PDA

View Full Version : Sneaky Hackin - Wow, didn't even know you could do this...

sonicsidewinder
11th Sep 2012, 19:12
A problem i have with video games is when information is displayed on loading screens etc, but you can't read it all as the loading happens too fast. Happens a lot with older games due to better modern tech, and faster loading. But it happens with modern games too like HR too. Probs cus it's a console game. There should be a feature to confirm when you want to leave the loading screen. I mean, HR displays story info as well as hints on the loading screens.

Anyway, I managed to glimpse a 'hint' of which i've never seen before. I remember before the game was released there was talk about being able to 'look around' while hacking, so you could keep track of the baddies. Totally forgot about this. I remember when first playing thinking "What happened to that?"

But yeah, you can actually do this. Holding middle mouse while you hax, you can look around!

I uhh...Never knew that...

EricaLeeV
11th Sep 2012, 19:14
I played it on PS3 and whenever you hack you just press the triggers to look around. :p

....or was it the right stick...

sonicsidewinder
11th Sep 2012, 19:59
I feel like such a noob right now.

vallux
11th Sep 2012, 20:55
You're usually safe if you manage to quit hacking before they hit hostile. Or they just say something like "that's not yours" and shoot you in the head. Jeez.

no149
11th Sep 2012, 21:00
I'm totally with you about the loading screen's short display duration. It especially bothered me when I was reading about the story and the next moment my eyes were looking at the game suddenly.

And I learnt about that sneaky hacking thing the same way. Although I never found it to be of much use.

promitafhea
23rd Sep 2012, 13:54
Interesting…

ZakKa89
24th Sep 2012, 15:43
mind is blown

KenTWOu
18th Oct 2012, 10:04
OMG! I didn't know this! Another proof that this game is very very good.

neoWilks
18th Oct 2012, 20:58
I just want to know why I can't operate a keyboard while crouching. Every time you interact with a computer, Adam feels it's necessary to get up and press his nose to the screen. People can see you now, Adam...

Umodian
18th Oct 2012, 21:17
You can also move your head around during some of the more "important" conversations, thought it was a nice touch.

3rdmillhouse
20th Oct 2012, 21:26
I only found out about that after my 3rd playthrough. I'm not a very smart man.