PDA

View Full Version : What happend to the blood trails?

gruntinggeorge
21st Nov 2012, 21:36
It´s a feature i loved from Blood money. I really like Absolution but now i kill a guy with a gun, drag his body and there´s no blood trail!. Even sometimes i kill a guy with a gun and i dont see a blood pool. Is just me?.

I asked a couple friends and they say the same, no blood trail at all. So why eliminate it, no downsides for using a pistol or a knife (Im not talking about score but challenge). Or throw a knife to someone and see no blood, makes the game quite unrealistic.

RedH1tman
21st Nov 2012, 22:03
....makes the game quite unrealistic.

Why should be the game realistic.... it is only a game, and a game, can NEVER represent the real life.

I miss the blood trail too, otherwise is the game perfectly ;)

TekLwar
21st Nov 2012, 22:26
It´s a feature i loved from Blood money. I really like Absolution but now i kill a guy with a gun, drag his body and there´s no blood trail!. Even sometimes i kill a guy with a gun and i dont see a blood pool. Is just me?.

I asked a couple friends and they say the same, no blood trail at all. So why eliminate it, no downsides for using a pistol or a knife (Im not talking about score but challenge). Or throw a knife to someone and see no blood, makes the game quite unrealistic.

Blood pools have been glitchy ever since Hitman 1. From what I understand you generally don't get a pool if the body moves before the blood begins to pool. I'm guessing its so blood doesn't just come out of nowhere.

Liam123456789
23rd Nov 2012, 00:46

thats right mate when you shoot a guy in the head with a gun there's no blood pool but if you shoot him in the chest i swear theres a blood pool near his legs:S

Moeez
23rd Nov 2012, 00:49
Blood pools come from knife/axe attacks, if it was for guns too that might be frustrating because guards notice them in Absolution.

SonOfSparda
23rd Nov 2012, 01:53
I can confirm that blood pool does appear from gunshots, I dont know which area you have to aim for, though

Yeti1
23rd Nov 2012, 15:11
Why should be the game realistic.... it is only a game, and a game, can NEVER represent the real life.

Realism in games makes them better, or it just ends up like an arcade thrill hunt, especially in a game like this, realism adds to the challenge.

rng43
23rd Nov 2012, 17:30
I found there is blood splatter on the walls if using a gun, and always a blood pool where the body landed if you use a sharp object like a knife or axe. The AI do notice blood pools though and get alerted but its annoying that they don't get alerted to the blood spatters after shooting someone.

Spiderix
23rd Nov 2012, 17:39

So you can do things you are not allowed to do in real life.