PDA

View Full Version : PC - Steam option to upgrade regular copy to Augmented Edition

FunktionJCB
21st Oct 2012, 17:20
Owners of the regular PC edition of Deus Ex: HR have currently no way to upgrade to the Augmented Edition on Steam, since there's no option available. In fact, Steam doesn't even allow for someone who owns the regular edition to purchase an Augmented Edition, since it considers the game is already owned.

I own the retail Augmented Edition (who registers as the regular edition on Steam), but my special features DVD originally arrived scratched, and eventually stopped working properly. I would love to have the special features digitally, and was looking to buy them, but currently Steam doesn't even allow me to purchase a new copy of the game in its Augmented Edition, because I already own the game.

If anyone from Eidos reads this, could you please consider adding an upgrade option for those who have the regular edition, or at least allow us to purchase the Augmented Edition if the regular edition is already owned?

On a side note, it would be great if, in the future, copies of retail special editions of your upcoming titles would register on Steam as special editions, instead of normal retail copies.

Thanks

Tecman
22nd Oct 2012, 17:32
If you actually did get the retail Augmented Edition, you should own the Augmented Edition content on Steam. It should have come with one key for the game + the augmented edition content and if you're outside of the US one key for the pre-order bonuses (Europe copies came with this).

Could you check the Tools tab (click where it says All Games or Installed and switch to Tools)? I'd give you specific instructions, but I'm migrating my Steam content onto a new hard drive at the moment. :)

edit: Found an old screenshot.

http://shrani.si/f/3e/b2/4MVeOrqI/gohere.png

FunktionJCB
22nd Oct 2012, 19:21
If you actually did get the retail Augmented Edition, you should own the Augmented Edition content on Steam. It should have come with one key for the game + the augmented edition content and if you're outside of the US one key for the pre-order bonuses (Europe copies came with this).

Could you check the Tools tab (click where it says All Games or Installed and switch to Tools)? I'd give you specific instructions, but I'm migrating my Steam content onto a new hard drive at the moment. :)
I bought the UK retail Augmented Edition from Amazon.co.uk.
I received 2 keys inside the case: one for the game (which is listed on my Steam account as "Human Revolution Retail (UK Only)"), and another for the bonus content (which is listed on my Steam account as "Human Revolution Augmented Edition Pack").

I don't have any of the Augmented Edition extra digital content (besides the 2 DLCs), and there's nothing on my tools page related to Deus Ex. :(