PDA

View Full Version : What weapon DLC or other are you most looking forward to using in Absolution?

chalkman
15th Nov 2012, 17:01
Silver ballers for me, but definitely want to get some time in with the pro edition DLC Jagd P22G pistol.

Rekalty
15th Nov 2012, 17:04
Pretty much any silenced sniper. I have no idea what the weapons look like and which are in the game though, guess that will be revealed in a few days.

big fan
15th Nov 2012, 17:11
***** Silver ballers will be DLC o.O

Trzebiat
15th Nov 2012, 17:19
I want Beretta M92F Chrome from the first trailer. And supressor for it.

Balcony_Boy
15th Nov 2012, 17:46
Please who needs firearms go pro assassins and use the wire :D

chalkman
15th Nov 2012, 17:52
I am waiting for someone to say the plunger lol.

According to Hitman Wiki ( the list is not complete and don't know how reliable it is ) the silver ballers will be included in the base game. Also for the Professional edition it is worded this way
...advanced access to a range of in-game Agency Weapons... which arguably can be interpreted that all DLC weapons will be found in the game.

Wire works well too, plan on using as many options as I can.

big fan
15th Nov 2012, 18:11
what the hell
how ***** they make the silver ballers DLC
wtf wtf wtf

Duspende .
15th Nov 2012, 18:12
I seriously can't wait to smack people down with bottles, wrenches, busts and the like.

Rekalty
15th Nov 2012, 18:50
Silver Ballers are NOT DLC. Read the thread title. Then read it again, because it seems it was misunderstood.

big fan
15th Nov 2012, 19:01
Silver Ballers are NOT DLC. Read the thread title. Then read it again, because it seems it was misunderstood.

well i read this..not the title

I am waiting for someone to say the plunger lol.

According to Hitman Wiki ( the list is not complete and don't know how reliable it is ) the silver ballers will be included in the base game. Also for the Professional edition it is worded this way

Wire works well too, plan on using as many options as I can.

chalkman
15th Nov 2012, 19:13
I wasn't saying they were DLC i was saying the opposite lol, but i see that you may have misinterpreted my thread title. The silverballers are in the base game, just asking what everyone wants to use.

big fan
15th Nov 2012, 19:46
i didn't misinterpreted
my english is weak..sooo weak

Molkifier
15th Nov 2012, 19:52
My favorite part of the old Hitman's was collecting all the different weapons, even if I only used two. This time, I want to use the tommy gun DLC. It looks awesome.

Spiderix
15th Nov 2012, 22:13
Any type of knife/sword. I hate firearms lol.

abfirstr8
15th Nov 2012, 23:16
I think that the confusion about the silver ballers just stems a little from the title where it seems like it says weapon DLC when I'm guessing it mean weapon, DLC or others.

Anyway,

The Silverballer(s), katana... I'm blanking out right now, but nonetheless I can't wait to see all the amounts of weapons :)

chalkman
15th Nov 2012, 23:19
Yea i should have put a comma in there, my bad :D

Sean Rubin
15th Nov 2012, 23:22
Anything that has a silencer on it.

Secret Invasion
15th Nov 2012, 23:43
1.) Any silenced pistol, with the improved aiming controls and the ability to use them for eliminations (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgZNc6cKyzs&feature=player_detailpage&list=FLTMqxDzcD2s-SN2Ou1SofLg#t=285s) (when previously you could only do this with melee weapons, like the classic fiber wire)

2.) The ability to sneak up behind and nonlethally subdue enemies with your bare hands

3.) Fiber wire, which now allows you to drag the body immediately; I'd expect to use it more often for it's efficiency if it wasn't such a painful way to kill somebody.

Spiderix
16th Nov 2012, 00:52
Oh yes I want to snap necks and use poison/sedatives. I only use firearms if I need to.

xzx
16th Nov 2012, 00:53
I only like Uzi. The others are cool upgraded but dropping all 50-150 rounds in 5 seconds is awesome.

Sean Rubin
16th Nov 2012, 03:00
Oh yes I want to snap necks and use poison/sedatives. I only use firearms if I need to.

Same here. I mostly use the fiber wire. I try for Silent Assassin in every mission. :D

xzx
16th Nov 2012, 03:40
Same here. I mostly use the fiber wire. I try for Silent Assassin in every mission. :D

The wire is silly. He just flicks his hands sometimes and the guy is dead.

Scottyboy1990
16th Nov 2012, 03:50
I dont really use weapons either, only if i need to, i prefer fiber wire but now that we have the option to subdue and snap necks with our bare hands that will probably be my choice of assassination most of the time :D

Secret Invasion
16th Nov 2012, 03:58
I dont really use weapons either, only if i need to, i prefer fiber wire but now that we have the option to subdue and snap necks with our bare hands that will probably be my choice of assassination most of the time :D

There's something especially gratifying about doing a lot with very little, isn't there? "Suit only, no weapons" runs can now become a thing.

Sean Rubin
16th Nov 2012, 05:27
There's something especially gratifying about doing a lot with very little, isn't there? "Suit only, no weapons" runs can now become a thing.

Sounds great to me. :D

chalkman
16th Nov 2012, 05:32
It's true, it is satisfying to get the cool silent kill. But it is something that has always been at odds with Hitman, is that they model all these incredible fire arms but you aren't really supposed to use them if you want to get the stealthiest of ratings. It does make sense for realism, but I always thought that the series could use a little more massaging in this area to really find a solid place using the firearms, but still being somewhat stealthy.

Perhaps contracts mode is just the ticket here for that.

xzx
16th Nov 2012, 07:40
That's silly. It's only fun the first time you play it and feel that rush of HAVING to resort to all out mayhem. The next hundred times you start over is milking the cow. Playing so many times may have some SERIOUS side effects! REALLY!

Jacket60
16th Nov 2012, 08:45
Wire, knife, poison, bare hands, accidents.

cartridge
16th Nov 2012, 08:45
Definitely dual-wielding Bartoli custom pistols. The whole reason I pre-ordered from Amazon, and they had the Professional Edition on PC for $44. Awww yeah!

I swear, if the Bartoli can't be dual equipped because of the small reflex scope I'm gonna be pissed. This isn't Battlefield of Honor Modern Duty 9!

Duspende .
16th Nov 2012, 14:51
That's silly. It's only fun the first time you play it and feel that rush of HAVING to resort to all out mayhem. The next hundred times you start over is milking the cow. Playing so many times may have some SERIOUS side effects! REALLY!

Nobody cares.

chalkman
16th Nov 2012, 15:14

I'm not saying to go kill everything, lol. What i'm saying is just what i said. The series has struggled somewhat to showcase the wonderfully done firearms, because most of us who do like stealth end up not using them to get the SA rating etc. A more balanced blend without penalty would be a nice addition.

Platinumoxicity
16th Nov 2012, 15:20
I hardly ever use guns in Hitman. Just a few days ago I tried to go in guns blazing so that I could get maximum notoriety, and experience the extra challenge that could bring. The problem is that I couldn't survive. :D So to tell the truth, I have never actually experienced the notoriety effect in Blood Money. Weird.

xzx
16th Nov 2012, 18:36
I'm not saying to go kill everything, lol. What i'm saying is just what i said. The series has struggled somewhat to showcase the wonderfully done firearms, because most of us who do like stealth end up not using them to get the SA rating etc. A more balanced blend without penalty would be a nice addition.

You guys have more of a computer programmer view of playing.

When you do it the first time you really feel like you have a connection. When you do it again it's just kinda sick. You've already experienced death!

chalkman
16th Nov 2012, 18:38
You guys have more of a computer programmer view of playing.

When you do it the first time you really feel like you have a connection. When you do it again it's just kinda sick. You've already experienced death!

I have no idea what you are talking about.

xzx
16th Nov 2012, 18:46
I have no idea what you are talking about.

You all dig deep in the realisms of it.

Don't you think it's kinda fake to dress it up and call it a hamster?

If it happened in real life you'd be dead already.

chalkman
16th Nov 2012, 18:58
That has nothing whatsoever to do with the point i was making.

So your suggestion is to play the game like a hamster? I'd prefer it be in the same styling as the character, (since this is a work of fiction that most of us are aware of), and that character is 47.

Secret Invasion
16th Nov 2012, 19:01
You all dig deep in the realisms of it.

Don't you think it's kinda fake to dress it up and call it a hamster?

If it happened in real life you'd be dead already.

I think that what you're trying to say is that the games lose their appeal as you progress, because you wouldn't have realistically survived for very long if you were actually doing what 47 does? Correct me if I'm wrong. We're all kind of confused about what you're saying.

I happen like that it's Groundhog Day Assassin. You get to know the environment, the guards' routes, and the locations of different useful items through patience, exploration, and learning from your mistakes.

xzx
16th Nov 2012, 19:45
I think that what you're trying to say is that the games lose their appeal as you progress, because you wouldn't have realistically survived for very long if you were actually doing what 47 does? Correct me if I'm wrong. We're all kind of confused about what you're saying.

I happen like that it's Groundhog Day Assassin. You get to know the environment, the guards' routes, and the locations of different useful items through patience, exploration, and learning from your mistakes.

There are two kinds of games; one that somebody can sit beside you in fun and watch too. Then there's the horde/single players who take it as serious as life itself. This can lead to tunnel vision! (Where you're blind on the sides of your eyes!) If you see darkness on your left and right while looking forward you're infected!

Duspende .
16th Nov 2012, 20:09
There are two kinds of games; one that somebody can sit beside you in fun and watch too. Then there's the horde/single players who take it as serious as life itself. This can lead to tunnel vision! (Where you're blind on the sides of your eyes!) If you see darkness on your left and right while looking forward you're infected!

Never had that, and I've spent up to 48 hours straight playing games at LAN parties. I do sometimes get that pain if I look too much left or right, however.

chalkman
16th Nov 2012, 20:23

That's a you issue. Nothing to do with the post at hand, and how others play the game. And i seriously doubt a single person on this forum would in any way, shape, matter or form take a game as serious as life itself. If you do, you have bigger issues than playing a game, let alone one with as dark a subject matter as this. I doubt said single players also need a nanny sitting next to them making sure they don't take the game too seriously either.

xzx
16th Nov 2012, 20:35
That's a you issue. Nothing to do with the post at hand, and how others play the game. And i seriously doubt a single person on this forum would in any way, shape, matter or form take a game as serious as life itself. If you do, you have bigger issues than playing a game, let alone one with as dark a subject matter as this. I doubt said single players also need a nanny sitting next to them making sure they don't take the game too seriously either.

I just read a news article about a 13 y.o. boy who was playing 'Call of Duty - Black Ops'. His character died because his "sister was crying". He got angry and started "shaking her". He was convicted of murder.

Just remember though. A game is supposed to just be entertaining. Not hard, puzzle solving. Don't forget to not lose touch with the real world!

Duspende .
16th Nov 2012, 20:39
I just read a news article about a 13 y.o. boy who was playing 'Call of Duty - Black Ops'. His character died because his "sister was crying". He got angry and started "shaking her". He was convicted of murder.

Just remember though. A game is supposed to just be entertaining. Not hard, puzzle solving. Don't forget to not lose touch with the real world!

Implying we're all die-hard fanatics. Some people have killed in road rage, does that mean everyone who drives a black sedan is going to do the same thing?

chalkman
16th Nov 2012, 20:52
Implying we're all die-hard fanatics. Some people have killed in road rage, does that mean everyone who drives a black sedan is going to do the same thing?

Quite true.

And XZX, 13 year old shaking his sister certainly is a terrible tragedy, however we are all responsible for our actions, and that certainly extends well and beyond video games into real life.

If you examine this individual i am quite certain you will find many mitigating circumstances that all contributed to his or her lack of values and perspective, outside of the game world. COD was just the catalyst that caused the terrible result.

In short, i think we all wear the big boy pants when we play these games.

xzx
16th Nov 2012, 21:38
Quite true.

And XZX, 13 year old shaking his sister certainly is a terrible tragedy, however we are all responsible for our actions, and that certainly extends well and beyond video games into real life.

If you examine this individual i am quite certain you will find many mitigating circumstances that all contributed to his or her lack of values and perspective, outside of the game world. COD was just the catalyst that caused the terrible result.

In short, i think we all wear the big boy pants when we play these games.

He was Hispanic.

Yeah. I guess.

I'm putting together a hover board-video game building project. Anyway this game H:A is a drop-game. In which is only if you lose at a game released in 2009 on an odd month. :lmao: There's no need to play it a million times. You just have to be tested by your reactions to it. So also you SHOULD keep limitations. While also trying to expand your horizons. I just don't think you can do that by molding to a single game.

chalkman
16th Nov 2012, 21:46
Also he was left for hours alone with the infant. As a parent i can tell you that it is not a good idea to ever leave that much responsibility on someone that young.

FWIW, i never suggested that players replay the game levels at all. I'm sure many will, and players will die trying things - but agree the first play is the most organic and realistic.

xzx
16th Nov 2012, 21:55
Well. Anyway. If you WANT to MOLD or MODEL to a game. You should muscle in to a game or games released in 2008. This is also oddly the year that no new Hit Man came out!: 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006,... You're all being played for fools! :lmao: