PDA

View Full Version : No HUD, Inventory, Map, etc. at game start

alangr
28th Nov 2012, 13:40
I am new to Deus Ex and have just started the 'HR' game. I have seen David, the boss, and gone down the elevator to the floor with trouble and have automatically brought up my gun. At this point, I cannot open my inventory or look at a map and do not have any form of HUD on the screen.

I have looked through the forum and the web generally for what should be happening and get confusing and contradictory comments. Some say 'just carry on, it will all come up later' while others say 'check your inventory for ammunition before you proceed with combat - and watch your health'.

Can someone tell me what shold be the case, please?

Thanks.

Note: This is a copy of a post I made to the Technical Forum and from which I had no responses. Surely someone out there knows how the game should progress....

nomotog
28th Nov 2012, 14:07
You don't get the HUD or anything till after you finish that level. Don't worry about ammo, just work your way through the labs.

El_Bel
28th Nov 2012, 14:09
You get no HUD until you get augmented. You have infinite ammo in the first mission.

alangr
29th Nov 2012, 10:51
Thanks for the information; I was concerned that the game had not installed properly.

Off we go...

nomotog
30th Nov 2012, 04:06
Make sure you come back to tell us how you do. I have a feeling that near the end you will think the game has a bug.

alangr
30th Nov 2012, 08:21
OK, will do, though it may take a while. I have seen references to odd things happing in China but I guess that there may well be more..

Now at first base with HUD, inventory, etc.

Thanks again for your help.