PDA

View Full Version : DE4 The Australian Civil War?

Falcon084
1st Sep 2012, 03:29
http://82.imagebam.com/download/Nw_gGwBDhy8XD1yyjpFTqw/20859/208584150/Aus1.png
DEHR Spoiler Warning!
While some elements of this is kind of stupid, (South Australia taking control of half of Australia is the equivalent of Iowa taking NY and Washington DC lol) the Aussie Civil war sounds like a cool idea for the next Deus Ex.

It has been built up in the book Icarus Effect, the game DEHR, and also in Missing Link, in newspaper articles, Elisa Cassan, E-mails and radio.

Could the Australian Civil War be Deus Ex 4?

A couple of facts if you know nothing about Australia:

Australia comprises a land area of about 7.692 million square kilometres, so there is plenty of game room lol.

It's hard to see on the map but the capitol (Our Washington DC) is a small territory marked ACT (Australian Capitol Territory) in the southern part of NSW. In the ACT th City of Canberra holds our real government. ASIO the Australian Secret Intelligence Organisation is here, or so they say.

The Northern Territory, most of Western Australia, a large portion of NSW and Queensland is Desert.

Quensland is tropical, doesn't have winter and its Cities Brisbane and the Goldcoast are full of the rich and infamous.

NSW does get winters and ruddy cold ones at that! Sydney Australia (below pic{I'd love to see it cyberpunked!}) has about 5 million people in it and there is a nuclear reactor built in a residential area. Good thing we don't get earthquakes. It has a cool monorail, I was born there. It also has our main financial area, suburb where houses cost no less that 10 million, and hosts the Australasian Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence. Also Sydney's National Bionic Vision Australia is working of an working together to develop a bionic eye that can restore sight to the blind!

Tasmania is a green Forest state that snows a lot. It is also run completely on Hydro power and wind turbines. I've been near them and they'd make an excellent infiltration mission to save us from what ever the Illuminati has done to it.

Victoria has a lot of farming land, and there is a Cybernetic Research lab in it's city of Melbourne in real life.

Adelaide in South Australia has a research department that's sole function is posthumanism H+ basically "Deus Ex Machina."

I don't know a lot about Perth it's so far away it could be a myth :rolleyes:

We spell stuff different to the USA, the average heat in the NT desert (we call it the Outback) is around 45C all year round (roughly 109F).

Somehow I think we will see our Russian Juggernaut Collective friend Gavin Quinn (Bratan) when we get there. Given what he says at the end of DEHR.

HYRON PROJECT:

A single Hyron Project is an quantum supercomputer enhanced by human drones called Hydra. The Drones, you can find in the Missing Link, have been augmented to be plugged into the Hydra effectively turning it into an AI.

One of these Hydra Super Computers is in Ayers Rock, Northern Territory, Australia. You can see a map of it in Missing Link.

http://63.imagebam.com/download/jVhfUutBxrP-QFzbXp0Ymw/20863/208627246/640px-Hyronaustralia.png

Ayers Rock, known in Aboriginal as Uluru is the largest rock on Earth and some scientists believe that it may have been the catalyst that wiped out the dinosaurs. While it is massive above land it goes for miles underneath.

What do you think of my theory for DE4?

sonicsidewinder
1st Sep 2012, 03:59
I havn't even been arsed playing Missing Link.

Am I a badman?

Jerion
1st Sep 2012, 04:18

Am I a badman?

Yes. You are the badman. You must fight to protect Gotham from...err, charity...and...

Yeah, that pun-line is going nowhere.

Moral of the story: TML is really cheap these days, go and play it. It's not going to take any kind of significant bite out of your year's-end gaming budget.

sonicsidewinder
1st Sep 2012, 05:00
Yes. You are the badman. You must fight to protect Gotham from...err, charity...and...

Yeah, that pun-line is going nowhere.

Moral of the story: TML is really cheap these days, go and play it. It's not going to take any kind of significant bite out of your year's-end gaming budget.

lmfao.

I guess it's made worse by the fact I do own it; but just have never been bothered to try it.

Effort in replaying HR to get to the point where you'd want to play the DLC.

*begins moaning on how should have been part of the game to begin with*

Yeah, i've heard how the boss fights are supposed to be better, but still. It's like...too late, a bit?

I'll play it one day...one year...sometime...

Jerion
1st Sep 2012, 06:00
Well...if it were structured differently, sure, I'd understand/accept that. But it's self-contained, a condensed, miniaturized, 5-6 hour dose of DX:HR, polished end-to-end and with attention to details that were missed the first time around in the base game. Go on, play it, use it to welcome in the upcoming run of new games. :)

JCpies
1st Sep 2012, 09:51

Am I a badman?

I basically forgot about it because it's unsatisfying playing on low settings. :(

Err, I think we took this thread off topic.

Australia would be a cool setting, I don't see Deus Ex working as open world or anything similar to the new Metal Gear Solid open world game, but visiting hub or infiltrating a compound in Australia we could see.

hybridex
1st Sep 2012, 14:31
[CENTER]

While some elements of this is kind of stupid, (South Australia taking control of half of Australia is the equivalent of Iowa taking NY and Washington DC lol) the Aussie Civil war sounds like a cool idea for the next Deus Ex.

What do you think of my theory for DE4?

Sounds good for a chapter within DX4, but should not be based for it entirety. My hope and dream for DX4 is a full-length continuation of Adam Jensen story which the final ending of HR kinda eludes too with the nanonite project in the conversation between Megan and "Bob." So, if this would be the case, I would die a happy man. Also, along with a possibility of a prequel DLC with Adam in Mexicantown (I am developing a formal letter to Eidos for) that would tell Adam's story leading up to Sarif Industry. Wishful thinking.. right? Haaa!

Falcon084
1st Sep 2012, 14:56
Sounds good for a chapter within DX4, but should not be based for it entirety. My hope and dream for DX4 is a full-length continuation of Adam Jensen story which the final ending of HR kinda eludes too with the nanonite project in the conversation between Megan and "Bob." So, if this would be the case, I would die a happy man. Also, along with a possibility of a prequel DLC with Adam in Mexicantown (I am developing a formal letter to Eidos for) that would tell Adam's story leading up to Sarif Industry. Wishful thinking.. right? Haaa!

A good hub would be SA Occupied Sydney.
http://thumbnails56.imagebam.com/20860/e98948208592950.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/e98948208592950)
Australia has plenty of room for a rocket launch, and there is another Hydra being built on the moon.

As there is always a asian hub in DE games Singapore is just 137km north west of AUS and it'd make a cool hub. It has the fifth most busiest port, and it already looks pretty futurisic.

http://80.imagebam.com/download/bFVs4lQtCTbbo1OlsKxCxQ/20872/208713984/Singapore.jpg

I do like your Mexicantown idea. Maybe a flashback as you wont be able to use Augs in it.

Oh and thanks to you and the guy above you for getting this back on track :thumb:

hybridex
1st Sep 2012, 17:11
Wow..! Now those are some captivating prints and views.. Sydney, AUS is on my list for a future tour. Reminds me of the first when I looked out and down onto Upper Hengsha from TYM and also from the elevator heading up to the penthouse. Some nice views. Really depicts and adds on to the imagination of the environments in 2027. Not to go off the tangent, but the view of Montreal from Picus is also captivating. What's up with Detriot in DXHR, though?? Just because it's was the #1 sorriest place to live in America (crime-wise) and now up one to currently #2 (real-life reporting from Yahoo; not that anybody cares), it didn't have to be so gloomy of an environment in DXHR.. or should I say, ghetto-like. Haaa!

Ok, back on track. Are both pics of Sidney or the second bigger one of Singapore?

JCpies
1st Sep 2012, 18:30
Personally I want to see the team's take on London, it was already hinted at in Icarus Effect for Jaron's home.

Maybe I'm biased.

What's up with Detriot in DXHR, though?? Just because it's was the #1 sorriest place to live in America (crime-wise) and now up one to currently #2 (real-life reporting from Yahoo; not that anybody cares), it didn't have to be so gloomy of an environment in DXHR.. or should I say, ghetto-like. Haaa!

Deus Ex is cyberpunk after all, and well it's not like Detroit is the most developed place in the USA.

Livesundersink
2nd Sep 2012, 14:42
Minor correction to the previous two posters it's spelt Sydney, no offence but it's almost painful for me to read it misspelt. being an aussie i loved all of the references to Australia in the game, some of which may have been loosely based on real events, example when i first moved in to my current home in 2006 a school teacher was involved in a stand off with police for a number of hours after it was revealed he had a large amount of explosives, this happened not far from my house and a number of people were evacuated. This all happened in the city of Brisbane the capital of Queensland. Brisbane is mentioned in a newspaper article in the game, i first recall reading the in-game article just after arriving at Picus in Montreal. The article refers to a raid in Brisbane where a number of weapons and other items were seized. The only disagreement i had with the references to Australia in the game was an email i found in Picus sent from John Howard former Prime Minister, whilst he could still be alive in 2027 if he were he would be 88 years old. I'm not sure of many people that age who accurately follow what's going on in the world, personally i would have chosen someone else. That's my two cents on this subject.

hybridex
2nd Sep 2012, 15:44
Personally I want to see the team's take on London, it was already hinted at in Icarus Effect for Jaron's home.

Maybe I'm biased.

Oh no.. not at all. London.. oh yeah. I think that's a good call. I would like to see that as well. Ever played "The Getaway?" Not sure how much it accurately depicts London, but I had loads of fun touring in free ride. Speaking of Icarus effect, that would be quite enjoyable to read if I am a reader. Unfortunately, I'm the one.. who would rather watch it on film or movie instead of reading something, but I'm sure it's good.

...well it's not like Detroit is the most developed place in the USA.

Thought this to be a bit amusing. Courtesy of Yahoo's AP..

Man has to try twice to get arrested in Detroit

DETROIT (AP) — A man suspected of fatally shooting two men and seriously wounding two others had to turn himself in twice before Detroit police would arrest him, authorities said.

Detroit police said the 36-year-old man got into an argument at a party on Saturday, retrieved a gun and opened fire. Four people were shot, and two died. The man turned himself in at a fire station about two hours later, and fire officials called police, but no officers turned up.

Police said in a statement that "due to area patrol units being busy handling high priority runs, no units were dispatched to the location."

The man eventually went to a police station, where he was arrested.

Going off the tangent here as far as the thread discussion, but thought since we brought up Detriot. So, there are higher priorities going on than shots fired killing 2 people and wounding others.. Wow, really..?!

Minor correction to the previous two posters it's spelt Sydney, no offence..

Misspelling.. what misspelling..? Haaa! Speaking of Australia, how's the US Marines doing over there.. they causing any ruckus yet?

Raxxman
3rd Sep 2012, 03:16
http://82.imagebam.com/download/Nw_gGwBDhy8XD1yyjpFTqw/20859/208584150/Aus1.png
DEHR Spoiler Warning!

Eh I think you missed the point, the South Australia Federation side consists of SA, NSW, Tas, Victoria (IE the majority of the Oz population), not just South Australia.

The conflict is proxy war, in (game) reality it's China (the North) vs the USA (Belltower + the Oz down south). It's essentially an invasion by another politically correct name.

The major element which is stupid is that it's fought over oil. Australia has one of the richest mineral wealths in the world, Edios didn't need to make up a fake oil in Antarctica for a reason for the big guns to fight over Australia.

The war would be a great setting imo, you could easily have Sydney or(and) Melbourne representing the US corporate occupied South and 'Fortress Brisbane' representing a Chinese occupied North. Throw in another faction wanting a return to Australian freedom from both forces and bingo, you have all the needed elements for a down and dirty Cyberpunk campaign.

Falcon084
3rd Sep 2012, 17:00
Wow..! Now those are some captivating prints and views.. Sydney, AUS is on my list for a future tour. Reminds me of the first when I looked out and down onto Upper Hengsha from TYM and also from the elevator heading up to the penthouse. Some nice views. Really depicts and adds on to the imagination of the environments in 2027. Not to go off the tangent, but the view of Montreal from Picus is also captivating. What's up with Detriot in DXHR, though?? Just because it's was the #1 sorriest place to live in America (crime-wise) and now up one to currently #2 (real-life reporting from Yahoo; not that anybody cares), it didn't have to be so gloomy of an environment in DXHR.. or should I say, ghetto-like. Haaa!

Ok, back on track. Are both pics of Sidney or the second bigger one of Singapore?

Singapore is No.2. and I'm happy you like my hometown :)

Livesundersink
4th Sep 2012, 07:07
Surprisingly the Marines here are behaving themselves, i believe high up they might have been told to do so cause some of them have given the Marines a bad name in other countries such as Japan and South Korea, getting into trouble and getting a slap on the wrist and all that.

Falcon084
4th Sep 2012, 21:37
Took me a while to find one of these pics online
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110813181728/deusex/en/images/7/7e/DXHR_NSF_Picus.png

hybridex
5th Sep 2012, 15:43
Sweet..! More Belltowers and other bad guys to take out in Australia, I'm in!

Falcon084
5th Sep 2012, 19:46
Sweet..! More Belltowers and other bad guys to take out in Australia, I'm in!

:D

This is Brisbane
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/54/Brisbane_from_Kangaroo_Point.jpg/800px-Brisbane_from_Kangaroo_Point.jpg

and Adelaide the main city of South Australia
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/22/Adelaide_ten_frame_infobox_image.jpg

hybridex
6th Sep 2012, 03:06
Those are some magnificent views. Thank you for sharing.. Just makes you forget about the world for a moment.. how messed up a lot of places on our planet are nowadays. Yet, with pics like those, it helps to bring back to realize how incredible people could be.. that we are capable of creating such wonders and not just kill and destroy things.. that there are a lot of Earth's natural majesties still exist amidst the ruins that we human brought upon ourselves. You're allright.. :-). I appreciate the beautiful pics. I worked with some Aussies and some of the tougher and humble bunch I had the pleasure of working with. Although, I believe one lovely Sheila who broke my heart is from Bisbane. Haaa!

Raxxman
6th Sep 2012, 10:46
[QUOTE=Falcon084;1795589]:D

This is Brisbane
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/54/Brisbane_from_Kangaroo_Point.jpg/800px-Brisbane_from_Kangaroo_Point.jpg

More precisely that's Brisbane city center from Kangaroo point. I climb there all the time.

if you want some pictures to capture the cyberpunk mood, may I present you

Brisbane at night (similar location, Kangaroo point, just at the foot of the cliff) http://paradiseintheworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Brisbane-Night.jpg

I'm not sure, but I think this one is off story bridge

http://www.chriscourt.net/art/downtown_brisbane_800.jpg

Brisbane is ecletic in it's design, swanky nearly all glass modern high rises with searchlights beaming out from the roof stand next to colonial houses who in turn stand next to 60s style plain concrete high rises.

But one thing I will say about it, Brisbane is small.

Falcon084
6th Sep 2012, 21:41
[QUOTE=Falcon084;1795589]:D

This is Brisbane

More precisely that's Brisbane city center from Kangaroo point. I climb there all the time.

if you want some pictures to capture the cyberpunk mood, may I present you

Brisbane at night (similar location, Kangaroo point, just at the foot of the cliff) http://paradiseintheworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Brisbane-Night.jpg

I'm not sure, but I think this one is off story bridge

http://www.chriscourt.net/art/downtown_brisbane_800.jpg

Brisbane is ecletic in it's design, swanky nearly all glass modern high rises with searchlights beaming out from the roof stand next to colonial houses who in turn stand next to 60s style plain concrete high rises.

But one thing I will say about it, Brisbane is small.

Considering that the game is in the future I'd say Brisbane and most of the Gold Coast would a connected into a mega city!
Awesome pics BTW!

hybridex
7th Sep 2012, 03:36
Sweet.. very nice. Looks a lot better than Detroit at night, for sure..

Falcon084
22nd Oct 2012, 04:43
Another thing that could be added to the game is a new American army base Obama negotiated last year to be built in the Northern Territory. This could easily be used to bring back our FEMA baddies into the next game.

3rdmillhouse
22nd Oct 2012, 13:57
Another thing that could be added to the game is a new American army base Obama negotiated last year to be built in the Northern Territory. This could easily be used to bring back our FEMA baddies into the next game.

I don't think that would be possible, since the Northern Territory is being controlled by Chinese-simpathyzing separatists.

Falcon084
22nd Oct 2012, 21:29
I don't think that would be possible, since the Northern Territory is being controlled by Chinese-simpathyzing separatists.

I doubt that the Iluminati are all Americans, there would probably be a member from China, Australia, etc. A global conspiracy.
The Iluminati want to control the world not just the USA.

That said; it could end up a rescue/liberation mission to free American prisoners, or to discover the bases true purpose: the building of a Hydra super computer that of-course the Chinese want to control.