PDA

View Full Version : University Project - Some questions to players of DEUS EX

Stefani
30th Aug 2012, 23:12
Boa noite pessoal
Sou estudando da Universidade Anhembi Morumbi.
Estou fazendo meu projeto de conclusão de curso.
Estamos delimitando qual é o público que queremos atingir com o nosso projeto.
Mas para isso, preciso saber algumas coisas sobre este jogo.

Alguém poderia me responder algumas perguntas?

Gostaria de saber por qual motivo levou você a jogar o DEUS EX?
O que prendeu sua atenção? Foi a trilogia, a história?
Qual a sua idade?

Desde já agradeço.

Att,
Stefani R.
Email: stefani.rosario@gmail.com

AlexOfSpades
30th Aug 2012, 23:26
Olá Stefani.

Eu posso te ajudar, me envie uma PM ou me adicione no steam (AlexOfSpades) ou fale comigo através do meu email alexofspades@gmail.com

Infelizmente, as regras do fórum pedem que falamos exclusivamente em inglês, então temo que esse tópico eventualmente será trancado.

You have to speak in english otherwise the Moderators will lock this up!

Lady_Of_The_Vine
31st Aug 2012, 00:02
You have to speak in english otherwise the Moderators will lock this up!

Yes please... it's the language that the majority here understand. :thumb:

__

Basically, Stefani is studying at Anhembi Morumbi University and is completing a project.

Could we answer the following questions:

What reason did you choose to play DX:HR?
What caught your attention about the game? Was it the trilogy, the story? etc.
How old are you?

xaduha
31st Aug 2012, 01:52
Hehe, I've bought Deus Ex because it was Unreal engine game.
I was playing UT at that time in a Software Renderer mode, you see :nut:

It was certainly before September 2001, I had Celeron 400Mhz S370, S3-Trio 3D/2X video card and a drop of RAM, 128Mb maybe?
It was impossible to play, stealth was the only way to go, I just would not survive any serious action.
Swap file, a blessing and a curse.
I had to take out a foe with a single headshot from a shotgun or else...
Good times :lol:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ru/thumb/e/e2/PNG_Mendocino333MHzSocket370.png/220px-PNG_Mendocino333MHzSocket370.png

But even so, the world, the music, depth of it all, the game caught me off-guard.

I did enjoy IW, partly because I've played it for the first time years after the game was released and hardware was more than adequate. Unified texture pack from John P, female protagonist and a tonfa :thumb:

HR was fine, let's leave it at that. I'm 28 years old now, so I was around 18 then.

Stefani
4th Sep 2012, 00:23
Guys, thanks for the help.
Once I'm more questions, speak with you.

Stefani
11th Sep 2012, 01:18
Hi people,
Answer this questionnaire, please.

Link:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?fromEmail=true&formkey=dFQ2dXZjX21OTGFiVjd2enRDS0VlOXc6MQ

Tks...

Lady_Of_The_Vine
11th Sep 2012, 07:07
^
Watch those double-posts, Stafani.

How's it going anyway, have you had plenty of questionnaires completed?

no149
11th Sep 2012, 11:50
OK, I'll answer the questions for what it's worth:

Well, kinda difficult to pick only one reason. The principal reason though would be the theme. Well not really that simple...

After watching Blade Runner I went researching about its theme and story , at which point I learned about the Cyberpunk genre and by looking for games under that genre, I came upon Deus Ex the original.

I bought the game and started playing it quickly and passed a few missions and even though I quite liked the gameplay and the extensive interaction, I couldn't feel the atmosphere of the game and the story so after finding about the HR I hesitated to continue playing the game as eagerly.
Finding about the next version of the game led me to research about it; So the next stimulus to play HR, would be the screenshots (sounds silly? whatever) and how it reminded me of Blade Runner environments , the colors and the general mood in the pictures really pushed me further to play the HR first and continue playing the original afterwards. Oh well, turns out I'm too attached to the game's specific similarities to the move Blade Runner because of its already often discussed atmosphere (not just graphics), and I can't immerse myself in the original game as much.

So I really think the definitive answer would be the Blade Runner effect.

What caught your attention about the game? Was it the trilogy, the story? etc.
Same question as the previous one really, just reworded.

How old are you?

Zerim
11th Sep 2012, 12:15
OK, I'll answer the questions for what it's worth:

Well, kinda difficult to pick only one reason. The principal reason though would be the theme. Well not really that simple...

After watching Blade Runner I went researching about its theme and story , at which point I learned about the Cyberpunk genre and by looking for games under that genre, I came upon Deus Ex the original.

I bought the game and started playing it quickly and passed a few missions and even though I quite liked the gameplay and the extensive interaction, I couldn't feel the atmosphere of the game and the story so after finding about the HR I hesitated to continue playing the game as eagerly.
Finding about the next version of the game led me to research about it; So the next stimulus to play HR, would be the screenshots (sounds silly? whatever) and how it reminded me of Blade Runner environments , the colors and the general mood in the pictures really pushed me further to play the HR first and continue playing the original afterwards. Oh well, turns out I'm too attached to the game's specific similarities to the move Blade Runner because of its already often discussed atmosphere (not just graphics), and I can't immerse myself in the original game as much.

So I really think the definitive answer would be the Blade Runner effect.

Have you played the Blade Runner video game by Westwood Studios? It's one of my favorite games of all time, simply because it gets the BR atmosphere down so well.

no149
12th Sep 2012, 15:27
Judging it by the screenshots and the fact tha soundtrack is pretty much same as the move, I might give it a try, I just hope the poor graphics don't harm the experience much.