PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes - May 29th Update - includes the Prophet!

Saikocat
29th May 2014, 13:38
New Class - Prophet!
- The newest Human class, the Prophet (http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/new-human-class-the-prophet-out-today), is now available!

Scout
Stormbow
- Undrawn shot damage reduced slightly to 80+110(explosion), was 85+115
- Stopping power on undrawn shots removed, drawn shots reduced significantly
- Stopping power on undrawn explosions unchanged, drawn explosions increased slightly

Reaver
Melee
- Melee travel distance increased by 3%

Tyrant
Melee
- Melee travel distance increased by 7-10%
- Melee attack speed increased by 2.5%
Charge
- Duration increased to 4 sec from 3.75

Sentinel
Puncture
- Cooldown increased to 15 seconds, was 10
Air Strike
- Fuse length increased to 1.25 seconds after landing, was 1
- Added audio cues on impact to better alert nearby humans of danger
- Bola now correctly knocks Sentinels out of sky during Air Strike

Saruwatari
29th May 2014, 14:05
Glad to see some Buffs to the Tyrants attacks.
he may be my favorite of the bunch, but his attacks always felt a little sluggish compared to the others :)
Also slight nerfs to Air Strike, hope it's a little easier to dodge now.

And of course the Prophet <3
Hopefully we'll get to play soon hh

MasterZtark
29th May 2014, 14:06
Thanks Cat! Can't wait to try everything out! ^_^

Khalith
29th May 2014, 14:06
Prophet- Can't wait to start playing it!

Reaver- Don't think it needed the buff, Reavers can already do a melee swing in to a dodge roll for increased speed that let's them outrun humans, this just makes that technique even stronger in my opinion.

Tyrant- The melee buff was absolutely needed, great change. I don't use charge, so not sure on that.

Sentinel- Little surprised at the puncture change, I'd rather see it's hitbox fixed, I've been out of range of the move and still hit by it. The air strike change was definitely needed, thanks.

Saruwatari
29th May 2014, 14:11
Question regarding the Prophet after reading the blog entry.
Do i understand this correctly?
She won't have any secondary skills to unlock at the moment?

I specifically held back 5000 gold for her release xD
But oh well, gotta wait for those then.

Prime_Abstergo
29th May 2014, 14:18
OMG! OMG so freaking badass!!!

http://www.nosgoth.com/system/rich/rich_files/rich_files/000/000/189/blog_large/highres-screenshot-00016.jpg?1401356713

All changes are in place!
Thanks for tyrant buff!

Have a question about Plague stab - is it included?

Also can somebody explain to me what is 'stopping power', how is it measured, what does it do (stop doing what? movement or abilities)?

Khalith
29th May 2014, 14:20
Question regarding the Prophet after reading the blog entry.
Do i understand this correctly?
She won't have any secondary skills to unlock at the moment?

I specifically held back 5000 gold for her release xD
But oh well, gotta wait for those then.

I think that is just the idea of her base loadout, I'm sure there will be a few alternate abilities available like the ones they showed at pax. I expect it to be like the deceiver with at at least 2-3 alternate abilities to select.

Saikocat
29th May 2014, 14:31
She won't have all her abilities right away in this first patch, but there are more to follow very soon.

Sanguise23
29th May 2014, 14:32
are we gunna get more unlock tokens, i have used my 3 (never got one for lv 20+)

MasterZtark
29th May 2014, 14:47
I'm curious if the Tyrant ability Marathon will need a slight buff also now to make it worth using, I'm sure the devs thought of that though. Seeing as it wasn't changed also I guess they felt it didn't, or they are waiting for us to test the new Charge first.

lucinvampire
29th May 2014, 14:52
Quick thoughts…without playing…

PROPHET - :eek: think I’ve just died and gone to heaven :D so dying to play lady!

TRYANT - :D yay Tyrant buff! :thumb: makes me happy!

SENTINEL – going to have to try and see for myself (think I’ve played him more this week than out of my whole time in alpha/beta).

But all I can say is PROPHET PROPHET PROPHET PROPHET PROPHET PROPHET PROPHET PROPHET PROPHET PROPHET PROPHET PROPHET EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK YIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPPYYYYYYY :D :D :D :D :D :D

Soooooooooo EXCITED right now!!!!!!!!

Saikocat
29th May 2014, 14:57
Doh, sorry guys! Fixed that post and removed that link.
We'll be posting more details on her upcoming abilities, they're not all in this patch but they will be added soon.

The alternative skins are also coming up in another patch so we'll share some more images and concept art of those as well.

(I responded in the other thread, regarding your token)

Khalith
29th May 2014, 15:09
We'll be posting more details on her upcoming abilities, they're not all in this patch but they will be added soon.

The alternative skins are also coming up in another patch so we'll share some more images and concept art of those as well.

I'm very surprised, with no abilities I expected the skins would be released for us to buy if we wanted them. Guess I was wrong!

Seariously
29th May 2014, 15:28
I am happy to see a new class for Nosgoth.

But we are still missing server browsers and matchmaking fix. Last night I joined a 5v3 game and it was chaos. It was an un-winnable game.

When creating a party of 4, we always get errors and messages like no servers available or can't find games for 30mins+

Good job, but let's get some of the more important things fixed.

Saruwatari
29th May 2014, 15:33
I'm very surprised, with no abilities I expected the skins would be released for us to buy if we wanted them. Guess I was wrong!

Servers are back up again and there 2 alternate skills in the store :)

Saecred-XIV
29th May 2014, 15:34

But we are still missing server browsers and matchmaking fix. Last night I joined a 5v3 game and it was chaos. It was an un-winnable game.

When creating a party of 4, we always get errors and messages like no servers available or can't find games for 30mins+

The Matchmaking issues are up high on the priority list and has not been something that is getting ignored, however when fixes have been made in our internal versions QA have managed to break it again in one way or another - it's been a repeating cycle in the back end. While no "progress" is made in the versions that were released to you all, we have been moving forward with it on our end.

I can assure you that it is a very concerning issue that everyone is well aware of - particularly since it takes away greatly from the experience when the issue is encountered and we're looking into pushing a fix forward as soon as it's been entirely resolved.

-SXIV

Saikocat
29th May 2014, 15:41

They're on the way, don't worry :)

The blog has been updated with the two alternate abilities now as well: Draining Curse and Sacrifice.

Jmthebigman
29th May 2014, 16:17
I wonder which weapon of the 3 is overall the best.
Hopefully I can get speed bonus on heavy. I think it would suit my playstyle.

Saturnity
29th May 2014, 18:52
Prophet is exactly the class I've been waiting for. Trades long and close range stopping power for balls-to-the-wall twitch aim.

MasterFurbz
29th May 2014, 19:02

I understand your frustration, however; what you need to understand is that there are different departments working on the game. The people who make classes and maps are not the same as the networking staff that focuses on matchmaking and servers. Everyone's hard at work to make the game fantastic!

cmstache
29th May 2014, 19:19
Alch is exactly the class I've been waiting for. Trades long and close range stopping power for balls-to-the-wall twitch aim.

Prophet, not alch....

Varulven
29th May 2014, 19:47
I made a video with her^^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccmT4B5bjIU

Jmthebigman
29th May 2014, 19:51
I wonder whats the best perk for him/her. any suggestions?

Varulven
29th May 2014, 20:13
Her!
It's a lady ;)

Jmthebigman
29th May 2014, 20:32
first bug with it already.
lvl 5 bag - couldnt parse contents <when i opened it...

Saruwatari
29th May 2014, 20:39

Personally i like using Cooldown reduction ;)

Jmthebigman
29th May 2014, 22:25
Thanks to Corey, he fixed the lvl up bag issue.

Now I hope in the future I get speed attribute and cooldown attribute on the pistols (dual or heavy)

ICantPauseItMom
30th May 2014, 03:05
Finally Tyrant's attacks are much better to hit!
Thanks!

Prime_Abstergo
30th May 2014, 06:46
I use Quick wits, Tinkerer and Steadiness.

When does next update go live? I want to change default skin - don't like it :(

Also w8ing for Plague stab - will it be included in it? thx

ThomasterXXL
30th May 2014, 07:38
Finally Tyrant's attacks are much better to hit!
Thanks!

I just love how enemies can't simply outrun my attacks anymore.
Playing Tyrant without this buff was a huge pain and not fun at all, but sadly I have reached lvl 25 and the evolved skin in the past few games and will be playing Reaver from now on.

Jmthebigman
30th May 2014, 09:55
I just love how enemies can't simply outrun my attacks anymore.
Playing Tyrant without this buff was a huge pain and not fun at all, but sadly I have reached lvl 25 and the evolved skin in the past few games and will be playing Reaver from now on.
I bet i can still out run it on my alchemist :P

lucinvampire
30th May 2014, 10:16
Her!
It's a lady ;)

We had a team of 2x Prophets and 2x Alchs last night and it was like GIRL POWER :D :lol: FTW :D ...but vsing a team of 4 Prophets is pretty awkward – but Sent power yay :D

The blog has been updated with the two alternate abilities now as well: Draining Curse and Sacrifice.

Wish I would of noticed this last night - I thought the times in the store were the ones that came with her *sad face* - but cool extra/alternate abilities…what a shame I’ll have to play her some more :D because they sound awesome!!!!!!

Tyrant is very nice now btw :D and Sent is still good too :D the changes are sweet :)

Wolf_the_Legend
30th May 2014, 10:25
could you pls add all Hunter nerfs / buffs added with this patch. :worship:

thx

Sanguise23
30th May 2014, 14:44
could you pls add all Hunter nerfs / buffs added with this patch. :worship:

thx
i didnt think there was any hunter nerfs/buffs

Prime_Abstergo
30th May 2014, 14:49
i didnt think there was any hunter nerfs/buffs
ha-ha I guess that was a sarcasm xDD

I'd like to see changes that were being done to fall damage...

Saranjivac
30th May 2014, 21:52
ha-ha I guess that was a sarcasm xDD

I'd like to see changes that were being done to fall damage...
Its not sarcasm, besides increasing fall damage they reduced the clip of the heavy crossbow by 1, it was 15 now its 14. (haven't seen any other changes, but would be nice to list all of them in the patch notes...)

RazielWarmonic
31st May 2014, 00:27
I really want to know who I have to murder over the sentinel changes.
I'm just kidding, but I would really like to know the thought process behind that one if someone could enlighten me.

Psyonix_Corey
31st May 2014, 03:02
I really want to know who I have to murder over the sentinel changes.
I'm just kidding, but I would really like to know the thought process behind that one if someone could enlighten me.

The general consensus from players we talked to and internally was that Puncture was a bit too effective at such a low CD, 15 sec brings it in line with other skills on Q.

Air Strike didn't have any warning like other grenade skills - we extended the fuse *slightly* and added an audio tell, do you feel it's too easy to escape now?

RazielWarmonic
31st May 2014, 05:19
The general consensus from players we talked to and internally was that Puncture was a bit too effective at such a low CD, 15 sec brings it in line with other skills on Q.

Air Strike didn't have any warning like other grenade skills - we extended the fuse *slightly* and added an audio tell, do you feel it's too easy to escape now?

The Puncture CD doesn't bother me too much, a push / engagement shouldn't be longer then 10-15 seconds anyhow. I haven't noticed much of a difference there.

Air Strike - I completely agree with the audio cue. That is something I can agree with, before it came in rather silently and thus was hard to escape, simply because you didn't hear it. As for the fuse, I'm... Well, I'm not enjoying that that's for sure. As a sentinel it feels like you're going to put yourself in harm's way 75% of the time to throw that grenade, and since you have to stop people have time to aim and punish you for it. Sentinel is OK against unorganized teams, but I feel like if the other side has a shred of competence they will know where the sentinel is to punish them for being so vulnerable in the air - that's where air strike came in, a way for us to at least be able to get in some sort of damage while keeping our air distance. Besides that all our abilities are close range (and should be) while we are completely visible. The sky is an open, vulnerable place! Perhaps I'm just not used to the delay yet, but I believe in time people will soon be able to dodge the air strike almost 100% based on audio queue alone. I known I have grown an instinct for just automatically rolling away when I hear that noise (It's the same as the poison haze one, right?).

I'm not going to say I'm good at balancing or numbers at all, I never have been, but that's how I feel about it.

Blastin_Foolz
31st May 2014, 07:55

Considering the Sentinel is trading away Dive Bomb, one of the strongest abilities in the game in exchange for a supportive harassment AoE, I would have left the fuse timer alone and just added the audio cue. The problem wasn't the fuse, but simply not knowing there was an Air Strike projectile there in the first place.

As for the fuse, I'm... Well, I'm not enjoying that that's for sure. As a sentinel it feels like you're going to put yourself in harm's way 75% of the time to throw that grenade, and since you have to stop people have time to aim and punish you for it.

You have to learn to shoot it properly from safety. It's artillery and shouldn't be used in their face, it's just a harassment ability and should be used as such. Vampires are not good at trading in prolonged fights and will suffer from attrition a lot more than Humans ever will.

Sentinel is OK against unorganized teams, but I feel like if the other side has a shred of competence they will know where the sentinel is to punish them for being so vulnerable in the air - that's where air strike came in, a way for us to at least be able to get in some sort of damage while keeping our air distance. Besides that all our abilities are close range (and should be) while we are completely visible. The sky is an open, vulnerable place! Perhaps I'm just not used to the delay yet, but I believe in time people will soon be able to dodge the air strike almost 100% based on audio queue alone.

Sentinels are amazing at avoiding damage by moving at ridiculous speeds. When you go to attack, fly up high and then swoop down, preferably while your team is engaging, grab one of them and carry them off by themselves. Dropping them for 500 damage should make it an easy kill, assuming it's not me as Alchemist, haha. However, even I can't win against a good drop and a Dive Bomb. That combo is ridiculous and is even more entertaining to watch, even if it's being used against me.

Dive Bomb is the strongest ability in the game. It has so many advantages and it goes incredibly well with all of the Sentinel's other abilities. It really allows them to be able to just dominate 1vs1 fights if they can land their Kidnap or Abduct. Otherwise, it can serve as an amazing initiator for your team and shouldn't be underestimated.

Jmthebigman
31st May 2014, 08:27
Nerf the damn reavers. They are to fast now. not to mention haze spam still isnt adressed.
25% sprint speed on a human and a reaver can catch up way to easy now. They didnt need the last patch's buff at all.

Blastin_Foolz
31st May 2014, 08:54
Nerf the damn reavers. They are to fast now. not to mention haze spam still isnt adressed.
25% sprint speed on a human and a reaver can catch up way to easy now. They didnt need the last patch's buff at all.

First of all, you said the same thing here (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=13676&p=103615#post103615).

Second of all, Vampires could always catch a Human with or without sprint increase by roll, M1, roll, M1, etc. to catch them.

"Haze Spam" isn't even a thing. Just because you got rolled in a 3vs4 doesn't mean it's broken. You're the first person I've seen to formally complain about it.

Jmthebigman
31st May 2014, 09:31
First of all, you said the same thing here (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=13676&p=103615#post103615).

Second of all, Vampires could always catch a Human with or without sprint increase by roll, M1, roll, M1, etc. to catch them.

"Haze Spam" isn't even a thing. Just because you got rolled in a 3vs4 doesn't mean it's broken. You're the first person I've seen to formally complain about it.
same goes for many other things and nah prior i could escape reavers with 25% sprint speed.
and eveyrone complains bout Haze when many Reavers use it. and duhh ofc 1x give feed back in the patch notes and 1x make a suggestion.

Blastin_Foolz
31st May 2014, 09:46
same goes for many other things and nah prior i could escape reavers with 25% sprint speed.
and eveyrone complains bout Haze when many Reavers use it. and duhh ofc 1x give feed back in the patch notes and 1x make a suggestion.

Yeah, you could outrun them, if they were terrible Vampires. A good Vampire will not be outran by a Human, even with the Fleet Footed perk.

You didn't leave constructive feedback, you told them to reroll entirely with no alternatives or what you think is fair. Leave the balancing to the skilled players as they have a much firmer grasp on the mechanics of the game and know what is broken or not and your 'evidence' to support from what I can tell is two games where you raged quit before they were even half over after resorting to Ad hominem.

Jmthebigman
31st May 2014, 10:00
Yeah, you could outrun them, if they were terrible Vampires. A good Vampire will not be outran by a Human, even with the Fleet Footed perk.

You didn't leave constructive feedback, you told them to reroll entirely with no alternatives or what you think is fair. Leave the balancing to the skilled players as they have a much firmer grasp on the mechanics of the game and know what is broken or not and your 'evidence' to support from what I can tell is two games where you raged quit before they were even half over after resorting to Ad hominem.

more than 2 games, and more skilled players than you agree on it.
with the speed perk alone you couldnt outrun a Reaver. selective reading is something you also want to do to keep your precious class OP.

second game We left because we were forming a party and some low lvl threw it off because of balancing issue.
Then when searching for a new room got thrown back into a 3 v 1 room where you wanted to use haze spam again while hiding, yeah ofc ima stay vs someone who refuses fair play and seemingly selfish.

SiD_Green
31st May 2014, 10:05
Agreed that the longer fuse on Air Strike was unnecessary

Jmthebigman
31st May 2014, 10:14
Longer fuse for air strike isnt a problem, encourages better throws than lucky strikes guessing ow they are near X now lets dump it.

Blastin_Foolz
31st May 2014, 10:39
more than 2 games, and more skilled players than you agree on it.
with the speed perk alone you couldnt outrun a Reaver. selective reading is something you also want to do to keep your precious class OP.

Which players exactly? You're friends?

My 'precious class' is all the classes. I play the class that offers the most value against the enemy team composition. I mostly want the skin for the Reaver so I can move onto the Tyrant for the majority of my gameplay.

second game We left because we were forming a party and some low lvl threw it off because of balancing issue.
Then when searching for a new room got thrown back into a 3 v 1 room where you wanted to use haze spam again while hiding, yeah ofc ima stay vs someone who refuses fair play and seemingly selfish.

Was that before or after you raged?

Longer fuse for air strike isnt a problem, encourages better throws than lucky strikes guessing ow they are near X now lets dump it.

That's ludicrous.

Jmthebigman
31st May 2014, 14:30
Which players exactly? You're friends?

My 'precious class' is all the classes. I play the class that offers the most value against the enemy team composition. I mostly want the skin for the Reaver so I can move onto the Tyrant for the majority of my gameplay.

Was that before or after you raged?

That's ludicrous.

You really got some reading issues...

RazielWarmonic
31st May 2014, 17:38
You have to learn to shoot it properly from safety. It's artillery and shouldn't be used in their face, it's just a harassment ability and should be used as such. Vampires are not good at trading in prolonged fights and will suffer from attrition a lot more than Humans ever will.
... I know how to, for the most part, but then you're generally shooting blindly and that is the trade off. It is harassment and a good initiator, I know this. I feel like you're acting like I don't have any time on sentinel when in fact he is my main man.

Sentinels are amazing at avoiding damage by moving at ridiculous speeds. When you go to attack, fly up high and then swoop down, preferably while your team is engaging, grab one of them and carry them off by themselves. Dropping them for 500 damage should make it an easy kill, assuming it's not me as Alchemist, haha. However, even I can't win against a good drop and a Dive Bomb. That combo is ridiculous and is even more entertaining to watch, even if it's being used against me.
They have OK movement which is nothing against someone who can half aim. Their speeds are good if they are diving (which it should be).

Dive Bomb is the strongest ability in the game. It has so many advantages and it goes incredibly well with all of the Sentinel's other abilities. It really allows them to be able to just dominate 1vs1 fights if they can land their Kidnap or Abduct. Otherwise, it can serve as an amazing initiator for your team and shouldn't be underestimated.
You can get bola'd out of it. I disagree with Dive Bomb personally. Sentinels should be the last one to initiate with Dive Bomb. Again, the whole focus thing, a sentinel can be dropped before they are done casting it. That requires extreme coordination and I don't ever really expect that to happen though. But regardless, dive bomb into 2+ people welcome to focusville, population: you. For picking off, why not I guess. But in team situations I feel air strike is superior because you can hit a group of people for an amount of damage and possibly scatter then to be able to pick them off with kidnap/abduct.

I know I'm fighting an uphill battle, I honestly see a lot of people who want to nerf Sentinel, but I feel like he isn't in a good place to get nerfed at all. I don't want him to be OP, I want him to be high skill cap with high reward.

cmstache
31st May 2014, 18:25
The reason people want a nerf is because of damage increases that accidentally made it into a patch. It's so drastic I can't imagine that the dev team did it intentionally. Once that gets fixed (and vampire hit detection works properly again) it should make everyone a bit more happy.

Blastin_Foolz
31st May 2014, 19:42
... I know how to, for the most part, but then you're generally shooting blindly and that is the trade off. It is harassment and a good initiator, I know this. I feel like you're acting like I don't have any time on sentinel when in fact he is my main man.

That's the point, it works against camping and that's the niche it fills. I'm not assuming you're new to Sentinel, but I've played him as well and seen my team use Sentinel to disgusting advantage, including Air Strike. From what we've gathered, Air Strike is unbelievably less useful than Dive Bomb.

You can get bola'd out of it. I disagree with Dive Bomb personally. Sentinels should be the last one to initiate with Dive Bomb. Again, the whole focus thing, a sentinel can be dropped before they are done casting it. That requires extreme coordination and I don't ever really expect that to happen though. But regardless, dive bomb into 2+ people welcome to focusville, population: you. For picking off, why not I guess. But in team situations I feel air strike is superior because you can hit a group of people for an amount of damage and possibly scatter then to be able to pick them off with kidnap/abduct.

Bola a Dive Bomb? Haha, the chance of that happening is virtually nill unless you sit there like an imbecile in the air for 5 minutes lining up the perfect Dive Bomb that will cause even the Elder God to feel the pain.

Sounds to me like you have a history of flying at the enemy head on by yourself and then getting gunned down for it. You can attack from multiple directions and if your team is doing anything, you won't be the one to get focused and can initiate with relative ease.

I know I'm fighting an uphill battle, I honestly see a lot of people who want to nerf Sentinel, but I feel like he isn't in a good place to get nerfed at all. I don't want him to be OP, I want him to be high skill cap with high reward.

I personally think the Sentinel is a bit too strong in his current state and could use minor adjustment.

RazielWarmonic
31st May 2014, 21:44
That's the point, it works against camping and that's the niche it fills. I'm not assuming you're new to Sentinel, but I've played him as well and seen my team use Sentinel to disgusting advantage, including Air Strike. From what we've gathered, Air Strike is unbelievably less useful than Dive Bomb.
Er, okay. I guess preference is here, but I still prefer Air Strike and think it doesn't deserve the nerf it got.

Bola a Dive Bomb? Haha, the chance of that happening is virtually nill unless you sit there like an imbecile in the air for 5 minutes lining up the perfect Dive Bomb that will cause even the Elder God to feel the pain.

Sounds to me like you have a history of flying at the enemy head on by yourself and then getting gunned down for it. You can attack from multiple directions and if your team is doing anything, you won't be the one to get focused and can initiate with relative ease.
I've done it, I've seen it done, I've had it done to me. It's not off the table.

I don't have a history of flying straight into an enemy, stop making assumptions.

I personally think the Sentinel is a bit too strong in his current state and could use minor adjustment.
If you miss anything, you're out of the game until that CD is back up more then likely. He is high risk and high reward, and doesn't need nerfs. Minor adjustments, yes, but certainly not nerfs.

I'm done debating this with you, however, you're making so many different untrue assumptions. I am speaking from going against high skilled players.

Blastin_Foolz
31st May 2014, 22:33
I don't have a history of flying straight into an enemy, stop making assumptions.

I'm only guessing, nothing is wrong with that and frankly, you can't order me to not assume possibilities.

If you don't like it, there's the door.

If you miss anything, you're out of the game until that CD is back up more then likely. He is high risk and high reward, and doesn't need nerfs. Minor adjustments, yes, but certainly not nerfs.

Exactly, Dive Bomb is high risk and high reward, why are you even arguing here? Your melee range Kidnap ability is being used against a team of pure ranged units.

I'm done debating this with you, however, you're making so many different untrue assumptions. I am speaking from going against high skilled players.

stop making assumptions.

You're assuming I don't fight against high skill players or that I'm not highly skilled myself.

Look, if you want to be a hypocritical mess and back out of the thread entirely, then by all means go for it. But, don't cry when someone debates something with you and after a couple replies you throw in the towel while whimpering how untrue and wrong they are.

VampiricDemise
31st May 2014, 23:54
-snipped for shortness

Glad to hear you guys are still trying to find an unbreakable fix for the matchmaking system and saying something about it. =) Makes me warm and fuzzy to know this.

PencileyePirate
1st Jun 2014, 01:15
Scout
Stormbow
- Undrawn shot damage reduced slightly to 80+110(explosion), was 85+115
- Stopping power on undrawn shots removed, drawn shots reduced significantly
- Stopping power on undrawn explosions unchanged, drawn explosions increased slightly

Reaver
- Melee travel distance increased by 3%

Tyrant
Melee
- Melee travel distance increased by 7-10%
- Melee attack speed increased by 2.5%
Charge
- Duration increased to 4 sec from 3.75

Sentinel
Puncture
- Cooldown increased to 15 seconds, was 10
Air Strike
- Fuse length increased to 1.25 seconds after landing, was 1
- Added audio cues on impact to better alert nearby humans of danger
- Bola now correctly knocks Sentinels out of sky during Air Strike

I actually like all of these balance changes ... but when is Sentinel echolocation going to get some love?

cmstache
1st Jun 2014, 02:16
The issue with echolocation is finding a good way to tweak it. They know it needs some work.

Prime_Abstergo
2nd Jun 2014, 14:43
C'mon Psyonix, Prophet showed up a week ago. How long should we wait for that mysterious "very soon"-hour? :worship:
We all thirst for new skins .. and nerfs :whistle:

Saturnity
4th Jun 2014, 03:51
Sentinels are amazing at avoiding damage by moving at ridiculous speeds.

It doesn't matter how fast or crazy you're trying to move in the air. All of sentinel's maneuvers have predictable paths, and you're going to get tracked regardless of how fast you're moving. A lot of sentinels this junk on me or other good players, and it doesn't save them from getting punished for parading around in open air. This isn't even "Hey, look at me, I'm going to fly as high as possible and hope they don't look up". I'm talking about trying an air-juke after dropping someone or coming in for a pickup. He either spends more time in the open by taking curvy paths or flies in a straight line.

Sents need to fly conservatively. If anything, too conservatively for what they're designed to do in an e-sports environment.

Blastin_Foolz
4th Jun 2014, 04:14
Sents need to fly conservatively. If anything, too conservatively for what they're designed to do in an e-sports environment.

You make it sound like he's the only one on the team.

For tournament play, I agree, he's pretty risky. But, good Sentinels are such a pain in my ass. Even though I can track them well, they irritate me and I'd rather fight an excellent Reaver than a Sentinel.

For pub games, Sents can utterly roflstomp lobbies.

Saturnity
4th Jun 2014, 05:00
It's because avoiding damage during setup time is so incredibly important. Sent can only really get in the air once the other three vamps start showing themselves.

Sent's effectiveness isn't even in the top 3 right now. That belongs to Prophet, Reaver, and Hunter with Scout and Tyrant really close behind. Kidnap is really easy to dodge without even looking at where the sent is coming from. Most people I know will agree that the screech is all you need to roll out of the way. You can focus on killing the other vamps and the sent only ends up becoming a threat when he tries to use his backup abilities.

The best thing a sent can do right now is actually use early windup on grabs. Most good sents try to get the pickup as soon as it's active, but that just makes it even easier to dodge.

Prime_Abstergo
4th Jun 2014, 06:32
I agree screech is making too obvious kidnap that follows after even for a decent player. Even simple wing-flapping rising up my awareness and thus lowers his chances to kidnap me.

Maybe... disable screech? What you think?

cmstache
4th Jun 2014, 15:48
I just think the activation timer needs to be reduced a bit. The Beta players have gotten better as a whole, and it's starting to tell. Their reactions are a bit faster, which makes it WAY more difficult. It was hard enough the Alpha version vs decent vets.

Sanguise23
4th Jun 2014, 15:59
I just think the activation timer needs to be reduced a bit. The Beta players have gotten better as a whole, and it's starting to tell. Their reactions are a bit faster, which makes it WAY more difficult. It was hard enough the Alpha version vs decent vets.
i agree with this a small reduction in activation would clean up most of my misses (bad timing on my part), however im not gunna cry if it stays as is