PDA

View Full Version : How do I get English Language?

TDK DanJae
21st Nov 2012, 07:19
Edit by Travis@IO: For Xbox 360 players, you can only currently use the default languages that are on your disc. However, we will be releasing FREE DLC in the very near future to the Xbox Live Marketplace, called the English Language Pack, that will allow you to enable the original recorded audio in the options menu.

Hello guys.

I have a question: When will the English Language Pack be available on XBOX Live? I live in Germany and bought the German version and you announced that there will be a Language pack. When will that happen?

TDK DanJae
21st Nov 2012, 13:47
Language Pack coming or not???

aikspot
21st Nov 2012, 14:01
Some say that a language pack already exists via x-box live. Strange..i can't seem to find it either. I have the same problem as you...keep in touch.
All the best

TDK DanJae
22nd Nov 2012, 18:02
Is the language pack coming or not? Otherwise I just simply sell the game.

petze
22nd Nov 2012, 21:21
I wanna know that too. I have to play in french because in my country they sell only french and german versions :(

TDK DanJae
23rd Nov 2012, 11:17
Okay, that's it for me. No one in the official (!!!) forum is looking into it, no one at the German hotline can say anything specific. I'm just selling the game, give some bad reviews @ amazon, metacritic and I'm done.

Travis_IO
23rd Nov 2012, 12:43
We are working on making the English language pack available through Xbox Live as soon as possible.

We're aware that many players are waiting for it and will update the community when we have more details.

Thanks for your patience!

TDK DanJae
23rd Nov 2012, 12:45
Oh, thank you very much for the answer. So I can keep the game because you people @ IO did a damn fine job. I'm just waiting longer then.

aikspot
25th Nov 2012, 14:22
Finally some answers regarding this issue...

petze
25th Nov 2012, 23:25
Finally some answers regarding this issue...

Don't get your hopes up seeing this anythime soon if eventually. Just a feeling I have knowing this industry for so long...

UltimateBert
26th Nov 2012, 14:00
Having to wait for the language pack to go online while all of the DLC items are available already is pretty bad...

But i have to admit: The german localisation is surprisingly well written AND spoken. Hitman: Absolution is one of the rare games which i'll probably play in german, even after the english voicepack has been released.:thumb:

aikspot
26th Nov 2012, 15:38
We have to agree to disagree then. I think that every game or movie for that matter is meant to be played / viewed in its original language...if the game is made in Germany and its basic and original language is German then i would play it in German..no doubt about it ...there are voice actors involved in making Absolution that have a great influence in making the game all it could be ...as it is now...but for me it was a disappointment first time i started the game ...i felt like i only bought 70 % of it.
But maybe that's just me.

UltimateBert
27th Nov 2012, 08:17
We have to agree to disagree then. I think that every game or movie for that matter is meant to be played / viewed in its original language...if the game is made in Germany and its basic and original language is German then i would play it in German..no doubt about it ...there are voice actors involved in making Absolution that have a great influence in making the game all it could be ...as it is now...but for me it was a disappointment first time i started the game ...i felt like i only bought 70 % of it.
But maybe that's just me.

Naa, i feel you, really, i do. At first i wanted to take the game back to my retailer.
It's just that (for me) the localisation of absolution is quite acceptable until the voice pack comes around. Compared to other big games like Skyrim, Brink or Borderlands 2 , you can actually play this without the constant need to smirk painfully or laugh out loud.

aikspot
27th Nov 2012, 10:31
I understand what you're saying :)
The funny thing is, i bought games from Germany before ..and every one of them also have the english voice over. That's why it didn't cross my mind that this one doesn't.

Mr. Sharpe
27th Nov 2012, 16:46
Hi, fellow hitman fan from Russia here. I've recently bought the game from one of the local stores (standard edition, by "New Disk" company) and to my great disappointment found out that it lacks original english audio track (even though option for english captions is still present). My console's language and locale are set to english and en-us respectively.
Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with the russian translation (well, it is pretty cheesy and generally makes the world less believable), but I really miss excelent voice work by mr. Bateson and those incredibly funny guards conversations — without them the game is just not the same for me.That's a damn shame by the way, considering that I've had to shell out $80 for it and my local store doesn’t accept purchases back.
So please, help me out — I really want to enjoy the game the way developers created it.

kasi_t
27th Nov 2012, 18:46
From what I've read around here, it seems like other than pc and playstation gamers, you're stuck with the language the respective retail version provides. However, and here's the good news, every so often people have requested that something be done about this and if I recall correctly, an IO official recently responded announcing that a variety of language packs were to be made available on xbox live. I can't tell you when this is gonna happen, though.

nirvana1
27th Nov 2012, 23:29
I wanna the original voice of hitman but i'v bought the profesional edition on xbox and its german and there wasnt any changing language in option help plsssssssssss :(

kasi_t
28th Nov 2012, 00:43
Put at its briefest, you can't change the language. At least not yet.

nirvana1
28th Nov 2012, 00:55
:eek::(:(:(:(:(why??????????

geepouks
28th Nov 2012, 06:17
In Québec (Canada) the game is only in english on Xbox360 and hope too have the french langage pack.

Nick@IO
28th Nov 2012, 08:46
Update on this. The issues with the Language Pack for 360 now seem to be on the way to resolution. We expect it to go out with a patch very soon.

Travis_IO
28th Nov 2012, 09:26
We will be releasing an English Language Pack as FREE DLC for Xbox users very soon.

This will give you the option to choose English audio instead of German.

aikspot
28th Nov 2012, 10:50
Can you be more precise? :) I mean,..i started playing the first mission in German and now i kinda hate myself.
Thanks so much for your efforts.

Travis_IO
28th Nov 2012, 11:55
A download pack that allows you to add the original audio (i.e English language) will be made available for download via Xbox Live in the near future. Thanks for your patience on this.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the DLC will be free.

aikspot
4th Dec 2012, 10:52
Nothing yet? Any new updates on this?

rm47
6th Dec 2012, 18:31
It's F...g joke. We're waiting 2 weaks and still nothing.

,,We will be releasing an English Language Pack as FREE DLC for Xbox users very soon.'' This is the funniest part... post was released 28.11 Today we have 6.12 How long we must wait ?? mounth ? two ? Guys just give us a date when it be available, and stop repeat ,,very soon'' ^ ^

nirvana1
6th Dec 2012, 22:44
In games like assassins creed you can easily change the german language to english why not in this huge awesome game? :(
We bought that game thats not justly when we cant hear their original voice actors
can you undrestand?

aikspot
6th Dec 2012, 22:59
The"near future" seems so far away ...this is just so unprofessional ...and unfair

TDK DanJae
7th Dec 2012, 07:36
Yeah, and that's the reason I simply sold the game. Making promises without keeping them is just like todays game companies seem to work...

aikspot
7th Dec 2012, 08:11
Selling the game is not going to solve anything...not their incompetence....someone should have said something about not being able to fit more than one language on the damn disk. I would have bought it from the UK. And if you ask me its plain stupid to have the subtitles and the menu all in english but the voiceovers in ****IN' GERMAN...what's up with that?
I am selling the game myself....i've waited long enough.
Let the bad reviews flow.

petze
7th Dec 2012, 09:33
They have our money, why should they care? And this is only for XBox 360, the PS3 and PC versions are multilingual. So, only a handful of people like us who are complaining. But on the other side, please note that Microsoft needs to look over every DLC before releasing it and sadly this process usually takes between 1 and 3 weeks.

aikspot
7th Dec 2012, 10:26
they should have looked over the DLC before the game was released...

Travis_IO
7th Dec 2012, 11:56
We have been working to release the English language pack and are very well aware of the value that it holds for you as players.

We will be releasing the DLC once the upcoming patch/title update (expected week of December 10 (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=131276)) has released to ensure stability.
It is ready to go and will be made available on as close to the patch release date as possible.

We will continue to update this thread with updates. Thank you for your continued patience.

nirvana1
7th Dec 2012, 17:56
We have been working to release the English language pack and are very well aware of the value that it holds for you as players.

We will be releasing the DLC once the upcoming patch/title update (expected week of December 10 (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=131276)) has released to ensure stability.
It is ready to go and will be made available on as close to the patch release date as possible.

We will continue to update this thread with updates. Thank you for your continued patience.

Thats too late :mad2:

nirvana1
10th Dec 2012, 21:32
Is that original voice out for us? I checked again and again but didnt find:mad2:

Travis_IO
11th Dec 2012, 09:49
Is that original voice out for us? I checked again and again but didnt find:mad2:

The patch is currently with Microsoft and we are waiting for approval. It is out of our hands now until we get that green light and Microsoft update the download catalogue to include the English Language Pack.

We expect this to happen at some point this week but cannot narrow it down any further.

We'll know as soon as each happens though and will update you in the appropriate thread.

aikspot
11th Dec 2012, 10:38
I have to ( politely ) ask,..why didn't you guys do this before the game was released? knowing that the disk couldn't hold more than one voiceover language...i just can't figure it out...why?

nirvana1
13th Dec 2012, 16:24
How do I know the release date of language pack?

aikspot
14th Dec 2012, 07:45
Are you guys for real? Nothing yet?

petze
14th Dec 2012, 09:04
The patch is currently with Microsoft and we are waiting for approval. It is out of our hands now until we get that green light and Microsoft update the download catalogue to include the English Language Pack.

We expect this to happen at some point this week but cannot narrow it down any further.

We'll know as soon as each happens though and will update you in the appropriate thread.
The patch is waiting approval by Microsoft, but what about the language DLC? Has it been submitted yet, or are you still working on that one?

Travis_IO
14th Dec 2012, 11:13
As mentioned in the patch thread (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=131276), we've had feedback from Microsoft and expect the 360 title update to go live on Wednesday 19 December.

We've got the English Language DLC already submitted and approved so expect it to be available on the same day as the patch.

rm47
19th Dec 2012, 12:05
hey it's 19th, I'm turn on the console and what? still nothing :/ when the path will comming ?

aikspot
19th Dec 2012, 14:42
Ok, Travis, where can i find the language pack? :) Apparently nowhere...

rm47
19th Dec 2012, 19:46
In my opinion, they treat people like a ****. All what they can do is repeat ,,be patience'' again and again. I Fu..ck this ****.
Travis on the forum said that patch will be available on the 19th and nothing. It's f..ing joke i don't have even a simply patch which other countries of course had because ,,not be released in Russia, Poland or Turkey due to business reasons'' Oh thx IOI you are great. I'm bought yours game and now I cant download a fu...ing part of it ?
Maybe language patch will be too not relased in Poland ? You convinced me to sell hitman, thx and good luck -.-

aikspot
19th Dec 2012, 20:39
Hey Travis..in case you guys are planning not to release the language pack and just lie about it ..forever, how about i send you my copy of "Hitman Absolution Professional Edition" with the German voiceovers and you send me one with the english? Then again, how about you do the same for all the players who are having this MAJOR PROBLEM. I think that would be fair...don't you? On the other hand you could just release that damn language pack already. Its just pathetic...

nirvana1
19th Dec 2012, 23:13
The world going to end and you didnt bring us that language patch :(

aikspot
20th Dec 2012, 08:55
can you at least give us an update ?

Travis_IO
20th Dec 2012, 11:03
Hey Travis..in case you guys are planning not to release the language pack and just lie about it ..forever, how about i send you my copy of "Hitman Absolution Professional Edition" with the German voiceovers and you send me one with the english? Then again, how about you do the same for all the players who are having this MAJOR PROBLEM. I think that would be fair...don't you? On the other hand you could just release that damn language pack already. Its just pathetic...

Unfortunately, it's not as easy as just releasing it as we please. The DLC had been finalised and submitted to Microsoft in advance of the title update release and our expectations were that it would be made available once the title update had been released - which is the latest update that I posted here.

That patch seems to have been released to the majority of players now but I'm chasing people to find out why the DLC hasn't been made available on the marketplace yet. I will update this post with an update as soon as I get one.

Your frustration is acknowledged and justified but I hope you can see that we stand to gain nothing by lying and offering false promises.

aikspot
20th Dec 2012, 11:40
I am sorry for being this angry but maybe its because this is my favorite franchise and i have waited for this game ...too long if you ask me and when i bought it it came with a disappointment. You guys have done a great job with the game ...like always, but this language issue looks like a glitch in your system...and i say that with all due respect.
If i offended someone, i apologize but its getting really frustrating...

Travis_IO
20th Dec 2012, 12:21
It's nothing to apologise over, I just wanted you to know how it is from our side and that there are more factors in play than simply our desire to release the pack.

Update: The title update was released on Tuesday 19th as planned and can apparently take up to 72 hours to reach all consoles. We've been told that the new expected date for the DLC to hit is tomorrow, December 21.

(As a note, we were originally told that the DLC should be available on the same date as the patch.)

Again, we are aware that there are many of you waiting for this DLC and we are hoping that it can finally come through.

rm47
21st Dec 2012, 16:14
still nothing ?? I hope it be today...

NIB
21st Dec 2012, 16:52
I m just downloading it from Xbox Live.

nirvana1
21st Dec 2012, 16:57
tnx,finally you brought that language patch,its late, but thank you however.

rm47
21st Dec 2012, 17:01
where is the patch ?? why I'm don't have it on xlive ??

NIB
21st Dec 2012, 17:04
I used the DLC option in the games main menu. its on of the first on the list.

rm47
21st Dec 2012, 17:18
I try but still don't get it. Please don't tell me it's not available in Poland !

nirvana1
21st Dec 2012, 17:27
I try but still don't get it. Please don't tell me it's not available in Poland !

hmmm,but Im downloading it now in Austria.You should try downloadable content in the main menu

rm47
21st Dec 2012, 17:29
i don't have it there ...

nirvana1
21st Dec 2012, 17:31
i don't have it there ...

Did you update the game?

rm47
21st Dec 2012, 17:50
tell me how... The game it's don't updating :/

nirvana1
21st Dec 2012, 17:55
tell me how... The game it's don't updating :/

If you connect the internet and xbox live,and run the game it asks you to download the new update and you can chose yes or no(its 2 mb I think)
Then you should go to downlodable content in menu and find english language patch and its free.;)

rm47
21st Dec 2012, 18:06
yeah but when i'm starting game nothing happens, just game is started.

nirvana1
21st Dec 2012, 18:09
yeah but when i'm starting game nothing happens, just game is started.

:scratch: I dont know why, when did you update last time?

rm47
21st Dec 2012, 18:10
I don't have any updates to Hitman that's the problem...

nirvana1
21st Dec 2012, 18:12
I don't have any updates to Hitman that's the problem...

Did you connect to your Xbox live profile?

rm47
21st Dec 2012, 18:14
of course

nirvana1
21st Dec 2012, 18:15
of course

And it never aks you for title update?:scratch:

rm47
21st Dec 2012, 18:19
No... I don't understand why they made that english dlc for people when some countries are can't download it... It's fu...ing unfair. I hate voices in my version of hitman and i'm really waiting for this patch and now i can't get it...

nirvana1
21st Dec 2012, 18:37
No... I don't understand why they made that english dlc for people when some countries are can't download it... It's fu...ing unfair. I hate voices in my version of hitman and i'm really waiting for this patch and now i can't get it...

I dont really know why its not available for you,I wish I could help you.

nirvana1
21st Dec 2012, 18:42
and try this site http://www.xbuc.net you can download title updates of games download Absolutions update then copy it to your Usb then to your xbox but I dont know the exact way, search google to guidance

rm47
21st Dec 2012, 19:08
your page it's don't working but i'm afraid that patch is not available in my country bu i don't know why -.-

nirvana1
22nd Dec 2012, 01:31
your page it's don't working but i'm afraid that patch is not available in my country bu i don't know why -.-

http://www.xbuc.net/

rm47
22nd Dec 2012, 09:38
yea but maybe someone in IOI can say smething about it. Why in my country it's not available it's not fair...

Mr. Sharpe
22nd Dec 2012, 09:52
Hey, I've found a workaround – create a new US xbox live profile, login and download dlc. It will be available to your other accounts. However, even though it works, now when I try to start a new game Hitman always freezes. Maybe you'll have better luck.

rm47
22nd Dec 2012, 10:31
maybe try remove all the hitman files in your console and reinstall game and write its work or no ;p

rm47
24th Dec 2012, 21:08
anyone from IO reading this forum ?? why it's not available yet in some countries and when will be ??