Team

CyberP
11th Jan 2013, 11:49
Good to see there are still some teams in the business who work with a passion and a goal for the greatest game the can deliver.

we want it to be the most kick ass futuristic RPG ever—ok, maybe this sounds pretty bully, but it is our actual goal! You judge if we deliver it!

They reckon they can best Deus Ex or System Shock? Pfft. I'll hold em to that.

Senka
11th Jan 2013, 12:04
Well obviously they're not going to say "Well it probably won't be as good as Deus Ex but we'll still give it like a pretty good shot guys.

Guys? Guys?

pls respond"

The implied hint that tw3 will be open world (hubs like STALKER?) is also verrrryyyy interesting, as it would change a lot about how they tell their stories.

Reven
11th Jan 2013, 13:19
I admire CDPR's fire and openness. The treat their customers with respect because they know that without them they would be nothing and that is something western developers have long been forgotten. I cannot wait for more news on this game since CDRP is being humble about it which means it's going to be incredible.

CyberP
11th Jan 2013, 15:34
Well obviously they're not going to say "Well it probably won't be as good as Deus Ex but we'll still give it like a pretty good shot guys.
I was just putting my opinion out there. I was not saying that they should market thier game in any other way.

nomotog
11th Jan 2013, 19:06
We can't really judge a game from the teaser. The teaser is nice though. Kind of wondering why they went the almost naked route on that one character.

Reven
11th Jan 2013, 19:34
There are many ways to read into it and almost any guess will suffice. My guess is that it's intended to be deceptive. You are supposed to think that she is a semi dressed beautiful party going young women who is being gunned down in the street for some unknown reason. Yet it is not what you think it is. Instead she or it is a deadly machine in a beautiful shell.

SageSavage
11th Jan 2013, 19:47
A GitS-sexbot.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_TjXHApcqw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6maVVFs0As&feature=iv&annotation_id=annotation_52636

EricaLeeV
11th Jan 2013, 20:07
It all looks a bit "clean", and why is there a half naked gormless faced woman?

Kind of wondering why they went the almost naked route on that one character.

A GitS-sexbot.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_TjXHApcqw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6maVVFs0As&feature=iv&annotation_id=annotation_52636

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Gynoids gone mad, but apparently it's not that, really? Fine for me, because GitS: Innocence gave me enough of that...

I'm figuring it was just to get certain people to get attracted to the trailer but that's just marketing generalization.

Personally, though, I would hope this game doesn't just focus on...well, skin showing (not saying it can't be done well). I understand that generally the Cyberpunk genre can be thought of as 'high tech mixed with the lowest of human life' but here's hoping there is a little more 'class' to it, I guess.

There are many ways to read into it and almost any guess will suffice. My guess is that it's intended to be deceptive. You are supposed to think that she is a semi dressed beautiful party going young women who is being gunned down in the street for some unknown reason. Yet it is not what you think it is. Instead she or it is a deadly machine in a beautiful shell.

That angle is used so very often... The 'watch out boys, she might be beautiful, but she's deadly!' thing.

The trailer does get me interested though. It looks really nice and with that developer behind it, this could be a very promising title.

JCpies
11th Jan 2013, 20:30
CopBlade Akira in the Proxy

ZakKa89
11th Jan 2013, 22:17
I love the colors and especially the use of purple/magenta which fits really well into a cyberpunk world and gives it that retro feeling. The cyberware shop in the trailer looked awesome with a retro looking lady on the poster. Guns don't look as cool as DEHR, but that is almost impossible :)

Can't wait for this and the witcher 3 and am considering upgrading for these games. I just hope cyberpunk will be first person.

About the skin showing: I was thinking maybe she was at home like that. And right there she went mental and went outside on a killing spree.

welocyped
11th Jan 2013, 22:39
maybe we should give them some hints :naughty:

http://www.cyberpunk.net/forum/en/forum.php

release will be about 2015 let's hope DX4 will be earlier :nut:

EricaLeeV
11th Jan 2013, 22:45
About the skin showing: I was thinking maybe she was at home like that. And right there she went mental and went outside on a killing spree.

While that's an interesting notion, I don't know a single person who would dress in a tight tube top at home. Those things are uncomfortable.

nomotog
11th Jan 2013, 23:59
I guess the mostly naked cyborg is a common trope in cyberpunk. It might relate to the fem fatal common to noire? I kind of feel like there is some kind of hidden meaning that I would get if I took more lit classes.

nomotog
12th Jan 2013, 01:45
So the gun has a web address on it. militech.com I might be spelling it wrong, but it dosen't exist.

FrankCSIS
12th Jan 2013, 02:20
Looks like a contrast issue to me. Fair-faced girl, shot by human killing-machines completely clad in armor, until they reveal the girl is not what she seemed in the first smoke-and-mirror shot.

I agree it's all a bit clean, even though very pleasant. I hope there's more to it than clichés, although I trust there is, seeing who is making it.

TrickyVein
12th Jan 2013, 02:38
Why would a sex-bot have arm blades? I'm guessing it's probably not a fetish, but it's not for me to judge.

FrankCSIS
12th Jan 2013, 02:41
It's the dominatrix accessory pack, of course!

I bet Luka Magnotta would've liked it.

(Ok, maybe this last one lacked tact and class.)

TrickyVein
12th Jan 2013, 02:57
Effective, nonetheless.

Geralt z Rivii
12th Jan 2013, 14:05
The cyberware shop in the trailer looked awesome with a retro looking lady on the poster.

Yeah, I loved it :D. It's from the Cyberpunk 2020 book.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_iCR5sH1z_pk/TN_Odc6uYaI/AAAAAAAAAuI/ybbx9yGguz8/s1600/Cyber.JPG

SageSavage
12th Jan 2013, 14:34
To rake in the money of malicious customers, I guess. Prostitute, pimp and bodyguard rolled in one.

Ilves
12th Jan 2013, 15:13
I like the cyberpunk = retro angle. Talk about a revival, to the point of over saturation, really.

Reven
12th Jan 2013, 17:56
From what I read on the official forums about the trailer is that the woman is a Cyborg that has entered a psychotic break resulting in a being reduced to a catatonic state as she losses herself to the point that there is no longer a ghost in her shell, so to speak. The men in uniforms are MAX-TAC agents whose job it is to destroy people who have become lost.

But I am willing to bet that there is much more to this trailer then meets the eye since she seems to be alive and well with the MAX-TAC agent at the end.

Also there was talk that CDPR was talking to Ed Harrison who had made this great piece.

oM6eZJRurFk

Doubtful but it's a great excuse to post some ghost in the shell inspired cyberpunk music.

EricaLeeV
12th Jan 2013, 18:02
Those cops recruit said 'cyberpsychosis' victims sometimes too; which I bet is what happened. I am wondering if you play as this woman or as the guy who 'shot' her. Maybe, you just play as any old character class in a world where this is one of the many themes, which would be really great.

...in the back of my mind I want a crossover with Deus Ex. Wonder what JC would do in this situation.

What a nerd.

Reven
12th Jan 2013, 18:32
Indeed my lady I had thought that was a possibility but the whole scene seems to reek of a set up since in the end she gives the smile of "all according to plan". I have no doubt in the full trailer the two of them will beat down MAX-TAC in spectacular fashion and reveal themselves as "shadowrunners" or this worlds equivalent.

Either way being a recruited cyberpsychosis victim would be a interesting origin since you may know that the person you are playing has done something terrible yet never knowing what, thus giving plenty of room for back-story and role-playing.

Crossover material would be strong for me since I have always wanted Deus Ex to have more of the nuts and bolts of a Gibson/Shadowrun/Bladerunner/Cyberpunk world. And that is something I hope they do in the next game if they cover the time after DXHR and the start of Deus Ex.

As for what JC would do?. By 2077 he would be in full JC Denton/Helios/ God emperor of the internet so he would most likely nano teleport down and give everyone a speech about the evils of an unshackled mind that seeks to overthrow society or some such. Or he would just dragons tooth them all and shoot them with that rail gun then give a speech about how it's a such a shame.

EricaLeeV
12th Jan 2013, 18:42
As for what JC would do? By 2077 he would be in full JC Denton/Helios/ God emperor of the internet so he would most likely nano teleport down and give everyone a speech about the evils of an unshackled mind that seeks to overthrow society or some such. Or he would just dragons tooth them all and shoot them with that rail gun then give a speech about how it's a such a shame.

Exactly! Plot twist: JC Denton was CyberGod the entire time.

SageSavage
12th Jan 2013, 18:50
Can you hear JC's ominous cybergod voice shouting from every single speaker in the vicinity? "A bomb." The MAX-TACs run away screaming and the girl escapes into the night. Divine intervention.

FrankCSIS
12th Jan 2013, 19:04
I have always wanted Deus Ex to have more of the nuts and bolts of a Gibson/Shadowrun/Bladerunner/Cyberpunk world

Throw in a Casablanca setting and plot element at some point and I'm in love!

I always wondered why there weren't any more Bladerunner games made. So much potential for varied material in this setting. Or any more games inspired by any Phil K Dick material, actually. He has practically invented the social issues of the information age as early as the 60's. There's material for a hundred games without running out of fresh ideas.

ZakKa89
12th Jan 2013, 19:04
I keep rewatching the trailer it's just so good. The music as well.

ZakKa89
12th Jan 2013, 19:10
Doubtful but it's a great excuse to post some ghost in the shell inspired cyberpunk music.

That's a great idea.

EIVgSuuUTwQ

EricaLeeV
12th Jan 2013, 20:46
Can you hear JC's ominous cybergod voice shouting from every single speaker in the vicinity? "A bomb." The MAX-TACs run away screaming and the girl escapes into the night. Divine intervention.

Yes. :lol:

Enoob
12th Jan 2013, 23:05
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwtPX2pKy4c
Negadon: The Monsters from Mars
one of my best Fav. retro cool :)
no game but nice movi xd

SDF121
13th Jan 2013, 02:49
I am wondering if you play as this woman or as the guy who 'shot' her. Maybe, you just play as any old character class in a world where this is one of the many themes, which would be really great.

You'll get to create your own character and decide your fate. Many of your questions are answered on the games blog.

http://www.cyberpunk.net/blog/

Rainbow6Team
14th Jan 2013, 20:08
When I saw that guy with the huge goggles it reminded me of Judge Dredd.

HERESY
14th Jan 2013, 20:36
First or Third Person? This is from the same guys who made the glorius third person gem known as Witcher 2 correct?

JCpies
14th Jan 2013, 21:39
Here we go again.

HERESY
15th Jan 2013, 01:54
Here we go again.

What? I liked Dishonored. I'm thinking about getting the Aliens game and Bioshock Infinite is on my radar.

nomotog
15th Jan 2013, 03:49
I think he was talking about are wonderfully fun first person third person debates. Ah memories... Actually I kind of forgot all the debates.

HERESY
15th Jan 2013, 04:20
I think he was talking about are wonderfully fun first person third person debates. Ah memories... Actually I kind of forgot all the debates.

He knows where I stand on the matter.

nomotog
15th Jan 2013, 04:58
It dosen't matter that much. I mean of all the things we need to know about cyberpunk, camera is eh.

HERESY
15th Jan 2013, 05:16
It dosen't matter that much. I mean of all the things we need to know about cyberpunk, camera is eh.

When it comes to playing games and potential purchases I need to know what camera is being used.

nomotog
15th Jan 2013, 06:13
When it comes to playing games and potential purchases I need to know what camera is being used.

Well like everything else we wait, but my guess is that it will be 3rd person. Personally I am wondering if the gameplay with relate to DX. They have kind of eluded to it, but haven't been 100% clear.

ZakKa89
15th Jan 2013, 09:52
Can anybody show me the source/proof of that this game won't release earlier than 2015? Where did that come from?

ZakKa89
15th Jan 2013, 21:51
making of teaser (http://www.behance.net/gallery/Cyberpunk-2077/6573211)

Shralla
15th Jan 2013, 22:10
Can anybody show me the source/proof of that this game won't release earlier than 2015? Where did that come from?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-01-11-secret-witcher-3-message-in-lavish-new-cyberpunk-2077-cgi-video

ZakKa89
16th Jan 2013, 01:02
Thanks, that's when I am buying a new pc for sure

Shralla
16th Jan 2013, 08:06
I'm never buying a whole new rig ever again. My next upgrade is going to be a mobo/processor upgrade, unless something comes out on the GPU front in the meantime. Of course, better CPUs could come out that would require a different kind of upgrade, possibly a whole new system, but I hope not.

ZakKa89
16th Jan 2013, 08:20
I'm never buying a whole new rig ever again. My next upgrade is going to be a mobo/processor upgrade, unless something comes out on the GPU front in the meantime. Of course, better CPUs could come out that would require a different kind of upgrade, possibly a whole new system, but I hope not.

I am only keeping my harddrives, CPU cooling and maybe memory.

Reven
16th Jan 2013, 11:42
Speaking of upgrades I was thinking to updating to the socket 1155 configuration since the I7 3770k is going for a nice price. But right now I am waiting on my western digital 2TB HD to arrive from Amazon before I can think about doing an upgrade. But I guess the good part is that Cyberpunk 2077 isn't going to be out before 2015 and The Witcher 3 is release, providing that it is the other game CDPR is yet to announce. Plenty of time to think on spending all that money.

SageSavage
16th Jan 2013, 14:25
Gosh, 2015 sounds so futuristic.

ZakKa89
18th Jan 2013, 15:21
This is so frakking cool. Of course, Total Recall comes to mind

SageSavage
18th Jan 2013, 16:30
Kathrin Bigelow's Strange Days most of all, which is fantastic!

FrankCSIS
19th Jan 2013, 03:34
I'll tell you what it is. It's the Empathy Box in "Do Android Dream of Electric Sheep?" ;) The most interesting concept Phil K Dick ever came up with. For 1968, it truly is full of amazing ramifications.

An empathy box," he said, stammering in his excitement, "is the most personal possession you have. It's an extension of your body; it's the way you touch other humans, it's the way you stop being alone

This is the empathy box, my dear... when you take hold of these handles you're no longer watching Wilbur Mercer. You're actually participating in his apotheosis. Why, you're feeling what he feels.

The empathy box let you have the same experience (...) Everyone using an empathy box a particular time has the same experience

The most surprising part of this concept is that as one of the novel's subplots, Dick puts it in direct open conflict with television, the same way he puts "fake" and "real" in constant conflict. Why this book is not part of all communication and social studies corpus is beyond me!

Reven
20th Jan 2013, 15:09
Interesting points from Pondsmith himself that touches on some of the things I didn't like about DXHR's setting.

xYxt7cwDk4E

CyberP
20th Jan 2013, 15:27
Holy ****, is this for real? This game has the possibility to meet the mediums full potential (of current times).
It has everything going for it. All that is left to see is the vital part: gameplay.
If it is not a first person RPG I shall be very disappointed, but regardless it is a day one buy for sure.

Shralla
20th Jan 2013, 20:34
It's not going to be first-person.

CyberP
21st Jan 2013, 01:47
Source?

Shralla
21st Jan 2013, 06:31
It's CD Projekt. You think their first game with actual character customization is going to be first-person?

CyberP
21st Jan 2013, 11:34
:(

ZakKa89
21st Jan 2013, 13:13
It's CD Projekt. You think their first game with actual character customization is going to be first-person?

Who knows. I wouldn't be surprised if it was first person actually. Even if it is CD projekt.

EricaLeeV
21st Jan 2013, 14:38
Interesting points from Pondsmith himself that touches on some of the things I didn't like about DXHR's setting.

xYxt7cwDk4E

Mike is very inspiring. I'd love to hear him talk some more.

Spyhopping
21st Jan 2013, 15:06
What an outstanding illustration of his vision that man gives. I'm still not a fan of the gormless half naked woman in the trailer, but whatever he's talking about, I want. Very interesting, thanks for posting Reven.

HERESY
21st Jan 2013, 18:20

Stranger things have happened. But a source would be good.

JCpies
21st Jan 2013, 19:03
Hyped now.

ZakKa89
21st Jan 2013, 22:43
Kathrin Bigelow's Strange Days most of all, which is fantastic!

It is! Just saw it. I was amazed I didn't know about this film before. Very Deus Exy when a decision needs to be made wether or not to release the tape.

Full off first person sequences which are very well shot, better than most 'found footage' films going around lately. Thanks!

SageSavage
21st Jan 2013, 23:07
Cool! :)

SageSavage
2nd Feb 2013, 17:55
CDP on Cyberpunk's Trailer
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/02/02/cdp-on-cyberpunks-trailer-social-commentary-in-games/

Some strange questions from RPS.

ZakKa89
2nd Feb 2013, 23:03
yeah I agree about the strange questions.

Rainbow6Team
3rd Feb 2013, 21:29
Cyberpunk Dredd is the lawl.

bat_brain
11th May 2013, 22:57
if its cd project red, its going to be good.

any inklings as to when this will actually be playable / buyable?

hopefully not 2077. that would put me somewhere around the ripe old age of 100. maybe my great grand kids will let me try it, if I can keep my eyes open.

lol.

Solid_1723
11th May 2013, 23:43
if its cd project red, its going to be good.

any inklings as to when this will actually be playable / buyable?

hopefully not 2077. that would put me somewhere around the ripe old age of 100. maybe my great grand kids will let me try it, if I can keep my eyes open.

lol.

True enough, CDPR are the only guys out there atm that I'd throw a preorder at. They inspired a LOT of trust in me by giving us "enhanced editions" of both witcher games for free...*hint* *hint* EM...

Shralla
12th May 2013, 04:43
They said no earlier than 2015, but realistically "when it's ready."