PDA

View Full Version : Any reviews of the PC version?

import_craziej2k
17th Nov 2012, 11:57
Bar one (rather fustrated)PC Gamer review, I haven't seen any others about the pc release of the game, considering that they've modified the engine or something (the FAQ says "there's a dedicated team working on optimising the PC version of the game that has come directly from the Glacier 2 engine i.e it's not a port from the console versions.") I'd like to get a few different opinions on it and info on any bugs/problems there are before I splash out.

JaqTaar
17th Nov 2012, 12:21
German PC Games (one of the two big PC mags here) gave it 88% and wrote that the game runs fine and stable, despite their version still being updated (mostly localization) while they were testing it.

They mentioned only one bug, where a guard apparently walked through a wall mirror.

Platinumoxicity
17th Nov 2012, 13:21
I'd wait for actual gamers to make their own honest reviews. Not some industrial giants who get paid to give games good scores and parrot some awesome marketing scripts while showing promotional visual content deliberately chosen to promote the sales of the game.

And I'd also avoid reviews where there's a bias for Hitman, or reviews that are tainted by nostalgic branwashing, people who have convinced themselves that something older is better no matter what, or that something is better because "it was revolutionary at its time". A review should be an objective assesment of the quality of all aspects of a product. The remake of King Kong was better than the 1930's version, because both movies suck equally much, but the older one has crappy special effects. Objective difference in the quality of the aspect that is the factor that separes the better from the worse.

import_craziej2k
18th Nov 2012, 06:22
I'd wait for actual gamers to make their own honest reviews. Not some industrial giants who get paid to give games good scores and parrot some awesome marketing scripts while showing promotional visual content deliberately chosen to promote the sales of the game.

And I'd also avoid reviews where there's a bias for Hitman, or reviews that are tainted by nostalgic branwashing, people who have convinced themselves that something older is better no matter what, or that something is better because "it was revolutionary at its time". A review should be an objective assesment of the quality of all aspects of a product. The remake of King Kong was better than the 1930's version, because both movies suck equally much, but the older one has crappy special effects. Objective difference in the quality of the aspect that is the factor that separes the better from the worse.

I normally do, the PCG one was weird though because normally I find their opinions are similar to mine, it seems as though the reviewer was just venting fustration and took it out on the game.

abfirstr8
18th Nov 2012, 09:28
IGN is releasing their review tomorrow, so the embargo should be lifted tomorrow. I'm excited/ nervous about the reviews :)