PDA

View Full Version : My opinion on The Missing Link (very positive)

phillon
15th Dec 2012, 19:40
I really liked it, just finished it for the first time. Must say, the writing in this is good (good job writers). I loved that Janus is featured (James Swallow FTW) and also Savage and Tiffany. I was quite moved (and disturbed) by what you discover during the content, that shows it was well crafted (I actually decided to kill Burke, even though I spared all others). The choice/sacrifice you have to make close to the end (don't want to spoil it) is also brilliantly done (I am guessing there might be a way to prevent any sacrifice, but I could not find any within the time limit and did not want to spoil the role play experience by searching online for it, assuming any exists). All in all, this was a brilliant DLC content pack, I am very impressed, thank you developers.

PS: when are we getting some news on the next DX! Some little breadcrumbs maybe?

-phillon

Unstoppable
16th Dec 2012, 14:36
Well they need to finish Thief 4 and it needs to be commercially successful. http://www.vg247.com/2012/05/16/rumor-eidos-hiring-for-next-gen-deus-ex-title/

JCpies
16th Dec 2012, 15:56
If this is for ‘Deus Ex 4′, I can’t help but feel traumatised at the lack of job opportunities for new writers on this project.

God knows they need them after HR.

Burrrrnnnnn.

CyberP
9th Jan 2013, 13:46
Squeenix marketing campaign, and good design. That's all Thief Needs to be successful. Then we can have what matters more; Deus Ex 4.

El_Bel
9th Jan 2013, 14:29
Burrrrnnnnn.

Oh, yeah, siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick buuurrrrrrrrrrnnnnnnn.

The writing of HR after the FEMA camp, sucked major ass.

Maybe they should hire dead-eye!

InGroove2
11th Jan 2013, 16:18
Well they need to finish Thief 4 and it needs to be commercially successful. http://www.vg247.com/2012/05/16/rumor-eidos-hiring-for-next-gen-deus-ex-title/

let's hope that the description of a new DX game doesn't just say "stealth elements". hopefully we don't get stealth downgraded from "gameplay pillar" to "element"

Ilves
11th Jan 2013, 23:16
Missing Link is EXCELLENT. I know a lot of you guys have been saying so since it's release, but I couldn't shake the bias that post release DLC is basically overpriced table scraps with a new lick of paint.

Sure it's got some rough edges, (dialog animations yeesh) but the graphics look significantly more appealing than in HR, and overall it just feels so much more confident in what it's trying to do, particularly in level layouts and world building. Finally some actual ties to the DX lore besides mere inconsequential namedropping.
I really hope future EM installments continue along this path. Great deal for just under €3.- :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Some of the level designs evoke the thought that elements of this set were designed to be featured on Panchea. We know that a lot was scrapped from that final mission... http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/privateeye.gif

Pinky_Powers
11th Jan 2013, 23:17
let's hope that the description of a new DX game doesn't just say "stealth elements". hopefully we don't get stealth downgraded from "gameplay pillar" to "element"

Thief 4 is going to be primarily a cover shooter with a few vehicle sections.

;)

FrankCSIS
12th Jan 2013, 03:16
Maybe they should hire dead-eye!

I was going to suggest Paul Dini, but there's another idea!

Thief 4 is going to be primarily a cover shooter with a few vehicle sections.

Ride a steam-propelled bicycle and cover with your bow behind cleverly laid out flour sacks and giant cotton balls!