PDA

View Full Version : Hitman Absolution DLCs Available Now

Akram.
20th Nov 2012, 13:12
http://storage.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/deus_ex_adam.jpg

Siliconera has learnt of some of the downloadable content headed to Hitman Absolution. This will be in the form of additional suits and guns, which will give Agent 47 new outfits and weapons to use during his missions.

The DLC will include an Adam Jensen-inspired Deus Ex suit with a Deus Ex gun, a Public Enemy suit with a a Bronson M1928 submachine gun, a High Roller suit with a Krugermeier 2-2 Pistol, and a High Tech suit with a Bartoli Custom Pistol.

Three of the suits and weapons mentioned above were offered as pre-order bonuses for Hitman Absolution at various retailers in North America, but the Deus Ex suit and gun are new. I suppose Sarif Industries are in demand—even Wei Shen from Sleeping Dogs wants their products.

(Note that the image above is from Deus Ex: Human Revolution, not the Hitman Absolution DLC.)

http://storage.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/hitman_public_suit.jpg

http://storage.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/hitman_high_suit.jpg

http://storage.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/hitman_tech_suit.jpg

Source: Siliconera

Download them each for 80 MSP here:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Hitman-Absolution/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80253510804?DownloadType=GameAddon#LiveZone

umadsadbadbro
20th Nov 2012, 14:11
Sadly I have to wait until this evening to purchase the public enemy pack

Rekalty
20th Nov 2012, 15:49
"Siliconera has learnt of some of the downloadable content headed to Hitman Absolution."
You mean, Siliconera has looked in the store...

battfinkz
20th Nov 2012, 16:17
what is the point of this dlc? i mean, it looks great, but you CANT choose different suits to start a mission, or weapons. they would only be useable in contracts, and that would mean the contract creator and player must have them.

and no, ive finished the game, it doesnt open up any option to play through again with different suits.

weird decision IO, you need to patch the game to allow us to choose loadouts and kits in story mode!

Rekalty
20th Nov 2012, 16:29
what is the point of this dlc? i mean, it looks great, but you CANT choose different suits to start a mission, or weapons. they would only be useable in contracts, and that would mean the contract creator and player must have them.

and no, ive finished the game, it doesnt open up any option to play through again with different suits.

weird decision IO, you need to patch the game to allow us to choose loadouts and kits in story mode!

Pretty much, yeah, only usable in Contracts mode. Was shocked to see how expensive weapon upgrades are, but I guess we need a reason to keep playing. Not sure what you would need the weapons for though, if you're trying to be Silent Assassin...

battfinkz
20th Nov 2012, 20:43
Pretty much, yeah, only usable in Contracts mode. Was shocked to see how expensive weapon upgrades are, but I guess we need a reason to keep playing. Not sure what you would need the weapons for though, if you're trying to be Silent Assassin...

plus there are sections of the game not available in contracts, so you can not play through the entire game with any of this dlc.

i was going to buy it, but not now, not worth it, gutted really

Blitxxx
21st Nov 2012, 01:46
what is the point of this dlc? You CANT choose different suits to start a mission, or weapons. they would only be useable in contracts, and that would mean the contract creator and player must have them.. need to patch the game to allow us to choose loadouts and kits in story mode!

Agreed :cool:

Also, on Steam they sell the "Suit and Gun Collection" which is the full collection of today's DLC, but the collection is not Xbox Live... Only all of the DLC released today separately.

SonOfSparda
21st Nov 2012, 02:00
Yeah, kinda useless DLC,

but I would love to see some missions from Hitman:SA/H:Contracts as a free contracts maps, or featured contracts from IO devs :)

NightmareMorpheus
21st Nov 2012, 07:27
They need to patch the DLCs, Pre-order bonuses, and unlocks back to campaign mode. You earned/paid for them, what is the fun if you can not use them. Half of the fun of Hitman was earning the SA bonuses, then replaying the game with the outfits/weapons. I, for one, do not remember any notes, statements, or indication that the Agency Pack (et. al.) would be limited this way. As it stands, I do not regret purchasing the game, but do regret getting the Professional Edition for this reason.
My suggestion: All DLC and Special Content upgrades should be purchased by completing Contracts, with the same weapons and upgrades appearing in Campaign and can only be changed in between missions.
Why would they purposely change and aspect of the entire franchise that everyone liked and was fair?

Rekalty
21st Nov 2012, 07:33
I would rather see DLC that makes content post-story line, new missions for assassinations and such, that allows the use of all the fancy weapons and disguises we've unlocked.

aieeeee
21st Nov 2012, 12:00
I'll not be buying any of this dlc. Why should I? Even if you're online you wont even be able to play contracts and use it if the game server is down. Like it was yesterday...

comaprison
21st Nov 2012, 12:52
I hope future DLCs are focused on new missions/maps/hits instead of just guns/disguises. Speaking as someone who bought the 5.99 guns and suits bundle on steam, it's not worth it to just buy guns and suits. For example, I think Skyrim is following the right format by giving us Dawnguard and the upcoming Dragonborn DLC. Multiple new LONG quest lines with new areas and new equipment for 20 bucks. Any thoughts?

Ezzack Hunt
21st Nov 2012, 13:11
agree that the DLC should be storyline rather than weapons and outfits. haven't completed the campaign yet, so haven't unlocked everything yet. Won't be buying this DLC.

battfinkz
21st Nov 2012, 16:33
i would love some dlc, in the shape of proper hitman gameplay, involving proper hits, but to be honest, if i could use all the weapons and suits in story and could chose a multiple weapon loadout, i would buy every last one of them.......

Alien Impulse
22nd Nov 2012, 17:18
where is the "suit and gun collection" dlc? All the dlc I see say that it's included in this collection, but where is it?

TreFacTor
5th Apr 2013, 14:09
I know this is an old topic, but BUYER BEWARE FOR SURE!. I have spent the better part of two days trying to figure out how to use this dlc, and once I found out how to use it, i found it to be the most useless digital download I've ever, ever had the displeasure of downloading. Not only does it not inform you that you can ONLY use the skins in the skin pack in CONTRACT MODE, but it's also only on the contacts you yourself create. I've just ended the single player and have only completed the first contract (training) and there isn't much else to it... I'm glad now that I didn't buy the game when it launched. I got this game for $20 new, and it was worth every discounted penny that's for sure.

Whoever makes the design decisions for DLC, and single player content needs to rethink their illogical separation and functionality of the dlc. I'm not suggesting they be fired, but honestly they need serious help because their right hand clearly doesn't know what the left is doing as evident by the reactions I've read here.

DorianVoid
9th Apr 2013, 12:13
I know this is an old topic, but BUYER BEWARE FOR SURE!. I have spent the better part of two days trying to figure out how to use this dlc, and once I found out how to use it, i found it to be the most useless digital download I've ever, ever had the displeasure of downloading. Not only does it not inform you that you can ONLY use the skins in the skin pack in CONTRACT MODE, but it's also only on the contacts you yourself create. I've just ended the single player and have only completed the first contract (training) and there isn't much else to it... I'm glad now that I didn't buy the game when it launched. I got this game for $20 new, and it was worth every discounted penny that's for sure.

Whoever makes the design decisions for DLC, and single player content needs to rethink their illogical separation and functionality of the dlc. I'm not suggesting they be fired, but honestly they need serious help because their right hand clearly doesn't know what the left is doing as evident by the reactions I've read here.

Absolution is a lot more story driven than the previous games, hence the no loadouts that we're all used to. I think this is one place where IOI really changed their path in a "not so good" way for Hitman, but a "needed to be done" way for Absolution.
I'm not sure if you're a fan of the other games, but a lot of us grew up through Hitman liking certain things about the game and planning your loadouts was one of them.
Because they wanted to make the game more narrative than previous ones and have Agent 47 more or less continue from one part of the story to the next, IOI wouldn't allow different skins simply because it would mess with the story and look out of character.
All these dlc's would only have been meant for the contracts mode. It's my guess that they hoping to keep people involved in the "multiplayer" aspect of the game and make that more like previous Hitman games by adding special loadouts, etc.
But I think they'd be better off just making it for free and keeping the game's value higher.
You don't want to lose clientele buy forcing them to buy dlc they need to keep playing the game.
The narrative was very nice, but we don't want it to the detriment of what we love about the game.
Nor do we want it to take away from the Hitman experience.

LuckyLuck
10th Apr 2013, 08:07
So, generally can you recommend this DLC? I'm thinking whether to buy this or Dead Space 3 DLC.