PDA

View Full Version : HOW TO OBTAIN AUDIO FILES FROM THE GAME.

-Neon-
16th Sep 2012, 23:27
Hello. I've found a way to get most (if not all) the VOs and character sound effects from the game.
You'll need Gibbed's Deus Ex HR Tools (http://www.moddb.com/games/deus-ex-3/downloads/gibbeds-deus-ex-hr-tools), and this FSB Extractor (http://aezay.site11.com/aezay/fsbextractor/).

Find your HR/Missing Link folder, and copy the bigfiles to one of your user folders, like Documents or Downloads. Why? Because when you're extracting the files from them, the process will crash because some of the paths will be too long.

Now, drag bigfile.000 onto "Gibbed.DeusEx3.Unpack." This will create a folder with presumably all the actual game files.
For audio, go through and gather all the .mul files you can find. Drag these one at a time onto "Gibbed.DeusEx3.Demux," which will then produce .fsb files. Now we can get the actual audio files.

Open Fsbextractor.exe. Drag one .fsb file into the FSBExtractor window, and press F5. This will create a "dump" folder in the same directory as the extractor.exe, where you .wav and .mp3 files wait for you! (Mind you, you can only convert one file at a time, so this process if very long.)
Note that you can use one of the other tools in the Gibbed tools to open .drm files and get textures and whatnot.

I really wish the devs would release a pack of sound effects and what not, because this is REALLY tedious and would require a big community effort or a person with too much freetime to get a nicely organized pack of sound effects and voice clips.

JCpies
17th Sep 2012, 06:22
Respect. Will do this.

Zerim
17th Sep 2012, 14:25
OH MY GOD I LOVE YOU

-Neon-
17th Sep 2012, 14:32
If you guys want to make it easier for each other, we could all go through a certain number of files and then upload what've got somewhere.

JCpies
17th Sep 2012, 20:22
I'm up for this, I haven't tried it yet so I don't know how it's all distributed. Is it organised or in an entirely random order?

-Neon-
17th Sep 2012, 21:16
Most of it in bigfile.000 is random, but all files have general names once extracted.
bigfile_english.000 is all voice clips as far as I know, and has over 10k files. QQ

"0CD90705.mul" put into DeuxEx3.Demux will yield "0CD90705_0.fsb". This in turn, once put into the Extractor program, will yield a file called "WhiteC_BRK_HeavyDamageBallisti.mp3" which is a White Cop "Bark" (I'm assuming barks are exclamations) after taking Heavy Damage from Rockets, Typhoon, etc. etc. I'll upload the tools and all the files I have so far.

Zerim
18th Sep 2012, 06:44
I can't upload large amounts of data due to my horrible connection, so I won't be able to join the team.

Grihm
18th Sep 2012, 15:01
Is this an "approved" way? I mean is this an OK thing for us to do?

JCpies
18th Sep 2012, 18:58
There's nothing ethically wrong unless you're using the sounds for profit.

-Neon-
18th Sep 2012, 22:40
I've found that if you set the .mul files to open with DeuxEx3.Demux as the default program, you can select multiple files, press enter, and speed up the process as long as your computer can handle opening multiple instances of the command.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/839u6mx5g9m8diz/deus.png

EDIT: I've finally found where all the hacking sounds are located, which has been my primary objective in doing all this. You have to open "bigfile_unpack\default\pc-w\computer_hacking_a.drm" with DRMEdit.exe.
Select the sound files inside, and hit "View Object." After this, save the sounds as .mp3 (I'm assuming .wav would work too) and there you go!
If you're looking for other sound effects, I suggest you look for other .drm files that concern whatever effect you want!

JCpies
26th Sep 2012, 19:11
Lord tier.

Jerion
26th Sep 2012, 19:28
Is this an "approved" way? I mean is this an OK thing for us to do?

Eh. I'm really not in a position to be offering legal advice on behalf of the company, but personally I'd say that as long as you do not use these for any commercial reason, you're probably okay.

Grihm
27th Sep 2012, 14:31
Eh. I'm really not in a position to be offering legal advice on behalf of the company, but personally I'd say that as long as you do not use these for any commercial reason, you're probably okay.

No gosh no nothing commercial. Just want to augment my computer with a few sounds and themes and install a rainmeter theme as well when i´m confident on how it works. The soundtrack is playing 24/7 anyways on spotify etc but you can never get enough of this beautiful collection ;)

EDIT: Added question.

I found a collection with the songs from HR on Youtube, but it was all 85 files that include a lot of themes and songs not on the actual soundtrack. How is this possible and where can i find them for purchase? If i can buy an extended soundtrack as that ( if it´s possible ) it really is a must have.

Jerion
27th Sep 2012, 18:53
No gosh no nothing commercial. Just want to augment my computer with a few sounds and themes and install a rainmeter theme as well when i´m confident on how it works. The soundtrack is playing 24/7 anyways on spotify etc but you can never get enough of this beautiful collection ;)

EDIT: Added question.

I found a collection with the songs from HR on Youtube, but it was all 85 files that include a lot of themes and songs not on the actual soundtrack. How is this possible and where can i find them for purchase? If i can buy an extended soundtrack as that ( if it´s possible ) it really is a must have.

There are two different soundtracks: the short one included with the Augmented Edition and the "full" one which is available straight from the composer (Michael McCann) via Amazon. Even that edition does not include the entire array of themes, but AFAIK it's the largest officially available collection out there.

Zerim
28th Sep 2012, 10:28
I've been playing around with the files in my spare time and I must say it's awesome.

I can't for the love of me find the "Welcome home, Mr. Jensen" sound that plays when you get to Adam's apartment though. I suspect it's somewhere in the "detroit_adam_apt" files but GRR it takes so long to find it!

This really is a great resource though, so thanks again. Reminds me once again that we really need a modding team put together to fix the flaws of HR.

Someday... my dream will come true!

Grihm
28th Sep 2012, 11:47
There are two different soundtracks: the short one included with the Augmented Edition and the "full" one which is available straight from the composer (Michael McCann) via Amazon. Even that edition does not include the entire array of themes, but AFAIK it's the largest officially available collection out there.

Oh thank you. Amazon it is =)

-Neon-
28th Sep 2012, 21:44
I've been playing around with the files in my spare time and I must say it's awesome.

I can't for the love of me find the "Welcome home, Mr. Jensen" sound that plays when you get to Adam's apartment though. I suspect it's somewhere in the "detroit_adam_apt" files but GRR it takes so long to find it!

This really is a great resource though, so thanks again. Reminds me once again that we really need a modding team put together to fix the flaws of HR.

Someday... my dream will come true!

Here you go!

"Welcome home, Mister Jensen." (https://dl.dropbox.com/u/36728584/JENSEN_APT_Welcome%20home%20Mister%20Jensen.mp3)
"Re-establishing security system." (https://dl.dropbox.com/u/36728584/JENSEN_APT_Reestablishing%20security%20system.mp3)

They were in the bigfile_English unpack, as a .mul file.

bigfile_English_unpack\FFFFE081\pc-w\audio\streams\vo\eng\det1\public_address\jensen_apt

Zerim
29th Sep 2012, 04:23
Dude you are simply the BEST! Thank you so much!!

JCpies
29th Sep 2012, 09:32
Is there a full dropbox thing?

-Neon-
29th Sep 2012, 16:16
My personal dropbox is kind limited on space, but I can set up a new one for this.

Did you guys wanna sort of collaborate on this? If so I need your emails. Will upload and link to the folder soon.

Senka
30th Sep 2012, 04:33
I wouldn't recommend uploading assets from the game to dropbox, or anywhere else for that matter. Copyrights and all that.

-Neon-
2nd Oct 2012, 04:11
I wouldn't recommend uploading assets from the game to dropbox, or anywhere else for that matter. Copyrights and all that.

Should be fine as long we don't use them for commercial purposes. Should anyone from Eidos/Square request that I remove it, I will. Until then:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/aq05x5wfv7avet7/uImEjc9GX6

JCpies
2nd Oct 2012, 18:59
Just saw this, thank you loads!

Will get to work on my soundboard project.

Some of you guys know how much I love soundboards.

Respeckt for N30N everybody.

Also countless kudos to the sound engineers.

-Neon-
2nd Oct 2012, 19:46
Just saw this, thank you loads!

Will get to work on my soundboard project.

Some of you guys know how much I love soundboards.

Respeckt for N30N everybody.

Also countless kudos to the sound engineers.

I'll be adding to it weekly, if not every other day, so check back.

JCpies
2nd Oct 2012, 20:01
Ah okay. Not enough for a David Sarif soundboard at the moment, will start working on an Adam Jensen one.

[FGS]Shadowrunner
3rd Oct 2012, 13:53
Tricky one and I don't know the answers.

The right thing to do is ask permission of voice actors. Doing that though leads to union rules against waiving fees and then a definite "no". Not asking permission and crediting the voice actor could be better, if you can identify the voice actor in the bark. The laws and union rules are confusing about what constitutes PR and non-profit activities and what constitutes work.

Dentrick
6th Oct 2012, 02:41
Thank you for taking the time to upload some of the audio that everyone here loves.

I would be grateful if you would include the noise that occurs when an enemy sees Adam and goes hostile.

Such as here, right before our hero starts cursing in despair. Warning: Language

Strong, hearty, loud language.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=mEEwqJoZS9U#t=668s

-Neon-
6th Oct 2012, 18:47
Thank you for taking the time to upload some of the audio that everyone here loves.

I would be grateful if you would include the noise that occurs when an enemy sees Adam and goes hostile.

Such as here, right before our hero starts cursing in despair. Warning: Language

Strong, hearty, loud language.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=mEEwqJoZS9U#t=668s

I'm not seeing any obvious file names (HUD, alert, enemy) for where it might be, so it might be a while before I can get that for you.
If any of the others find it, I'll add it to the dropbox.

MaverickWerewolf
9th Oct 2012, 21:55
I was just dropping in to say thanks to all you guys, especially you, N30N. :P

I'm making an Adam Jensen soundset for the Infinity Engine games (Baldur's Gate series, Icewind Dale series) just for fun, and I'm eager to work on it. I need as many Jensen sound files as I can find so I can pick out what he says for all the different lines in the soundset (taking damage, badly injured, tired, selected, given a command, etc.).

Unfortunately, I don't have the funds to buy Deus Ex: HR on the PC right now (I only own it on Xbox right now). I'm waiting for another Steam sale because, as much as I'm willing to pay $60 over again for the game, I'm totally broke.

Until then, I can't get a hold of the sound files myself, so it's really great of you guys to upload these! I'll be keeping a close eye on the dropbox. :) Thanks again!

DeM
15th Oct 2012, 03:14
I can't find the "Welcome Home, Mr Jensen. You've got new messages." "Looks like that's not the only thing I've got." I don't know if I should be looking at the cutscenes or the voices. :(

samitm
10th Mar 2013, 00:06
hey guys i was wondering about the voices in the cinematics ? like this trailer ..i really need those voices ! pls help an Anonymous friend here :P http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roK7Wc6thzM

-Neon-
11th Mar 2013, 06:32
I don't think they would be in the game files.

JanteFlynn
5th Jun 2013, 08:20
I know I might aggravate some people on this forum for bumping this old thread, but where can I find Jensen's moans and groans? I've bought the game and extracted all the files into MP3 and I will upload the rar via mediafire through a youtube video. However, I did not hear Jensen's voice when he is either taking damage (fall damage) or anything misc. voices (breathing while sprinting) In addition, I did not also find the Typhoon and Icarus Landing system sfx. PS: THIS IS SUMMER, I AM WILLING TO DO THIS!

-Neon-
5th Jun 2013, 17:09
All the files? I was going for 100 files a day and that would've taken like a month to go through. Kudos to you if you really did it all.
I've not much better to do, so I'll go through em and look for em. (Although, I do know that I've deleted some of the Typhoon explosion sounds, as I wasn't really interested in them.)

JanteFlynn
8th Jun 2013, 07:45
All the files? I was going for 100 files a day and that would've taken like a month to go through. Kudos to you if you really did it all.
I've not much better to do, so I'll go through em and look for em. (Although, I do know that I've deleted some of the Typhoon explosion sounds, as I wasn't really interested in them.)

Did you find Jensen's moans and groans? Like breathing while sprinting and his death cry when the life gauge goes down. If so, where did you find it?

-Neon-
8th Jun 2013, 16:22
http://i39.tinypic.com/23gy0yh.png
That's 10k files I've yet to go through, lol. I haven't found any in that main folder [bigfile_English_unpack\FFFFE081\__UNKNOWN\mul], but you could try looking in "bigfile_English_unpack\FFFFE081\pc-w\audio\streams\vo\eng"

JanteFlynn
17th Jun 2013, 02:50
http://i39.tinypic.com/23gy0yh.png
That's 10k files I've yet to go through, lol. I haven't found any in that main folder [bigfile_English_unpack\FFFFE081\__UNKNOWN\mul], but you could try looking in "bigfile_English_unpack\FFFFE081\pc-w\audio\streams\vo\eng"

Found it, its in Det1 folder. BTW I've been trying to find the audio for the Missing Link DLC, but however, when I extract the Big file, I end up extracting the same files from Human Revolution O_o. Did you ever try extracting from the DLC and get similar problems?

chechof
12th Aug 2013, 09:18
I find myself now doing a fan made trailer and was wondering about http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6WFuP11cs4 0:07 voice, they used it without the background music of the cut-scene where she says that
in-game, then i found this thread about extracting voices and it worked great! But everything points to the fact that i am 100% unable to get dialogue SFX from cut-scenes of the game. It's like they had the cut-scene's audio files separated from the video files back then to make that trailer i just linked, oh well :( , if someone finds out a cutscene sound effect feel free to notify me :thumb:

scottnrogers
3rd Apr 2014, 10:00
The following take converting .fsb to .mp3 (http://www.idealshare.net/audio-converter/fsb-converter.html) as an example. It also applies to convert FSB to WAV, WMA, AAC, M4A and etc.

Jambo_11
24th Apr 2014, 01:01
I've extracted some of the .fsb files, but when I convert them to MP3, they all have a bitrate of only 96kbps.

Why are the extracted music files of such poor quality?

Has any one else experienced this?

ResidentX
11th May 2014, 03:20
Are you guys still looking for people to help with this? I was listening to some of these and some of my favorite sounds aren't in the dropbox collection. Burke voice stuff is missing(Missing Link). Keitner is missing. "Where'd you go?" "Make the call" ...the belltower security stuff and the thug conversations like "Die you augbastard" and crazy nonsense. This gets pushed up on my to do list. This game is just amazing. Every day I'm learning something new about this game.

ResidentX
17th May 2014, 00:09
This is work...requires major space too!

I guess these files posted in the DropBox are the just DE:HR not the DE:HR:Director's Cut. I went through them and didn't the files I was looking for. Someone really needs to post a map for these files.

Is anyone having problems with this FSB tool? I opened the first big000 file but it won't open the others when I drop them on the unpack tool.