PDA

View Full Version : Gentlemen...

Duspende .
13th Nov 2012, 17:23
It is my pleasure to introduce myself. I am Duspende. I have always gone by this name. Everywhere. I have been monitoring these forums closely, keeping up to date with my favourite franchise of all time.

However, my previous account (Duspende) appearently did not have the sufficient priveliges to post. Being the lazy bum I am, I haven't really taken the time to sign up a new account to see if it would resolve the issue. Turns out it did.

I am indeed, extremely hyped up for Hitman: Absolution. Having watched the prologue level with all the cutscenes and the king of chinatown level. Having watched every single trailer, numerous times I am sure that Hitman: Absolution will be worth the weight (:naughty:). 6 years, to be exact.

I remember when I was 7-8 years old. I had a stepbrother who introduced me to Hitman: Silent Assassin. It was my first real PC game, and I fell deeply in love. After which I found out my friend had Codename 47, but didn't know how to play it. So we played that, and aced it. Then later, I thought the Hitman franchise was dead, so I moved on to Splinter Cell. But then it turns out, Hitman: Contracts was out. So I bought it, played it, loved it. Later on, Blood Money came out. I pre-ordered it and waited for it. I was so psyched at the new abilities like climbing pipes, shimming along ledges, punching, disarming and most of all... Hiding the bodies. So it arrived, I played it and I still play it on and off to this very day.

I remember waking up one morning to my mom informing me, that she had recieved an email regarding the new Hitman game. It was that one email with the teaser of the snake coiled around the silver baller. I was so happy. Ever since then, I have been following the development closely. I even won 2 tickets to go to IO-Interactive to be one of the first people to see the "Run for your life" playthrough.

The main point of this thread is, I see how concerned alot of you are. Will this game be worth the wait? Will it be worth the money? Will it be worth the time and effort? I can tell you all, I personally think it will be. It looks fantastic. From the playthroughs I have seen, there has been added an animation for unholstering your guns. As in he takes them out from underneath his coat. I can also reveal, without spoiling that the claims of going deep into 47's personality is true. Which may or may NOT involve flashbacks to Agent 47's childhood ;).

Jerkl is a troll, and everything he says is obnoxious and untrue. I am a die-hard Hitman fan, and I believe I speak for all of us when I say: Hitman: Absolution is going to be the greatest of them all, and it is indeed, true to the franchise.

Hope to see you all around.

P.S: IO, you did a great job. I am proud to be danish ;)

Balcony_Boy
13th Nov 2012, 17:25
It is my pleasure to introduce myself. I am Duspende. I have always gone by this name. Everywhere. I have been monitoring these forums closely, keeping up to date with my favourite franchise of all time.

However, my previous account (Duspende) appearently did not have the sufficient priveliges to post. Being the lazy bum I am, I haven't really taken the time to sign up a new account to see if it would resolve the issue. Turns out it did.

I am indeed, extremely hyped up for Hitman: Absolution. Having watched the prologue level with all the cutscenes and the king of chinatown level. Having watched every single trailer, numerous times I am sure that Hitman: Absolution will be worth the weight (:naughty:). 6 years, to be exact.

I remember when I was 7-8 years old. I had a stepbrother who introduced me to Hitman: Silent Assassin. It was my first real PC game, and I fell deeply in love. After which I found out my friend had Codename 47, but didn't know how to play it. So we played that, and aced it. Then later, I thought the Hitman franchise was dead, so I moved on to Splinter Cell. But then it turns out, Hitman: Contracts was out. So I bought it, played it, loved it. Later on, Blood Money came out. I pre-ordered it and waited for it. I was so psyched at the new abilities like climbing pipes, shimming along ledges, punching, disarming and most of all... Hiding the bodies. So it arrived, I played it and I still play it on and off to this very day.

I remember waking up one morning to my mom informing me, that she had recieved an email regarding the new Hitman game. It was that one email with the teaser of the snake coiled around the silver baller. I was so happy. Ever since then, I have been following the development closely. I even won 2 tickets to go to IO-Interactive to be one of the first people to see the "Run for your life" playthrough.

The main point of this thread is, I see how concerned alot of you are. Will this game be worth the wait? Will it be worth the money? Will it be worth the time and effort? I can tell you all, I personally think it will be. It looks fantastic. From the playthroughs I have seen, there has been added an animation for unholstering your guns. As in he takes them out from underneath his coat. I can also reveal, without spoiling that the claims of going deep into 47's personality is true. Which may or may NOT involve flashbacks to Agent 47's childhood ;).

Jerkl is a troll, and everything he says is obnoxious and untrue. I am a die-hard Hitman fan, and I believe I speak for all of us when I say: Hitman: Absolution is going to be the greatest of them all, and it is indeed, true to the franchise.

Hope to see you all around.

P.S: IO, you did a great job. I am proud to be danish ;)
Welcome to the community mate :)

Duspende .
13th Nov 2012, 17:50
On a vaguely related note; How do I get a signature?

Driber
13th Nov 2012, 18:04
Welcome :wave:

Follow the instructions here for a sig: http://forums.eidosgames.com/profile.php?do=editsignature

Duspende .
13th Nov 2012, 18:06
I am not permitted to have a signature. Bummer.

Scottyboy1990
14th Nov 2012, 01:53
hey guys. iam new to this forum just like you Duspende, and i just wanted to say that i too are a die-hard hitman fan and its great to see fellow fans that are as passionate about the game as i am,

i have also been following this forum very closely and i have seen people cancelling their pre-orders due to stupid little things and people criticizing the game on things that arent even that important, if you are a true hitman fan you will be getting the game no matter what people say and not getting the game based on reviews is pathetic, reviews are just opinions and every1 has their own, and especially DO NOT listen to "jerkl" or whatever his name was, he is quite clearly a troll.

i have seen all the playthrough levels and the game just looks spectacular, i was blown away with what they have done with it, and i cant wait for my pre-order of the professional edition on November 20th !! :D and iam sure iam not the only 1 :)

Kroids Versce
14th Nov 2012, 06:30
Yes my friends, as always it will be so dam entertaining to mess with the poor sould that are the NPCs. Wondering, have you guys seen how they react in combat?? Have you seen those pretty animations?? Have you heard those NPC dialogs?? Fantastic job as ALWAYS IOI & TY for committing yourselves once again to bringing us back our favorite anti-hero & bald-headed friend, in such beautiful presentation nonetheless, thank you all !!

Driber
14th Nov 2012, 09:11
I am not permitted to have a signature. Bummer.

When you asked, I noticed you had 3 posts, making your account eligible for sigs.

What's the problem? :scratch:

Duspende .
14th Nov 2012, 11:21
Well I read up on it, and it said; "After your first post..." so I just assumed. But I got it working now.

Balcony_Boy
14th Nov 2012, 14:34
hey guys. iam new to this forum just like you Duspende, and i just wanted to say that i too are a die-hard hitman fan and its great to see fellow fans that are as passionate about the game as i am,

i have also been following this forum very closely and i have seen people cancelling their pre-orders due to stupid little things and people criticizing the game on things that arent even that important, if you are a true hitman fan you will be getting the game no matter what people say and not getting the game based on reviews is pathetic, reviews are just opinions and every1 has their own, and especially DO NOT listen to "jerkl" or whatever his name was, he is quite clearly a troll.

i have seen all the playthrough levels and the game just looks spectacular, i was blown away with what they have done with it, and i cant wait for my pre-order of the professional edition on November 20th !! :D and iam sure iam not the only 1 :)
Welcome to the community mate i completely agree with you i hate trolls who come on here and say things like cancel your pre orders even though everyone knows this game will rock.Its just people attention seeking really because trolls get more famous now a days.

Codename7400
14th Nov 2012, 16:42
Hej med jer!

Well jumped on the bandwagon! I could not resist this forum anymore. So this is my story!

I think it was in the beginning of 2001 and I was about to go to my local Fona to buy Fifa 2001. So there I am 11 years old just bought Fifa 01 and this computer with a strange game, with a balled guy was next to me, so off course I had to try it out. I’m trying this game out and I think arhh I don’t get it. Got home played Fifa yeah! 2 weeks later it was my elder cousin’s birthday. He had this amazing game to show me. OH I’ve tried this game, it’s that balled guy. Yeah but it's about this assassin who gets money for killing criminal Chinese people. Yeah yeah! 7 hours later I was totally consumed about this game and didn't want to go home.
Then a couple of years later Hitman 2 was out. Best story to date I think. Loved the Russian missions, and best of all the Danish easter eggs, like newspaper with headlines" FCK beats Bundby". You know them all if you played these games to the bones.
Hitman Contracts great game. Favorite mission was in England. Lord Beldingford i think was one of the target names. Anyways this game was amazing in its own form.
BloodMoney swept me off my feed. Graphics, gameplay everything about the game was just a wow experience.
Hitman Absolution! What are we dealing with? A new way of marketing a game through social Medias, online gaming, haters who post idiotic posts about a game they never tried out and so on! I to have observed this very forum on a day to day basis and I must say that I laugh of those who gets taken away by rumors and trolls. Either you are not that old or you just naive.
But I can't wait for this game to come out and I think Hitman Absolution is going to be the sickest game to date ever.
So when I’m looking 12 years back being a kid playing Contracts on a desktop I will be ready to go stealth and strangle the limo driver as he is taking a piss. Hide the body in the sewer, and place the car bomb, if it happens to be the first mission.
Hitman should be played on a desktop in my opinion as it started on a desktop.

Duspende .
14th Nov 2012, 16:47
Hej med jer!

Well jumped on the bandwagon! I could not resist this forum anymore. So this is my story!

I think it was in the beginning of 2001 and I was about to go to my local Fona to buy Fifa 2001. So there I am 11 years old just bought Fifa 01 and this computer with a strange game, with a balled guy was next to me, so off course I had to try it out. I’m trying this game out and I think arhh I don’t get it. Got home played Fifa yeah! 2 weeks later it was my elder cousin’s birthday. He had this amazing game to show me. OH I’ve tried this game, it’s that balled guy. Yeah but it's about this assassin who gets money for killing criminal Chinese people. Yeah yeah! 7 hours later I was totally consumed about this game and didn't want to go home.
Then a couple of years later Hitman 2 was out. Best story to date I think. Loved the Russian missions, and best of all the Danish easter eggs, like newspaper with headlines" FCK beats Bundby". You know them all if you played these games to the bones.
Hitman Contracts great game. Favorite mission was in England. Lord Beldingford i think was one of the target names. Anyways this game was amazing in its own form.
BloodMoney swept me off my feed. Graphics, gameplay everything about the game was just a wow experience.
Hitman Absolution! What are we dealing with? A new way of marketing a game through social Medias, online gaming, haters who post idiotic posts about a game they never tried out and so on! I to have observed this very forum on a day to day basis and I must say that I laugh of those who gets taken away by rumors and trolls. Either you are not that old or you just naive.
But I can't wait for this game to come out and I think Hitman Absolution is going to be the sickest game to date ever.
So when I’m looking 12 years back being a kid playing Contracts on a desktop I will be ready to go stealth and strangle the limo driver as he is taking a piss. Hide the body in the sewer, and place the car bomb, if it happens to be the first mission.
Hitman should be played on a desktop in my opinion as it started on a desktop.

Amen.

Scottyboy1990
15th Nov 2012, 01:20
Welcome to the community mate i completely agree with you i hate trolls who come on here and say things like cancel your pre orders even though everyone knows this game will rock.Its just people attention seeking really because trolls get more famous now a days.

Thanks brother, and i agree with you on that :worship:

CAMPBELL
15th Nov 2012, 04:31
I too have been a fan of the franchise for a long time. I thought I was exited for the Blood Money release, but it doesn't even compare to the excitement I feel for Absolution. I have waited 6 long years for this game, and can't wait any longer! I need new missions! I have a countdown on my ipod as well as a red circle on my calendar. I just recently stumbled upon this forum and thought I would join, so far I'm glad I did. No one around me likes the Hitman games, so I have all this excitement bottled up inside me lol. And it seems as though I'm one of few girls that like this game. Just trying to vent my excitement!

LazyAmerican
15th Nov 2012, 05:09
gonna be a slow 5 more days ugh