PDA

View Full Version : Main theme: Icarus - what are the lyrics?

seanspotatobiz
3rd Sep 2012, 13:06
There's some chanting during Icarus - has anyone any idea what the lyrics are? Perhaps they're not relevant but I'm curious.

no149
3rd Sep 2012, 13:44
I don't understand even a single word of the lyrics and it already mesmerizes me. I suppose it is in greek given the song's title and the frequent references to greek mythology throughout the game.

Ilves
3rd Sep 2012, 14:05
Always sounded like generic soundbank synth syllables to me. :scratch:

edit: right, some phrases are genuinly sung. No idea what language though. Any Greeks in the house?

JCpies
3rd Sep 2012, 14:11
It has lyrics?

El_Bel
3rd Sep 2012, 14:36
I'm Greek and no the lyrics are not in greek.

First she says "Eeee Iiii Soooo Moooo Soooon Miiii Eeeess" (E like Energy, I like Instant)

The second time she sings it's "Ooooo Siiiiiii Aaaaaaaaa, Ooooo Siiii Aaaaa..."

So it's giberish.

Jerion
3rd Sep 2012, 17:17
Always sounded like generic soundbank synth syllables to me. :scratch:

edit: right, some phrases are genuinly sung. No idea what language though. Any Greeks in the house?

I recognize (and have used) some of the sampled vocal washes that are used in other places in the soundtrack. I think that here, it's not originally recorded lyrics so much as very carefully mixed and overlaid vocal samples. It's masterfully done though.

no149
4th Sep 2012, 11:45
Whatever those sounds are, real vocals or synthesized sounds, they send high-frequency chills down to my brain, arm, body and leg nerves and make me totally mesmerized. Words can't describe the exact feeling I get, it just makes me want to cry. :(

Eveybody Lies and Icarus are beyond this earth, they don't belong to this world , they are simply heaven-sent.

God, I love these tunes.