PDA

View Full Version : cannot save game

jh451
8th Oct 2012, 12:31
Hello,

can anyone help me. I downloaded just cause 2 from steam for my pc and I cannot manually save the game. Every time I try and save it and then load I am just taken back to the last checkpoint. I would appreciate any help.

cheers,
jh451

Janmanni
8th Oct 2012, 14:08
In the beginning there are two missions you have to go through before you can actually decide where to go next (freeroam). So if you save before that, you will be in the middle of those two missions and only checkpoint saving is possible.

Just Cause 2 also doesn't have saving method where you can save and then load and continue from the exact point where you saved your game. In the world there are Strongholds which you will unlock by doing Stronghold missions. When you manually load, you will continue from that Stronghold which was closest to you when you manually saved.

jh451
10th Oct 2012, 21:31
Thanks for the reply. I did the first two missions then one of the gang missions. I think it was the panau boys take over of a nuclear power station. Since then I just roam about until I get killed. I cannot save the game during any roaming. I don't know how to get to the next mission. I always respawn at that power station with panau boys telling me to " get in ". How can I get any further. I would appreciate any more advice,

regards jh451.

Janmanni
10th Oct 2012, 23:53
You really don't have the option to manually save when you get to menu? Saving saves, for example, your destroyed Panau government objects, completion percentages, collected items, mission results and statistics. It doesn't save your exact location. The second part of my reply told that you are supposed to return to the nearest Stronghold when you load the game (or after dying).

In the beginning there are not that many Strongholds to get (In fact not very many in the whole game). That Power station is probably one if it was Stronghold takeover mission. The first is Karl Blaine's house (not really a Stronghold). So you may only have those two spawn points at the moment.

Do you have to obey those people that ask you to "get in". Because they generally hope that you do, but you don't have to. If you look at your map, you don't see any other available mission markers?

If you really can't save your game, then I don't know what to do. I don't have PC version.