PDA

View Full Version : A question about running and an introduction

Causton97
13th Nov 2012, 21:16
Hey guys, first I'd better introduce myself. I'm Causton97 and some of you might remember me from the Just Cause 2 forums when I was active way back in 2010?! :wave:

I've been lurking around here reading your posts... don't let the negativity bother you! I'm just as excited as you guys are about the game! Bring on November 20th! :thumb:

I haven't actually played the previous Hitman games apart from the Blood Money demo on my PC. I do know a fair bit about them, but I never actually got around to playing them - something that can easily be rectified with the HD Collection! :)

Anyway, onto my question. Can you run in this game? I have watched all the playthrough and introducing videos, but nowhere (mabye I'm blind) have I seen Agent 47 running in actual gameplay.

It doesn't particularly bother me, as I'll be sneaking around everywhere, but if I need to make a hasty exit, it could be problematic.

Oh and if you were wondering, I'm not a PC player (although I do have a Steam account that I never use), I play on my PS3. My ID is the same as on here. Feel free to drop me a friend request with hitman forums in the message and I'll be happy to add you! :cool:

Duspende .
13th Nov 2012, 21:20
Yes. Yes you can. Both while crouching and standing up. On the Xbox 360 I believe you hold down LB to "run"

Causton97
13th Nov 2012, 21:27
Awesome! I don't recall seeing it in any of the video's I've watched...

That said, I'm making sure not to watch or read anything that might spoil the opening or story of the game. So I'm basically stuck with dev playthrough's in terms of what I'm allowing myself to watch. Feel free to link me to RFYL, SOH or KOC footage from other players that show running though. If it's been shown by the devs then I don't mind!

Duspende .
13th Nov 2012, 21:29
Well I could link you to a playthrough of the tutorial level on youtube and just set the timecode to right after all the spoilers if you're interested.

Causton97
13th Nov 2012, 21:30
That'd be fine. I know about the thing with Diana and the setting of the level so no worries.

Duspende .
13th Nov 2012, 21:35
In that case: http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/13/watch-hitman-absolutions-first-level-on-purist-difficulty/

That's on purist difficulty and by far the most skilled playthrough I've seen yet. If you want one where you can actually see through the walls and have an actual hud, I have one of those aswell. Mind you, the player in the latter one is not that great.

Causton97
13th Nov 2012, 21:39
I don't mind watching in Purist mode. Either way, I still get to watch the gameplay. I don't suppose you'd mind telling me roughly when I can see the running? I don't fancy sitting through 20 minutes of video...

Duspende .
13th Nov 2012, 21:53
Oh, you want to see the running? Hmm. I might have to get back to you on that. You can see it in the RFYL playthrough, though. When he gets outside the library you can see him running to the chicken coops. That's how running looks ingame.

Molkifier
13th Nov 2012, 22:05
I don't mind watching in Purist mode. Either way, I still get to watch the gameplay. I don't suppose you'd mind telling me roughly when I can see the running? I don't fancy sitting through 20 minutes of video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QasLEHnDDlQ&feature=related

About roughly 8 minutes in, he runs a lot.
Is that what you're looking for?

Causton97
14th Nov 2012, 16:11
Brilliant! Glad to see proof that running is in the game! Not that I don't believe you Duspende! I just wanted to see it!

Thanks Molkifier!

Molkifier
14th Nov 2012, 20:40
My pleasure ;)