PDA

View Full Version : Please fix RMT harrassment

Sagramorfoa
21st May 2014, 14:58
I have been playing the game for a little over 2 months now and enjoy everything pretty much except for the constant harassment of RMT gil sellers. There are times when I am not even logged in yet and get multiple times. If you don't blacklist immediately you get hit every 30 seconds. I average 10 reports a day now. On Exodus, there are "alphabet name" gil traders lined up at the moogle off and on all day long, the same ones I might add, delivering gold via in game mail. Reported RMT in general city chat are there for up to 72 hours after being reported. From what I have seen the efforts against this activity is akin to using a water pistol to try to put out a house fire. At issue here is harassment, cheating, a game without a level playing field and game integrity. My wife and I both play and at this point would be hard pressed to renew our subscription due to this issue.

* Stop the communication ability of the RMT by allowing whispers only from those on friend's list, fc or gm's. At least give us the option to turn it off. Take away their communication method and one step towards major diminishment would occur.
* React faster to general chat RMT notifications. It should not take 72 hours to eliminate a bot yelling gil selling in chat every 30 seconds.
* Make reporting easier, faster and automatically blacklist the player/bot when reported.
* Permanently banned accounts should have their characters deleted. Expand the blacklist as I have to delete 10 spots a day, every day; never knowing if I just unlisted an active RMT advert.
* Monitor city moogle locations consistently. Go to Exodus Gridania moogle and you will see the same alphabet gil delivery bots there all day. The same names all the time, all day long delivering gil through RMT tells me that not enough is being done to save the integrity of this game.

This is a MAJOR issue and NEEDS to start being addressed as such.

Dalyla
21st May 2014, 17:23
I could not agree more. I am constantly harassed by the gil sellers for this game. I have the same problem with my blacklist being full and before I can delete names (which may still be active, it doesn't specify) I get another 2 messages from them. I also feel that I am completely wasting my time reporting these "AMT Adverts" since it doesn't seem to change anything at all.

The above suggestions would really limit the contact they have and hopefully discourage them enough to not bother anymore.

Another suggestion would be to increase our blacklist ability and/or get rid of the limit. We shouldn't be harassed period and if we are we should have the right to block them without giving someone we already blocked the opportunity to harass us again.

I as well will not be renewing my account if there isn't a solution for this problem soon.

Sagramorfoa
22nd May 2014, 17:58
Please everyone...make comments, voice frustrations... then maybe, just maybe something serious will be done about this. This is my screen in just one minute while I was fighting before I could blacklist:
Hgfdhgf Dhgdhgfd >> WWW.W T S G G.COM -- WTS Game Gil> 1000K +5% Bonus Gil = 4.9 USD - 6.9 USD, Guaranteed our price is the cheapest. Be Smart: Pay less to get more.
Hgfdhgf Dhgdhgfd >> WWW.W T S G G.COM -- WTS Game Gil> 1000K +5% Bonus Gil = 4.9 USD - 6.9 USD, Guaranteed our price is the cheapest. Be Smart: Pay less to get more.

This HAS to bug you....We pay for the game...why is it all up to us on the front end of the battle without sufficient tools to stop the constant harassment? Please reply....let's get their attention to get some real fight going against this issue!

Buddhaman
5th Jun 2014, 17:53
I am almost full on my blacklist already from this irritating spam!
I was looking forward to FFXIV so very much, but now, with 5 days left on my trial. I am cancelling before i accidentally renew and start paying monthly.
This is the downfall of rhis game for me. I am going back and replaying earlier FF games. No monthly fees, and nobody constantly trying to sell me gil!!