PDA

View Full Version : New features?

hthomos
18th Dec 2012, 17:33
I know its just a hd remake. But is there any chance io will tweak the ai for silent assassin and blood money?? That would be amazing considering the ai were shortcomings of those games.

Die Hard
19th Dec 2012, 02:29
I doubt they will touch anything. As much as I love these games, a lot more than Absolution, it sadly looks like a quick cash in riding off the back of Absolution's success. While I will still be buying it for the nostalgia, I would only expect an up-scale in resolution over the originals. If there is any new features, retailers did a bad job at mentioning them.

Travis_IO
20th Dec 2012, 14:41
I do believe that there have been some minor tweaks. Very small level stuff though. I'll look at getting a list of these if enough people are interested. It'll be in the new year though.

JJoa74
20th Dec 2012, 15:00
I do believe that there have been some minor tweaks. Very small level stuff though. I'll look at getting a list of these if enough people are interested. It'll be in the new year though.

Yes please.

GTRrocker
20th Dec 2012, 19:20
I basically just want it for the improved visuals and trophies. Anything more than that is just a huge bonus for me. I love contracts and blood money, but I had them on ps2 and the graphics havent aged well. So a good polish to the visuals and Im a happy guy. Already have mine preordered. The cover looks sweet. Reminds me of an old 007 film poster

hthomos
20th Dec 2012, 20:40
I really wish they would just tweak the AI. They were horrendous in Hitman 2. Pretty bad in Hitman Blood Money as well. But I think more importantly they need to make 47 Walk faster in Hitman 2 and Contracts, he was way too slow in those games.

wilo
21st Dec 2012, 00:37
I really wish they would just tweak the AI. They were horrendous in Hitman 2. Pretty bad in Hitman Blood Money as well. But I think more importantly they need to make 47 Walk faster in Hitman 2 and Contracts, he was way too slow in those games.

I am hoping that all these improvments are made too , yea better AI and a quicker hitman would be perfect .

redlevi jean
21st Dec 2012, 04:36
Will we be able to choose our own equipment, like we could in blood money? Was disappointed absolution didn't have that feature.

Sevket
21st Dec 2012, 07:17
I would be happy if they fine tune some annoyances but I cannot see it happening

Platinumoxicity
21st Dec 2012, 13:53
I'm disappointed. Because of the fact that just a month before Absolution came out, I bought the Hitman Collection which has 3 games. Codename 47 has DirectSound issues that make it impossible to play certain missions when your computer sound device is active, therefore the only way to finish the mission is to disable sound entirely. Silent Assassin worked perfectly once, and after that hasn't worked and apparently never will.

So I already bought the games that the HD collection has, except for Contracts which in its present form is about as legal as heroine to buy and sell. And 2/3rds of the package I bought is not working. So when the HD collection comes, I need to repurchase the pack just to get a functional version of a game that I already own, a legal version of a game that should not be illegal in the first place, an extra copy of a game that works just fine, and no fixed fuctional version of the other game in the series that doesn't work properly.

Just like with the Hitman Collection, I'll end up having paid for 3 games, recieving one.

Za Fuuru
21st Dec 2012, 17:40
Yes I'm interested, thanks!

AlexanderN
21st Dec 2012, 18:56
Will it come to the pc ?

GTRrocker
22nd Dec 2012, 13:06
I'm disappointed. Because of the fact that just a month before Absolution came out, I bought the Hitman Collection which has 3 games. Codename 47 has DirectSound issues that make it impossible to play certain missions when your computer sound device is active, therefore the only way to finish the mission is to disable sound entirely. Silent Assassin worked perfectly once, and after that hasn't worked and apparently never will.

So I already bought the games that the HD collection has, except for Contracts which in its present form is about as legal as heroine to buy and sell. And 2/3rds of the package I bought is not working. So when the HD collection comes, I need to repurchase the pack just to get a functional version of a game that I already own, a legal version of a game that should not be illegal in the first place, an extra copy of a game that works just fine, and no fixed fuctional version of the other game in the series that doesn't work properly.

Just like with the Hitman Collection, I'll end up having paid for 3 games, recieving one.

I am rebuying the games as well. I had them on ps2 and look forward to rebuying the games for the improvements. What is your point exactly? It has been known for quite awhile than an HD Collection was in the works.

seargentmayor
24th Dec 2012, 04:14
They said at 5:20 they're improving Blood Money, is that still the case?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=BcchAQjOq-E#t=314s

47's face in BM is kinda funny looking, and also the one-two punch seems so bland compared to Absolutions nice takedowns.

hthomos
24th Dec 2012, 17:52
the one-two punch seems so bland compared to Absolutions nice takedowns.

HAHA yeah as crucial as the headbutt followed by two punches were, it looked pretty dumb.

Jace_Auditore
24th Dec 2012, 20:13
I hope they fixed the disguises in Silent Assassin.Those were worse than the ones from Absolution Pre-patched.

bonekmania
26th Dec 2012, 03:29
Please dev make some hitman absolution rocking style to this classic HD trilogy series.

Platinumoxicity
27th Dec 2012, 10:22
A shame that Codename 47, arguably the worst in the series, is not included, and therefore won't get its many flaws fixed. The control system in that game is atrocious. Press shift to run forward? Press the use key to activate objects, get diguises, drag bodies, pick up objects, equip objects and equip weapons, using a contextual action menu that can only be scrolled with the mouse wheel? Also, you can't move while sniping, and when zooming with a sniper scope your view distance increases, therefore you can only see the general direction of your target when zooming, and you can't adjust your firing position while zooming, so you'll just need to disengage zoom and guess where you should stand in order to get a good firing position.

I hope they fixed the disguises in Silent Assassin.Those were worse than the ones from Absolution Pre-patched.

The only thing bad about the disguises in Silent Assassin was the completely random "close call" and random guards that were suspicious about your from miles away. It's not fun when a random guard can suddenly home in on you and flip a coin about whether or not he raises an alarm.

And other bad things were unrelated to the disguises themselves. For example the combination of the 5 minute knockouts, extremely slow casual walking speed, and inability to remain undetected when running in a disguise. Which basically meant that you needed to sneak through the entire level until you found a spare disguise just lying around. That actually is worse than in Absolution, because being seen even a little is instant game over, unlike in Absolution where there is a short timer.

Jace_Auditore
27th Dec 2012, 16:20
The only thing bad about the disguises in Silent Assassin was the completely random "close call" and random guards that were suspicious about your from miles away.

Like in "Hidden Valley/At the Gates",were if a guard saw you even miles away,he would automatically run up to you and get alerted,even tough the guard disguise has a mask and googles.But in the next level,"Shogun Showdown",you can get pretty close to the guards without them saying anything.
The main problem disguises have in SA is that the suspicion is completly random.

Diana@ICA
1st Jan 2013, 01:00
It'll be in the new year though.It's New Year's now !! :D

Platinumoxicity
2nd Jan 2013, 16:25
I have a suggestion for a new feature... let's see... *clears throat*

Release the pack on PC! Seriously! That's literally the only platform that requires a re-release in the first place! The PC version of Silent Assassin does not work on PC! How much more obvious can this be?

And the only problem is the D3D renderer. If IO can make Silent Assassin work on Microsoft's DX9-based X360 infrastructure, then they can make the PC version of the same game work perfectly fine on a Windows PC too! And with almost no extra effort!

Cam977
2nd Jan 2013, 23:34

It is the new year now. Please update us.

SALMON
4th Jan 2013, 08:34
It is the new year now. Please update us.

yeah!!

and I have a question, is there an official trophy list for the three games?

Playvoodoo
7th Jan 2013, 16:23
Yes, there are. It's on ign on hitman trophy set.

sandkiller
11th Jan 2013, 15:34

Yes, please!

rotax600
16th Jan 2013, 14:06

Well I would like to know what is in the game before I buy it...

QUANAH
17th Jan 2013, 14:39
So 9 more days left still. Damn.

Playvoodoo
19th Jan 2013, 01:42
http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/first-hitman-hd-trilogy-screenshots-released/

new screenshot and trailer will be on Monday.

Homebound
19th Jan 2013, 08:58

I'm interested keep us posted.

DeAdMiKe187
19th Jan 2013, 16:30
http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/first-hitman-hd-trilogy-screenshots-released/

new screenshot and trailer will be on Monday.These screenshots look excellent! Wow, much better than I expected. Really looking forward to this trailer!

Cam977
20th Jan 2013, 10:57
BM looks worse than my PC, no buy. Why haven't we been updated?!?

DeAdMiKe187
21st Jan 2013, 19:56
trailer will be on Monday.Where is ittttttttttttttttttttttttttt?

rotax600
21st Jan 2013, 22:32
the trailer is going to be released next monday the 28th

DeAdMiKe187
22nd Jan 2013, 02:03
the trailer is going to be released next monday the 28thThe DAY before the game comes out!? Who came up with this marketing strategy???????????????

rotax600
22nd Jan 2013, 18:41
The DAY before the game comes out!? Who came up with this marketing strategy???????????????

Its the hurry up and just get it done strategy coined and perfected by IOI.

We were told that there would be a list of minor tweaks and it is rumored that the game may be enhanced with corrupted save feature but neither have been confirmed yet.

Playvoodoo
28th Jan 2013, 14:46
Im very sorry for misinformation,last week I thought it was monday this week, today is monday, trailer should be up.