PDA

View Full Version : GMDX-Gameplay/Difficulty Mod

CyberP
9th Jan 2013, 09:18
Give Me Deus Ex mode is a gameplay enhancing mod for Deus Ex (original) built on top of the long anticipated HDTP graphics mod (for compatability reasons). GMDX focuses on providing more challenge for experienced players, plays off of the strongest aspect of Deus Ex- choice & consequence, and makes the game feel fresh again.

GMDX on Moddb: http://www.moddb.com/mods/httpwwwmoddbcommodsgmdx/#3586970.

A quick summary of what to expect:

-Greater challenge: Tougher AI, reduced effectiveness of overpowering tools (Regen Aug for example), less ammo and more.
-Re-balanced augmentation and skill system.
-Choices hold more weight overall.
-Alterations to weapons performance and additional weapons to be found.
-Vanilla bug fixes (Skill points bugs, Lockpick/Multitool glitch, Map issues etc).
-Many map alterations & additions in the interest of challenge, choice and consequence, realism and bugfixes.
-Additional music.

El_Bel
9th Jan 2013, 13:41
Is it compatible with biomod?

edit: ok stupid question. Of course it isnt.

CyberP
9th Jan 2013, 13:50
GMDX is only compatable with the latest HDTP beta and New Vision.
It is also the only gameplay mod that is compatible with the latest HDTP beta, at least until shifter gets updated.

JCpies
9th Jan 2013, 17:49
You should have reduced the inventory size and prevented item stacking.

Also this:

Out of curiosity, what's the point of the nanotech blade if it's actually less useful than medieval-era technology?

And the exclusion of re-breathers? They're not vital, but they're useful and not too common.

I do like how you've tried to encourage the use of the novelty weapons though. I always though throwing knives were cool.

CyberP
9th Jan 2013, 20:20
Also this:
gameplay over realism in this instance. What is the point in low-tech skill and combat strength when you have an ultimate weapon that kills everything in one hit without touching low-tech or combat strength?

Edit: The sword damage will be raised, just a touch.

And the exclusion of re-breathers? They're not vital, but they're useful and not too common.

They rendered Swimming Skill nearly useless. Now you will need to put some points into swimming/use aqualung if you want to swim in the collapsed tunnel for example.

CyberP
15th Jan 2013, 01:11
So, is anybody playing this? I could use the feedback.

El_Bel
15th Jan 2013, 13:03
Rebreathers need to come back in. Nerf them, make them useful only for people who have enviromental training. But we should have the option to use them instead of swimming/aqualung. Thats the point of the whole game.

For example i could upgrade my rifles skill to master level, or i could just put every weapons upgrade to my sniper. I could use the Cloak aug to get past some traps or the thermoptic camo. To make players think twice about relying on staff like the Rebreather, make them more skill reliant (enviromental) and make the inventory smaller, so 1 place in the inventory costs more to the player or make them take more slots in the inventory.

While you are at it, make water more dangerous. People die underwater because their brain starve for oxygen. You should not be able to heal this kind of damage, but in game, you can stay underwater forever as long as you have the healing aug or medkits. I have two ideas about this problem. First make healing while drowning imposible. I don't like this solution much, but whatever. My favorite solution is that damage from drowning should double every time. So the first turn you drown you take just 10 damage. Second turn 20(total=30 still can be healed by medkit). Third turn 40 (Total=70 almost dead if you dont use healing) Forth turn 80 (total=150 if you did not heal previously, you are now dead) Fifth turn 160 (You are now dead no matter what you do.

Thermoptic camo wearing MJ12 is a great ideas, need more of those.
Less reaction times and bigger FOV for enemies is good. Waiting for the much better AI.
Most weapon changes are good. Do not agree with DTS super nerf.

Lastly, it should be based on Shifter/Biomod and make your changes based on them, while keeping the awesome things they do. Seriously, no way i'm replacing Biomod for long.

CyberP
15th Jan 2013, 13:48
Rebreathers need to come back in. Nerf them, make them useful only for people who have enviromental training. But we should have the option to use them instead of swimming/aqualung. Thats the point of the whole game.

For example i could upgrade my rifles skill to master level, or i could just put every weapons upgrade to my sniper. I could use the Cloak aug to get past some traps or the thermoptic camo. To make players think twice about relying on staff like the Rebreather, make them more skill reliant (enviromental) and make the inventory smaller, so 1 place in the inventory costs more to the player or make them take more slots in the inventory.
Sorry, swimming skill and aqualung are the lesser choices, as is environmental training- your way would favour environmental training as by upgrading it you could swim AND get the benefits of better Hazmat/armour/Goggles/optic camo.
I stick by my initial decision.

While you are at it, make water more dangerous. People die underwater because their brain starve for oxygen. You should not be able to heal this kind of damage, but in game, you can stay underwater forever as long as you have the healing aug or medkits. I have two ideas about this problem. First make healing while drowning imposible. I don't like this solution much, but whatever. My favorite solution is that damage from drowning should double every time. So the first turn you drown you take just 10 damage. Second turn 20(total=30 still can be healed by medkit). Third turn 40 (Total=70 almost dead if you dont use healing) Forth turn 80 (total=150 if you did not heal previously, you are now dead) Fifth turn 160 (You are now dead no matter what you do.
Regen Aug has been nerfed, but also I have plans for more water damage over time for V2.

Thermoptic camo wearing MJ12 is a great ideas, need more of those
Less reaction times and bigger FOV for enemies is good.
Most weapon changes are good.
Thank you.

Do not agree with DTS super nerf.
I know, I know. It's getting changed soon.

Waiting for the much better AI.
What does this mean? My mod already does alot for AI.

Lastly, it should be based on Shifter/Biomod and make your changes based on them, while keeping the awesome things they do. Seriously, no way i'm replacing Biomod for long.
Sorry, HDTP takes priority as a base. Have you seen those new guns + the visual weapon mod changes?
Besides, my mod is a gameplay enhancing mod with different goals, so basing my mod on those wouldn't make sense.
...Although there is one or two things I would like to use from them.

Thank you for the feedback. Are you actually playing it, or are you just basing your opinions on the mod description?

EDIT: Not sure what the deal is with all the requests for smaller inventory size. That only restricts playstyles and opportunities.

El_Bel
15th Jan 2013, 14:40
I've played for 3-4 hours, but then changed back to biomod. Making some augmentations passive and only wasting energy when you use them, is the way to go. Before biomod, or with your mod, i only used augs once or twice and then forgot i had them. Passive augs certenly made me feel like an augmented agent more. AND it made me burn through my bioelectric cells at a much faster rate. There were times when i was almost out of cells and energy, something that never happens when i dont use passive augs. Maybe it should be one of the things that you should from them.

Also things i can't live without from Biomod and you might want to consider adding are the pickpocket for keys(makes non-lethal run possible, you can escape without killing Anna), the right click on a panel and the multitools come out automaticaly, ledge grabbing, reload changes grenades, making it almost imposible to disable grenades without demolitons skill, removing crosshair when you put the scope on a weapon and other things that i cant think about right now.

Also i would like to see AI using tactics and strategy. Flanking, grenade throwing to flush me out(not just throw it while i strafe around them), grabbing cover when they take too much fire, keep distance when they see me close in with the flamethrower or the DTS (hey, that could make the game harder for the DTS players without nerfing it!). But i would like for the AI to not know exactly where i am, even when they realisticaly can't know it. Maybe add a last known location future.

Lastly you forget the benefit of swimming faster with the swimming skill. My way of solving the rebreather problem solves the problem of air and can be used as a one time thing to get to a place, but it does not help with underwater combat. Try going in the ocean lab by jumping on the water without swimming training, and you will die a lot. Same things for some mutants in the water. Maybe you should add some more underwater enemies to make the swimming skill more useful, instead of taking out the rebreather.

CyberP
15th Jan 2013, 15:01
Augs
I have plans for a passive aug: EMP. But EMP only. And it will only be passive so it can stack up as worthy choice against ballistic protection. The other augs are fine, and I am not a fan of automated gameplay ...Although Silent running may need to be passive, since speed aug is the far better choice.
Still, you obviously love biomod, and I am sure it's for a good reason.

Also things i can't live without from Biomod and you might want to consider adding are the pickpocket for keys(makes non-lethal run possible, you can escape without killing Anna), the right click on a panel and the multitools come out automaticaly, ledge grabbing, reload changes grenades, making it almost imposible to disable grenades without demolitons skill, removing crosshair when you put the scope on a weapon and other things that i cant think about right now.
Some good features there. But whilst Biomod has those features, mine has others. The mods have different goals.
I may look into those though, they are very good features/mechanics.

Also i would like to see AI using tactics and strategy. Flanking, grenade throwing to flush me out(not just throw it while i strafe around them), grabbing cover when they take too much fire, keep distance when they see me close in with the flamethrower or the DTS (hey, that could make the game harder for the DTS players without nerfing it!). But i would like for the AI to not know exactly where i am, even when they realisticaly can't know it. Maybe add a last known location future.
All desireable features, I agree. Would take a ****loada work though, but with my new coders on board, hopefully some will be possible. Note, some. The AI in Human Revolution doesn't even do all of that!
Still, the AI in my mod as is is far better than vanilla DX, especially late in the game where some have new abilities.

EDIT: Does Biomod have changes to AI?

Maybe you should add some more underwater enemies to make the swimming skill more useful, instead of taking out the rebreather.

Yeah, already some more underwater enemies, aswell as no rebreathers.

El_Bel
15th Jan 2013, 15:08
I believe that AI is not a matter of technology, you could have AI like that in the original SiN. It is just a matter of programming time! So of course most games go for other things first.

CyberP
15th Jan 2013, 15:12
Sin is a straight up shooter. Deus Ex is a game with a ****ton of variables, inevitable emergent scenarios, and different playstyles. That is why Deus Ex has ****ty AI in the first place.
Still, we shall see what my coders can do! (it definately wont be all that though)

CyberP
15th Feb 2013, 05:23
V2 released. Refer to the original post.

nsf001
18th Feb 2013, 14:19
You shouldn't remove the inventory glitch...

CyberP
18th Feb 2013, 18:19
You shouldn't remove the inventory glitch...

Lol, why not?

Activate cheats and it disables the code that removes it, although it may be removed altogether.

El_Bel
18th Feb 2013, 22:59
How?

CyberP
19th Feb 2013, 04:37
What do you mean "how"? Boolean.

CyberP
15th Apr 2013, 10:15
Installation Guide for GMDX.

Getting Deus Ex mod-ready.

1. Install Deus Ex. Steam version not recommended for mod compatibility.
2. Launch Deus Ex up to the main menu. At the main menu look for the text "v1.112fm". If "v1.112fm" is NOT displayed and some other version number is then apply the Official patch v1.112fm (http://www.fileplanet.com/59470/50000/fileinfo/Deus-Ex-Patch-v1112fm).

Installing New Vision

A graphics mod for Deus Ex (world textures). New Vision is optional but this guide assumes New Vision will be installed.

1. Download and install New Vision (http://www.moddb.com/mods/new-vision/downloads/new-vision-15). The installation wizard gives you options for custom launchers and renderers. Check the boxes for Kenties DirectX 10 renderer and Kenties Launcher.
2. Install to your Deus Ex directory and click "Yes" to whatever else the wizard asks.

Now make a backup copy of the Deus Ex directory, mod ready and New Vision installed. New Vision is compatible with all other mods.

Installing HDTP

A graphics mod (objects, characters, weapons etc).

1. Download and install the HDTP demo/release 1 (http://www.offtopicproductions.com/hdtp/?page_id=3).
2. Download and install the beta files (http://www.offtopicproductions.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11566).

Beta01: Copy HDTPPapers into DeusEx\System.
Beta02: Copy HDTPCharacters, HDTPDecos & HDTPItems into DeusEx\System and overwrite when prompted.
Beta03: Copy DeusEx.u into DeusEx\HDTP\System and overwrite when prompted. Copy HDTPAnim.utx into both DeusEx\Textures & DeusEx\HDTP\Textures for good measure. Copy HDTPBookOpen & HDTPBookClosed into DeusEx\System.

Now launch Deus Ex via the .exe found in DeusEx\System. Select "data directories" and check the HDTP related boxes. In "configure" you can set FOV, resolution, change renderer if you are having problems with the DirectX 10 renderer and so on.
Run the game and checkout the great new graphics.

Installing GMDX

1. Download GMDX (http://www.moddb.com/mods/httpwwwmoddbcommodsgmdx/downloads).
1. Extract the contents of the Maps folder to DeusEx\Maps. Replace/overwrite all.
2. Extract the contents of the NewVisionMaps folder to DeusEx\NewVision\Maps. Replace/overwrite all.
3. Extract the contents of the Music folder to DeusEx\Music.
4. Place Deus Ex.u & the GMDX file into DeusEx\HDTP\System and replace/overwrite when prompted. Place the DeusEx.int file into DeusEx\System and replace when prompted.

Now launch Deus Ex from the .exe again. You have to start a new game. Once you start playing press Esc and go into "HDTP options", select "custom" then set all characters to True except for "MJ12", which should be false.

Now you are finally ready to play, enjoy!

CyberP
23rd Apr 2013, 03:27
It's encouraged that those interested in the mod to wait for the next update if you demand a flawless experience.

Major issues:
-Hearing range of enemies needs reducing some. Not a problem for those who play as a shooter (playing hybrid playstyles is the best for this mod though, it enforces challenge, choice and consequence, making use of stuff you don't usually (through challenge and rebalancing) and thinking outside the box).
-Couple of overlooked BSP holes.
-Controls lock up under rare circumstances (fix for now: Load previous save).

Minor:
Just stuff like 1 or two objects need proper alignment. Nothing here worth mentioning, but plenty altered and added. Everything will hopefully be fixed shortly.

CyberP
28th Apr 2013, 14:52
GMDX v2.1 release

Mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/?9cejwumb3uv4pir

Moddb: http://www.moddb.com/mods/httpwwwmoddbcommodsgmdx/downloads/gmdx-v21

v2.1 Changelog

Bug Fixes

-Regeneration augmentation fixed.
-Multitool & Lockpick glitch fixed (vanilla bug)

Other changes

-Multitool & Lockpick skill point upgrade costs reduced and level improvements are as follows 5-10-15-30.
-Riot Prod slightly increased range and damage.
-Reduced ammo ammount found for GEP gun and Shotguns per pickup (balancing).
-Increased sniper Rifle Damage to give it an edge over the Custom Sniper Rifle (note the custom sniper rifle cannot be silenced also)
-Slightly lowered EMP Aug EMP damage reduction values.
-Halved the Bioelectricity drain rate of the Synthetic heart augmentation.
-Made microfibral Muscle aug passive.
-increased Silienced Glock damage
-increased custom Glock Damage
-Stealth pistol rate of fire and damage increase.
-Assault Shotgun and Sawed-off can now have accurate range weapon mods.
-Reduced pistol accuracy back to default,
-Slightly lowered skill point costs of Pistol Skill.
-Increased Mini-Crossbow Dart damage.
-Reduced Karkian and Baby Karkian min health values.

Map issues resolved

-Reduced hearing range for all enemies. (it is still higher than vanilla though).
-Fixed BSP holes on liberty island, Super freighter & Helibase maps.
-Female NSF at Helibase map correct sound. Smoother chopper take off and better skybox.
-Re-aligned box at NSF warehouse, and that level made slightly easier overall.
-Plently altered Multitool & Lockpick costs.
-Removed Radioactive barrel intentional contamination in HK Canal vent.
-HK storage music restored.
-Scoped assault gun scope enabled.
-Changes to Alex Jacobson's new security.
-Changes to Dowd's security.
-Restored 2 NSF alliances on NYC_Street map.

And plenty more.

Note to those on a playthrough in process only:

If you want these fixes extract and overwrite the DeusEx.u file (place in HDTP\System) & the maps files (both Maps & NewVision\maps(only if you have newvision installed for the latter), overwrite all).

It is recommended you backup the Deus Ex directory first just in case. There is one issue I've spotted if you install this half way through a playthrough: Microfibral muscle is now passive, if you install the patch halfway through a playthough microfibral muscle will be off and cannot be activated. However, before you apply the patch save the game with MicroF muscle ON and in theory once you apply the patch it should work. This is the only issue I have found, the only way to truly avoid any issues is by starting a new game, but that shouldn't be necessary.

CyberP
28th Apr 2013, 14:54
http://media.moddb.com/cache/images/downloads/1/55/54025/thumb_620x2000/Silo3_zps14ffd376.jpg

CyberP
29th Apr 2013, 11:14
Forgot to mention in the changelog that tranquilizer darts do more damage. Instant knockout with a headshot and faster time to knockout elsewhere.
This won't be so effective against the tougher enemies in the game though.

Feedback on this from some stealth vets would be nice.

ColBashar
30th Apr 2013, 17:45
Just wanted to add a note that I'm interested in your mod, Cyber, but loading up Deus Ex involves a pretty big investment of my time and there's just a lot of other stuff going on in my life that takes priority. But I'll keep it in mind next time I'm up for another playthrough.

While I'm partial to the notion of passive augs, myself, I appreciate the classic feel of having to manually activate them. I found it a little easier to manage when I found the hotkey to turn off all augs. I moved that to somewhere more convenient rather than have to fumble with the F-keys. Too often I'd turn on something that consumed copious amounts of bio-energy rather than turning off the aug I wanted.

CyberP
30th Apr 2013, 18:18
Dw, I feel the same way about the augs. The ones that are passive are purely for balancing reasons.

EMP vs Ballistic Protection. Dominant aug by far is BP so I made EMP passive.

Energy Shield vs Regen. Shield is now passive.

Microfibral Muscle vs Combat Strength. Muscle is now passive. This makes sense since Combat Strength is more important for melee weapons as the ultimate weapon has been nerfed (Dragons Tooth), and late in the game there are tougher enemies that will need the boost to stealth kill. (Should only need it for MiB Mk.2 enemies, of which there are hardly any, or could just use the prod).

I'm still not wholly confident about muscle change though, as I love the player input involved in having to activate it yourself, put your weapon away, then turn it off, but in this particular case I think it may be better as a passive aug. Infinite throwing around boxes is pretty fun, as demonstrated by Invisible War & Human Revolution.
So, if feedback turns up negative of that change I can easily set it back to normal.

CyberP
10th Jun 2013, 13:32
v2.2 release, check the OP. Addresses remaining bugs and balancing, and adds some more additional content.

CyberP
16th Jun 2013, 04:10
Playtesters needed for GMDX's new optional Hardcore/Iron man mode.

Disables quicksave/menu save. Enables map transition auto save & savepoints.

This system increases challenge and gives every choice more importance:

-Removes the ability to refill oxygen meter (vanilla dx: if you save the game underwater then reload you will get full o2 meter back).
-Removes the ability to save scum lockpicks and tools and instead accept the consequences of your choices...for everything in general.
-Removes the ability to save before attempting to disarm a proximity mine. Avoid them if you dont have Demolition skill or shoot them, unless you are a LAM defusing expert.
-Removes the ability to exhaust all conversation options to see the rewards/results and then choose the best one.
-Removes the ability to overcome any challenge by saving after every action you are satisfied with (damage dealt to an enemy whilst not receiving any yourself for example, or saving after every stealth kill without anybody else spotting you).
-Makes every encounter more intense and every victory more satisfying.
-Punishment for dying: Almost guaranteed to lose some progress (never more than 5 mins is intended).

You have 5 autosave slots that cycle so you can load a few levels back if you want to. The number of slots may be increased.
Each save point should never be more than 5 mins apart (depending on player skill).
A "true" challenge awaits! Enforces the consequence in choice & consequence. Makes the experience fresh for vets.

Inspired by "hardcore games" such as Dark Souls(Multi), XCOM (Multi, Iron man mode only), Resident Evil 1 (PS1,PC), Turok 2(N64), Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the earth (XBOX, PC) & more. I believe all the unparalleled choice available to you in most Looking Glass style games are not given enough importance because of the quicksave/load system, and challenge is ultimately lacking due to allowing the player to essentially rewind time from any point in time they set.

Interested? Post here or PM me. This is a better designed save system than Bioshock Infinite's System, I guarantee it ;) And it's optional.

SageSavage
16th Jun 2013, 10:25
Sounds interesting! I want to give it a try.

CyberP
16th Jun 2013, 12:07
Sounds interesting! I want to give it a try.

Will send within 6 months. Just finishing up on something (disabling cheats/console commands). Should all be working fine but playtesters exist for a reason! Myself and my partner have been testing too but you can never be too confident.

In all seriousness it will be ready in about an hour most likely.

CyberP
16th Jun 2013, 15:25
Okay, it's ready: http://www.moddb.com/mods/httpwwwmoddbcommodsgmdx/downloads

More info on new game mode:

Select "Hardcore" option in the New Game menu.
Map transition auto saves are permanent, every time you enter a new map it autosaves. Savepoints are one time use however.
Hardcore mode has the same damage multipliers as Realistic. The only difference is the save system, yet it is a huge difference. Oh, and cheats console/commands are disabled.
Sometimes you may not want to activate the one-time use save points right away. Your choice.
Most save points are in obvious places, some are hidden out of sight.
If real life gets in the way of gaming time, go back to a loading screen for the auto save, press on in hopes of a load screen or save point, or quit and sacrifice approximately 5 minutes of gameplay.
Play on any other difficulty and no save points appear, quicksaving is enabled etc etc.

Whoever downloads you are volunteering for beta testing and I expect feedback positive or negative. That said everything should be bug free, we'll see. Such a vast game.

SageSavage
16th Jun 2013, 16:24
Ok, it's running now. First issue:

Instead of "Hardcore" the menu-option is labeled as "Vorheriges MenĂ¼" (German for "Previous Menu", which is the next button and works as described).

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/7714/xkmc.jpg

CyberP
16th Jun 2013, 16:39
You havent installed Deus Ex.int? Needs to be in DeusEx\System not HDTP\System. Leave it if you want everything to stay in your native language though.

You can edit your .DET file yourself in notepad if you want:

[MenuSelectDifficulty]
Title="Select Combat Difficulty"
ButtonNames[0]="Easy"
ButtonNames[1]="Medium"
ButtonNames[2]="Hard"
ButtonNames[3]="Realistic"
ButtonNames[4]="Hardcore"
ButtonNames[5]="Previous Menu"

Just Ctrl + F search for "Liecht" then change index 4. Then send me the file afterwards so other german users can have it ;)
Edit: You will have to add the 5th line to the index too, just send me the .DET file pls, I cannot find one on the net. I'll send it back sorted.

If you can be bothered that is, only the skill system additions and menu select there will be "lost in translation".

Edit: Sorry it wont be .INT for you, it should be .DET

SageSavage
16th Jun 2013, 17:28
Edit: sent via email.

CyberP
16th Jun 2013, 17:34
You've got mail. Thanks.

SageSavage
16th Jun 2013, 17:38
Since I'm new to your mod entirely, excuse me if this has been discussed before. My first impression is that it really is much more difficult then vanilla DX on "Realistic" and that is good. The few checkpoint so far are well positioned. What I'm not so sure about is the quite extreme visual detection range of the NSF soldiers. I think it makes them a bit super-human.

CyberP
16th Jun 2013, 17:52
I know this is obvious and you've surely tried it, but crouching really helps you stay hidden. Other than that stay out of their field of view which is increased from 90 to 120 (still far from human let alone super human, and the vision range is fine as well imo). For highest chances of success I recommend playing a hybrid of Shooter/Stealth playstyles. Go stealth as long as possible, when caught kill em all rather than reloading.
Also it is not always their eyesight, weapons make much more noise and NPCs have many other stats alterations too such as hearing range, how long before they go back to patrolling and accuracy..

xaduha2
16th Jun 2013, 17:53
Pssst, spoiler tag works wonders

CyberP
16th Jun 2013, 18:17
@Fox: "Super human" would be a fair judgement when you compare it to all other games featuring stealth. AI always have ridiculously gimped stats. I've tried to make them a real threat in that regard yet still not quite human. Let me know what you think of it after more time to adjust, I may need to tone it down a touch.

Let me know if you have any design questions such as "why the **** have you nerfed riot prod clip size to 2?" A: you can mod it with reload speed and clip mods :)

CyberP
17th Jun 2013, 19:03
Attention playtesters: Autosave bug fixed.

Moddb page updated to include it.

Link for the specific file only for current playtesters: http://www.mediafire.com/?3tw7vcrrr69cjew
Place the file into DeusEx\HDTP\System

CyberP
20th Jun 2013, 00:53
Darn, as myself and playtesters have discovered, the Airfield helibase map is extremely hard. To those who have downloaded the mod and are not reporting feedback, grab this toned down version of the map: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ui32f3ubj5588ct/03_NYC_AirfieldHeliBase.dx

An extra save point, a medbot and a couple of other things.

If you are already on the map installing it will change nothing unless you load a previous save before the map and play from there.

El_Bel
20th Jun 2013, 01:14
Damn, an extra hard version sounds too good for me to pass. Maybe I should reinstall it just to make you guys look weak!

CyberP
20th Jun 2013, 01:32
Damn, an extra hard version sounds too good for me to pass. Maybe I should reinstall it just to make you guys look weak!

Bring it on! Don't download that map either then ;)

Wait a sec for new DX.u though. Some nice new changes, hold on.

CyberP
20th Jun 2013, 01:52
http://www.mediafire.com/download/3uhq4th9pt8kvoo/DeusEx(2).u

Rename the file to just "DeusEx" (no quotes) then place in DeusEx\HDTP\System after you have installed GMDX. I'll update the Moddb page later to include it.

If there are people in a playthrough in progress who wants to install these changes know the autosave cycle may get screwed up, the indexing, but you will still be able to tell from screenshot & date/time what's what. use the user.ini file to reset the indexing order if so.

Here is what it adds:

-Crowbar now does 13 damage
-Baton 12 damage
-Combat Knife 10 damage
-AutoTurrets range significantly increased.
-Security Cameras sound radius slightly higher, Hackstrength hardcoded at 0.1.
-Environmental training Skill additions restored: Upgrade to stack suits in inventory.
-Killing an enemy gives off noise, a small radius (body falling to the floor).
-Lowered the impact sound radius projectiles give off when hitting something be it wall or NPC.
-Fixed HDTP MilBot walksound/shake bug.
-Added option to main menu game options to skip new game intro.
-Demolition skill costs slightly lowered.

---------------------------
Hardcore mode changes:

-Extra measures to ensure players cannot use console commands/cheats.
-Added a couple more savepoints.
-Cycles through 10 save slots.
-Weapon Auto Reload Disabled

El_Bel
20th Jun 2013, 05:45
-Killing an enemy gives off noise, a small radius (body falling to the floor)..

Remember the permanent AI state that I proposed when I was playtesting? The one that the enemy knows that you are in the area, because they faught you or saw you fight or they have seen a dead body, and in response they are at all times ready for combat (They fire as soon as they see you) and that you found it a good idea?

How about you add that when someone spots a body?

CyberP
20th Jun 2013, 09:23
Remember the permanent AI state that I proposed when I was playtesting? The one that the enemy knows that you are in the area, because they faught you or saw you fight or they have seen a dead body, and in response they are at all times ready for combat (They fire as soon as they see you) and that you found it a good idea?

Yes, probably will.

CyberP
5th Jul 2013, 04:46
Little demo of a new feature coming soon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKzFBRCDGbY

Microfibral Muscle behaves as it does in IW and HR, or somewhere in between in terms
of power for balance. IW was too weak, HR too strong.

ECM_specialist
22nd Sep 2013, 19:28
Installed exactly as instructed. Immediately after that nasty bug encountered: when entering training or new game, movement isn't working.
Working: jumping, turning around, shooting, inventory and goals screens, reload, f12 augmentation.
Not working: forward/backward, left/right strafe&look, crouch, up/down/center look by keys.
Key reassignment doesn't change anything. Ideas?

ECM_specialist
22nd Sep 2013, 19:34

Small addendum: If possible, I would like guard to become alarmed 5 minutes after he is the only one left in the area :cool: . All hail realism :worship: .

CyberP
22nd Sep 2013, 19:37
Menu->Options->HDTPoptions: set to custom and disable MJ12 troops.

ECM_specialist
22nd Sep 2013, 19:46
Menu->Options->HDTPoptions: set to custom and disable MJ12 troops.

I set these during install in exactly that way. I've toggled it a few times, that set again this way -- no effect.

CyberP
22nd Sep 2013, 23:50
Patched to 1.112fm?
Using Kenties launcher? If so, go in data directories and check HDTP and New Vision-related boxes.
Checked to see if HDTP & New Vision were working fine before installing GMDX? Running Deus Ex before installing HDTP is a must, and HDTP is a requirement for GMDX.

ECM_specialist
23rd Sep 2013, 08:49
Patched to 1.112fm? Yes.

Using Kenties launcher? Yes.

If so, go in data directories and check HDTP and New Vision-related boxes.
Already checked.

Checked to see if HDTP & New Vision were working fine before installing GMDX? Running Deus Ex before installing HDTP is a must, and HDTP is a requirement for GMDX.
I have launched them, but did not start new game before GMDX. Reinstalling and checking now...

ECM_specialist
23rd Sep 2013, 09:10
Reinstalled, after every mod installation played a "new game" for a few seconds. Now the movement works fine. Thanks, l gotta play now :) .

ECM_specialist
23rd Sep 2013, 14:14
Movement stopped working again :( . Any debugging measures, which could shed light on this?

ECM_specialist
23rd Sep 2013, 14:42
I think I figured this out. If you launch HDTP (not the deusex.exe), it seems to somehow corrupt ini files. So far, reinstalled and all is fine.

CyberP
23rd Sep 2013, 17:00
Yeah launch via DeusEx.exe/Kenties Launcher.

ECM_specialist
29th Sep 2013, 11:43
So far, very good :) . A few of minor oversights I see:

AI range should be increased. Combination of mediocre AI range and increased range of visual detection isn't so good...

Also it's funny, when enemy detects player footsteps on about the same range as non-silenced pistol gunshots and TNT explosions(personal impression). Gunshots and explosions are becoming rather silent way of eliminating enemies :nut: .

Also, when there is alarm, enemy seem to ALWAYS know EXACTLY where you are, even when you left area where you were detected by laser tripwire and no one saw you. Not that I'm complaining, it's useful for luring them all to reconfigured turret :D .... But seems off :rolleyes: .

Also, why Glock can't fire underwater :rolleyes: ?

CyberP
29th Sep 2013, 12:19
So far, very good :) . A few of minor oversights I see:

AI range should be increased. Combination of mediocre AI range and increased range of visual detection isn't so good...

Some AI stats are progressive (by enemy type) and also depend on weapon held. For example sniper has extreme range, sawed-off shotgun not so much. Another example is NSF has fair chance to run off scared in combat, MJ12 have very low chances. MJ12 also have much better accuracy & range.

Hmm, I kinda agree that the NSF should have better range overall though, but they also have poor accuracy too which will make them barely a threat at range. I could have increased their accuracy even more also but the player is gimped at this point in accuracy etc so it's only fair to give he AI, a faction made up of "anyone who will join" to have gimped stats some too. But either way, nearly all the AI stats & reactions are higher than they were vanilla and are greater threat, on hardcore mode especially.

Also it's funny, when enemy detects player footsteps on about the same range as non-silenced pistol gunshots and TNT explosions(personal impression). Gunshots and explosions are becoming rather silent way of eliminating enemies :nut: .

I cranked the sound range unsilenced gunshots make right up.....should be much more louder than vanilla, especially in combination with increased AI hearing range.
However pistol isn't as loud as, say, sniper or shotguns.

Also, when there is alarm, enemy seem to ALWAYS know EXACTLY where you are, even when you left area where you were detected by laser tripwire and no one saw you. Not that I'm complaining, it's useful for luring them all to reconfigured turret :D .... But seems off :rolleyes: .

Yeah that's how it works vanilla. It's a bit off, yes, but at least it makes it more challenging.

Also, why Glock can't fire underwater :rolleyes: ?

Why would or should it be able to? By default only xbow and melee weapons work underwater. Makes sense to me.

ECM_specialist
29th Sep 2013, 18:29
Hmm, I kinda agree that the NSF should have better range overall though, but they also have poor accuracy too which will make them barely a threat at range. I could have increased their accuracy even more also but the player is gimped at this point in accuracy etc so it's only fair to give he AI, a faction made up of "anyone who will join" to have gimped stats some too. But either way, nearly all the AI stats & reactions are higher than they were vanilla and are greater threat, on hardcore mode especially.
That's pretty fine for combat, but what if player wants to be stealthy once in a while? With increased enemy sight range for open spaces player often should wait a little afar for enemy patrol round... which never comes because they're out of AI range :nut: .

Yeah that's how it works vanilla. It's a bit off, yes, but at least it makes it more challenging.

In vanilla they AFAIK run to the place of alarm, not player position :scratch: .

Why would or should it be able to?

Erm... Because of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WIIKje1g2s:rolleyes: ?
A little of use, but fun :rolleyes: .

CyberP
29th Sep 2013, 23:09
That's pretty fine for combat, but what if player wants to be stealthy once in a while? With increased enemy sight range for open spaces player often should wait a little afar for enemy patrol round... which never comes because they're out of AI range :nut:.

You want AI to have even further vision range? As is Stealth is harder than it was vanilla, They were damn near blind vanilla. They now have slightly larger FOV and just under double vision range as well as other stealth related stats improved on. The range they see at now is a good compromise between blind & getting spotted across the map imo. Try non-lethal-only on hardcore, not just sneaking every now & then, it is very challenging and you'll soon change your mind.

Or am I completely misunderstanding you here?

In vanilla they AFAIK run to the place of alarm, not player position :scratch: .

That depends, it's on a per-pawn basis as well as other variables. Ultimately decided by bTriggerAlarm (or something similar, it's been a few months now). Some pawns have bTriggerAlarm=True, others do not.

Edit: misunderstood you here for sure. If an alarm is triggered they gain increased awareness stats and they only run to the location if the alarm was triggered by a beam trigger (red laser) which sends a sound event. Don't hold me to that though.

ECM_specialist
30th Sep 2013, 17:40
You want AI to have even further vision range? As is Stealth is harder than it was vanilla, They were damn near blind vanilla. They now have slightly larger FOV and just under double vision range as well as other stealth related stats improved on. The range they see at now is a good compromise between blind & getting spotted across the map imo. Try non-lethal-only on hardcore, not just sneaking every now & then, it is very challenging and you'll soon change your mind.

Or am I completely misunderstanding you here?

No, I meant that fact, that NPC AI scripts are engaged only within certain radius from player(and in view of player, it seems). When they are not engaged, they apparently stand idly. This is what I call AI radius :cool: . It didn't mattered when their visual range was short, also it doesn't matter in close quarters, but when because of this, for example, bots in mj12 armory under unatco begin to patrol very close one to other...:rolleyes:

Also:
In Paris catacombs when I get close to Silhouette hideout, MJ12 troops start fighting and get into their bunker. Is it supposed to be this way?
In Hongkong and earlier -- where is at least ONE rebreather? I haven't found any...
When I break some wooden crates, which should contain ammunition or supplies, they turn up empty. Is it supposed to be so?

That depends, it's on a per-pawn basis as well as other variables. Ultimately decided by bTriggerAlarm (or something similar, it's been a few months now). Some pawns have bTriggerAlarm=True, others do not.

Edit: misunderstood you here for sure. If an alarm is triggered they gain increased awareness stats and they only run to the location if the alarm was triggered by a beam trigger (red laser) which sends a sound event. Don't hold me to that though.

No, I start alarm, where no one can see me, then move around the corner(still no one can see me), crouch hush. And they run STRAIGHT to me :scratch: .

CyberP
30th Sep 2013, 18:15
No, I meant that fact, that NPC AI scripts are engaged only within certain radius from player(and in view of player, it seems). When they are not engaged, they apparently stand idly. This is what I call AI radius :cool: . It didn't mattered when their visual range was short, also it doesn't matter in close quarters, but when because of this, for example, bots in mj12 armory under unatco begin to patrol very close one to other...:rolleyes:

Patrolling and such loops no matter the distance from the player unless set to not do so, but certain events such as NPC to NPC converstations only happen when the player triggers them by getting close, yes.

Also:
In Paris catacombs when I get close to Silhouette hideout, MJ12 troops start fighting and get into their bunker. Is it supposed to be this way?

....no. I have never seen that or had any other reports of that happening before either, but it's kinda cool, no?

In Hongkong and earlier -- where is at least ONE rebreather? I haven't found any...

There is only one rebreather in the game that you can buy from the gas station. They were removed as they made swimming skill redundant and their only downside was 1 inventory block in size.

When I break some wooden crates, which should contain ammunition or supplies, they turn up empty. Is it supposed to be so?

Yes. Not all crates would have items inside IRL (as in vanilla) and it was also part of the effort to reduce overall ammo, resulting in more thought required from the player, as ammo was rarely an issue vanilla. Of course it's only some crates, usually ones out in the open that any old bum could have rummaged through, never any location that requires effort to reach.

ECM_specialist
1st Oct 2013, 14:07
Patrolling and such loops no matter the distance from the player unless set to not do so, but certain events such as NPC to NPC converstations only happen when the player triggers them by getting close, yes.

I am pretty certain that there are many other things depending on player proximity: for example, hacked turret attacks enemies only when player is close enough.

Game is fun so far. I had to brush dust off techniques like making enemy take certain positions by throwing objects, using one enemy to block other's line of shooting, high-speed precision pistol shooting ;) , and using knocked out MIBs as explosive charges :cool: .