PDA

View Full Version : Hitman Absolution would have been much better if it was more like dishonored

toolnin2k
22nd Nov 2012, 03:40
Hitman Absolution would have been much better if it was more like dishonored in the way they had the levels set up to sneak around to getting to your target. They could have easily added in disguises to blend in (unlike dishonored where you were just sneaking around everyone to get to your target). But It would have felt much more OPEN not not so linear and cut off like it does in hitman. Breaking up each chapter into 3 or 4 levels 3 of which are just sneaking around makes the game too boring and repeative.

If only this game was more like dishonored in that sense it would have been a much more fun and enjoyable game.
Dishonored levels seem way bigger than Hitmans, hitmans seem very small and you cant even back track in hitman. There are multiple ways to get to your target in dishonored, there is only one way to get to your target in hitman.

umadsadbadbro
22nd Nov 2012, 04:50
No.

Just no.

Hitman would have been better than it ALREADY is if they didn't have the guerds so overly supicious even on normal, made some costumes that cover your face almost impossible to see through unless you do something wrong in front of a sentry/sentries.

Also if they let you choose your own loadout before missions, I seriously don't understand why they took this feature out.

But it would only make it another knockoff if it were to mimic other games just to generate sales.

Spiderix
22nd Nov 2012, 12:23
No.

Just no.

Hitman would have been better than it ALREADY is if they didn't have the guerds so overly supicious even on normal, made some costumes that cover your face almost impossible to see through unless you do something wrong in front of a sentry/sentries.

Also if they let you choose your own loadout before missions, I seriously don't understand why they took this feature out.

But it would only make it another knockoff if it were to mimic other games just to generate sales.

Well it makes sense in the story mode since you are on the run and not part of an agency that provides you with the weapon like in BM. However it would have been nice if you could pick your disguise and weapons + melee when you replaying missions in story or contracts.

Knu
22nd Nov 2012, 13:15
IO sacrifice alot of gameplay feature for the sake of the story. I wouldnt say the story was bad but it wasnt worth losing all those features like big sandbox map, custom load out, suitcase.

Now that the story is done with and 47 is back in the agency, can we get the good old hitman back? like Blood money?

umadsadbadbro
22nd Nov 2012, 16:48
Now that the story is done with and 47 is back in the agency, can we get the good old hitman back? like Blood money?

Really wish you would've wrapped that one up in spoilers bro.

umadsadbadbro
22nd Nov 2012, 16:51
Well it makes sense in the story mode since you are on the run and not part of an agency that provides you with the weapon like in BM. However it would have been nice if you could pick your disguise and weapons + melee when you replaying missions in story or contracts.

It makes sense but it's really a missed feature. It's really bad that you can't even choose your custom loadout in contracts mode unless you're creating a contract.

toolnin2k
22nd Nov 2012, 16:57
No.

Just no.

So you like each mission being broken up into 3 or 4 parts instead of how the old HM games were or dishonored was where you have one mission and can go anywhere. HMA makes the world seem so small since each mission is broken up into sections, and it also makes it seem like in HMA there is only one way to get to your target where as in dishonored or even the old HM games there were many

Original 47
22nd Nov 2012, 17:00
IO sacrifice alot of gameplay feature for the sake of the story. I wouldnt say the story was bad but it wasnt worth losing all those features like big sandbox map, custom load out, suitcase.

Absolution was more story driven which I didn't really care that much. And in the process affected the game with checkpoints, broken up levels, some levels seemed linear, sneaking from point A to point b, can't back track, no weapons load out, no suitcase. Locations pretty much limited to only one country instead of different countries.

toolnin2k
22nd Nov 2012, 19:25
Absolution was more story driven which I didn't really care that much. And in the process affected the game with checkpoints, broken up levels, some levels seemed linear, sneaking from point A to point b, can't back track, no weapons load out, no suitcase. Locations pretty much limited to only one country instead of different countries.

Exactly, imagine in BM if you were to go to a 2nd floor (like in the psych ward level) and you were unable to go back to the first floor or the grounds, and it forced you to kill in a certain area.

The next game needs to be more like BM and like i said dishonored where you have access to the whole area and you can kill the target where you want and when you want.

Breaking up the missions into 4 levels takes you out of the game and makes it boring since 75% of the time you are just sneaking around taking cover, and the 25% of the killing is just some small area.