PDA

View Full Version : FFVII Controller Issues

member_10187474
15th Aug 2012, 01:12
Is anyone having the issue when you start the game the controls go nuts? I cant do anything because the cursor keeps flipping back and forth between new and load game. Ive tried changing the defaults and unplugging my 360 controller, but nothing seems to work. Im using a Logitech G15-if that makes a difference.

Thanks

member_10549497
16th Aug 2012, 12:49
I'm having the same issue using a Saitek Eclipse keyboard. If you've been able to figure this out, please let me know! =]

thecoldmage
16th Aug 2012, 15:19
I have a USB-PS2 game controller adapter I've used on a lot of games. I was able to get the game to recongnize the controller in the settings and set up the buttons, but for some reason the controller doesn't work in game.

If anyone has gotten a controller to work for their game or has any suggestions I'd really appreciate some advice.

thecoldmage
16th Aug 2012, 17:19
I have a USB-PS2 game controller adapter I've used on a lot of games. I was able to get the game to recongnize the controller in the settings and set up the buttons, but for some reason the controller doesn't work in game.

If anyone has gotten a controller to work for their game or has any suggestions I'd really appreciate some advice.

I'm going to answer my own question. I couldn't ever find a way for the game itself to recognize the controller. However there are plenty of applications that exist that let you bind gamepad controller buttons to keyboard keys. I found one called Joy2Key that works just fine. You just assign the buttons on the gamepad to the keys that the game uses for the keyboard and you can play the game with a controller.

Tylorick
16th Aug 2012, 17:48
I'm using a wired 360 controller and my game had no trouble detecting it.

DeadCell223-276455
16th Aug 2012, 18:08

anyone know what my directionals arent working on my xbox 360 wireless?

Tylorick
16th Aug 2012, 18:49

anyone know what my directionals arent working on my xbox 360 wireless?

Forwhatever reason, the game doesn't detect the D-Pad or the L/R triggers. I just bound movement to the left joystick.

GR33N3LIT3
17th Aug 2012, 21:04
My wired Xbox 360 controller is being recognized by my computer (light on Xbox guide button is on, and I've used it to play games on Steam before) but Final Fantasy 7 isn't recognizing it... http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-cry.gif

GR33N3LIT3
17th Aug 2012, 22:18
Just kidding, you have to set up the (Xbox 360) controller in the booting menu where it says 'Joystick', after resigning into your Square Enix account. Controller works like a charm! :)

Pandadoll
18th Aug 2012, 13:55
Posted this another forum, but when I had that problem some reason unplugging my webcam fixed it. Odd I know.

member_10549497
18th Aug 2012, 16:33
The problem just randomly fixed itself yesterday... not really sure what happened because I didn't change any of my configurations. /shrug, just happy I can play now!

Galaxy041986
23rd Aug 2012, 17:22
Hello,
I have a logitech dual action controller. When I go to the joystick menu under settings for FF7, it will let me change around all the buttons but the movement buttons. I am stuck using the analog stick and I would much prefer to use the D pad. Is there a way to switch the movement from the analog stick to the D pad?

tir43l
23rd Aug 2012, 18:15
Do you have the profiler from logitech? See if that helps.

copper
23rd Aug 2012, 19:13
The FF7 joystick config tool isn't picking up some of my gamepad buttons. Actually, it looks like it's only recognizing the first nine buttons. The rest of the buttons just won't register.

I'm using a PSone controller, connected via USB through one of those chinese converter boxes you get from ebay. It's correctly calibrated in Windows, and works fine with every other game. Been using it this way for maybe 10 years. It seems to be just FF7 that has issues.

Anyone know a work around? I'd really like to map "Start" to the correct button, but unfortunately that's button 10 on my pad, and it's just not registering. >_<

jt2414-281443
23rd Aug 2012, 19:59
I would call them to see if you controller is supported.

310-846-0345 Option 3

copper
23rd Aug 2012, 21:27
No thanks, that sounds like an utter waste of time. As I said, I was actually hoping somebody knew of a work-around. Most of the buttons work. I don't think this is an issue of whether or not the controller is "supported" ... intuitively, it seems like it is probably caused by some buggy or ill-conceived programming construct. I'm curious if anyone else has run into the same thing?

thecoldmage-283053
23rd Aug 2012, 21:58
i had a similar issue getting a controller to work for me. I found a program called Joy2Key. It allows you to bind keyboard buttons to your gamepad. So you can play with your controller and the game things its the keyboard.

Izrafiel
28th Aug 2012, 16:20
Well I have similiar problem but with Speedlink Strike FX wireless gamepad. I can change controls (except D-pad) in the menu but I can't use controller in the game. Kayboard only. Anyone can help me ?