PDA

View Full Version : Why isn't this coming for the PC?!

Duspende .
26th Dec 2012, 20:37
Title says it all. I would like an answer on this matter.

semajmarc87
27th Dec 2012, 23:47
Title says it all. I would like an answer on this matter.

Maybe because all five Hitman games are already available on PC?

Duspende .
28th Dec 2012, 05:35
Doesn't make them HD? Last time I checked, all five hitman games were available on console, too. With the expection of Codename 47.

abfirstr8
28th Dec 2012, 19:34
Doesn't make them HD? Last time I checked, all five hitman games were available on console, too. With the expection of Codename 47.

No they aren't available to consoles. IE on gamestop website they have them listed, but you can't actually buy them. If anyone finds otherwise please let me know.

Maybe they figured the PC audience would be happy enough since they already can buy the games, so why spend time on creating an HD pack for them?

semajmarc87
28th Dec 2012, 21:22

None of the Hitman games are available on current generation consoles except for Hitman: Blood Money for Xbox 360.

Platinumoxicity
2nd Jan 2013, 16:15
Why isn't this coming for the PC?!

Maybe because all five Hitman games are already available on PC?

WHAT?

You've got to be kidding. The idea that the collection wouldn't be released on the PC is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. I thought that re-releasing the PC versions was the primary reason for the HD collection being developed! Because the only platform that requires a re-release is the PC! What the hell is going on? Did Ubisoft suddenly kidnap Sqenix? This makes no sense whatsoever.

Codename 47 needs a re-release because of control compatibility- and audio processing issues, and previous PC-exclusivity. Silent Assassin needs a re-release because of the incompatibility of the graphics engine. Contracts needs a re-release because of copyright issues.

The fact that old games don't work on modern PCs should be the primary motive to re-release the series. Instead, a PC-release isn't even planned? Was there no intention to provide customers with quality goods? Was it all just a money-grabbing strategy? Please don't tell me that Microsoft pulled an "Alan Wake" -deciding to deny the release of a Windows version, despite there being a version for a Microsoft console?

Maybe they figured the PC audience would be happy enough since they already can buy the games, so why spend time on creating an HD pack for them?

The PC audience can buy them, sure, but not play them. That's exactly why PC should be the #1 priority when making this HD re-release. I bought the games on Steam. They don't work. I can't get my money back. I was willing to buy them again, if they were fixed to be compatible with modern machines. Now I need to find some other way for Square/Eidos/IO whatever, to repay me whether they like it or not.

Please Eidos, you're better than Ubisoft. Don't let yourself turn into it. Ubisoft did this exact same thing with Splinter Cell. Splinter Cell's 1 and 2 have huge compatibility issues with modern PCs, therefore that's the only platform that required a re-release. But only current-generation consoles got the re-release.

abfirstr8
3rd Jan 2013, 09:09
WHAT?

You've got to be kidding. The idea that the collection wouldn't be released on the PC is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. I thought that re-releasing the PC versions was the primary reason for the HD collection being developed! Because the only platform that requires a re-release is the PC! What the hell is going on? Did Ubisoft suddenly kidnap Sqenix? This makes no sense whatsoever.

Codename 47 needs a re-release because of control compatibility- and audio processing issues, and previous PC-exclusivity. Silent Assassin needs a re-release because of the incompatibility of the graphics engine. Contracts needs a re-release because of copyright issues.

The fact that old games don't work on modern PCs should be the primary motive to re-release the series. Instead, a PC-release isn't even planned? Was there no intention to provide customers with quality goods? Was it all just a money-grabbing strategy? Please don't tell me that Microsoft pulled an "Alan Wake" -deciding to deny the release of a Windows version, despite there being a version for a Microsoft console?

The PC audience can buy them, sure, but not play them. That's exactly why PC should be the #1 priority when making this HD re-release. I bought the games on Steam. They don't work. I can't get my money back. I was willing to buy them again, if they were fixed to be compatible with modern machines. Now I need to find some other way for Square/Eidos/IO whatever, to repay me whether they like it or not.

I'm not thinking of it as a re-release but rather as a release, since it wasn't very available to console players. So when you say that you bought them on Steam and they don't work do you mean that they crash?

Platinumoxicity
3rd Jan 2013, 09:27
I'm not thinking of it as a re-release but rather as a release, since it wasn't very available to console players. So when you say that you bought them on Steam and they don't work do you mean that they crash?

Codename 47 crashes because of obsolete Directsound incompatibilities. And it has ridiculously bad controls and control customization options, that would be easy to fix.

In Silent Assassin, if you play with Direct3D rendering, it slows down and keeps slowing down until it freezes, and if you play with OpenGL rendering, lighting doesn't work and all characters are #000000 black. Therefore, the graphics engine itself, that brings all the important visuals to the player's eyes, does not work. Ergo, the game does not work.

These are both PC-exclusive problems, that are not unreasonable to fix because they are simply caused by obsolete software that would be pretty easy to replace by the graphics programming team. Yet the PC version is the one that is by default being left out, even if it's the one platform that desperately requires a re-release.

The most ridiculous thing is that exactly the features that cause problems in Silent Assassin, absolutely must be updated and fixed, in order to port the game to the Xbox 360. A Microsoft game console. But those exact same updates can't be applied to the Microsoft Windows version of the game?

Not47
10th Jan 2013, 16:33
Maybe because they already made a pack for the PC?

http://www.amazon.com/Hitman-Trilogy-Includes-Assassins-Contracts-Pc/dp/B000QSVMSK/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1357835565&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=hitman+trilogypc

Stop complaining.

Razoric
22nd Jan 2013, 14:29
The old Hitman games on PC don't even have proper controller support. They should release this Hitman Trilogy on PC with 360 controller support and Steam achievements. There's literally no reason not to do this.

baroncalamity
28th Jan 2013, 05:58
I'd like to add my voice to those who would purchase the first 4 Hitman games a second time if they were updated and re-released on the pc. Contracts isn't available on any digital service for the pc. My current PC doesn't even have an optical drive. So at least I would like to be able to play Contracts. Hitman Absolution is the first game in the series to even have proper game controller support for the pc. The first 4 also don't support 16x9 resolutions either. Also, steam achievements would be nice also.

If it doesn't happen, I'm not upset. Its just a product I would like to buy. I might break down towards the end of this year and buy it on PSN if the pc version doesn't show.

BlackBank3
29th Jan 2013, 16:29
Why bring this HD Trilogy for PC?
I'm happy if they just make a 'HD' patch. Choose your Hitman game that you want to patch, and play it in the HD version.

Valenka
30th Jan 2013, 01:58
Is it not obvious?

The games included within the bundle are already all available on PC. "That doesn't make them HD." Oh well. :whistle: They were revamped with better graphics and ported to Xbox 360 and Playstation 3, two consoles that the games were not available on previously (ignoring Blood Money, which was already available on Xbox 360.)