PDA

View Full Version : Hitman Sniper Challenge - Video 'Flicker' and Texture Restriction

Desmond
19th Oct 2012, 02:14
Greetings and thanks for stopping by my post. I recently, like many of you, have pre-ordered my copy of Hitman: Absolution and eagerly await it's release. In the meantime however, we have the apparent time passer that is Hitman Sniper Challenge, or so I had hoped.

As the title would suggest, I experience a habitual video flickering when attempting to play the game. I've heard in passing of a 'stutter' related to frame drop, but I am able to maintain a high framerate; not my issue. I could sit here and explain what I experience and risk being lost in translation, or to be more exact my poor description of it. But rather than do that, I've got a video.

This video was taken on fullscreen (dedicated at that) 1440 by 900 on Ultra settings with the exception of 'Texture Quality' which has been forced to being set on 'Normal', that being my next issue which I'll cover in just a moment.

Video - Warning: May Trigger Photosensitive Response (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aokel7VQm8s)

Additionally and as mentioned, I'm forced to keep 'Texture Quality' set to 'Normal'. This isn't a critical 'game busting' issue but I want to mention in in case it helps or in case it can be solved. If I set it to anything else irregardless of other settings the game will only load until just a few seconds into the introduction cut scene, at the moment in which you can skip it which leads me to assume the moment that it finishes loading. At that point, it crashes. Aside from that I can run everything to the max, and of course get this flickering.

Of all the Hitman titles, this has the least technical exposure both by uses and staff so I expect this will not be immediately answered. I welcome any and all questions and will do my best to help garner some assistance on this issue. With that, I thank you for your time.

Defected
10th Nov 2012, 17:55
Greetings and thanks for stopping by my post. I recently, like many of you, have pre-ordered my copy of Hitman: Absolution and eagerly await it's release. In the meantime however, we have the apparent time passer that is Hitman Sniper Challenge, or so I had hoped.

As the title would suggest, I experience a habitual video flickering when attempting to play the game. I've heard in passing of a 'stutter' related to frame drop, but I am able to maintain a high framerate; not my issue. I could sit here and explain what I experience and risk being lost in translation, or to be more exact my poor description of it. But rather than do that, I've got a video.

This video was taken on fullscreen (dedicated at that) 1440 by 900 on Ultra settings with the exception of 'Texture Quality' which has been forced to being set on 'Normal', that being my next issue which I'll cover in just a moment.

Video - Warning: May Trigger Photosensitive Response (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aokel7VQm8s)

Additionally and as mentioned, I'm forced to keep 'Texture Quality' set to 'Normal'. This isn't a critical 'game busting' issue but I want to mention in in case it helps or in case it can be solved. If I set it to anything else irregardless of other settings the game will only load until just a few seconds into the introduction cut scene, at the moment in which you can skip it which leads me to assume the moment that it finishes loading. At that point, it crashes. Aside from that I can run everything to the max, and of course get this flickering.

Of all the Hitman titles, this has the least technical exposure both by uses and staff so I expect this will not be immediately answered. I welcome any and all questions and will do my best to help garner some assistance on this issue. With that, I thank you for your time.

This is why I hate pre-ordering . last game I pre-ordered would be Borderlands:2 and it turned out to be a performing mess . Now that I am subject to pre-order if I want extra items - it strikes a nerve , against these type of publishing tactics .

Guess I will wait a week or two after the game is released .

Desmond
13th Nov 2012, 22:15
I personally didn't pre-order due to the bonuses, I pre-ordered because it was slightly cheaper at the retailer and the money was available and bills paid at the time.

At any rate, the main issue is now resolved. My graphic drivers at the time of the issue were up to date, however a new version was recently released. Updating these drivers proved to clear up the issue of the 'stutter' shown in the provided video. The issue with texture quality however remains, but I'm happy and this thread can be binned.