PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy IX for PC?

IrishGiant54-320338
23rd Aug 2012, 11:06
Think there's any chance they'll make IX available to download for PC like they did with VII? i'd love to be able to download and play it all over again! Particularly since i dont have a playstation anymore =/

Airfoiled
23rd Aug 2012, 12:00
I doubt it. They originally released VII and VIII on PC alongside (or shortly after) the PSX release. IX was never a PC game so I don't think they'll go back and make it into one.

Foodperson
23rd Aug 2012, 12:03
Think there's any chance they'll make IX available to download for PC like they did with VII? i'd love to be able to download and play it all over again! Particularly since i dont have a playstation anymore =/

Impossible if IX was not ported to PC. VII and VIII were PC port-jobs.

Tylorick
23rd Aug 2012, 14:57
Such a project would require significant effort, so no. Square has never shown IX very much love. :/

acuzal
27th Apr 2013, 16:52
I doubt it. They originally released VII and VIII on PC alongside (or shortly after) the PSX release. IX was never a PC game so I don't think they'll go back and make it into one.

now i c .. me 4 time download.. all cannot play.. so sienz.. hahahttp://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-cry.gif

member_10835941
17th May 2013, 08:09

now i c .. me 4 time download.. all cannot play.. so sienz.. haha

It's so sad. IX was one of the best games in the Final Fantasy franchise.

member_10747953
3rd Jun 2013, 23:38
yes i personally PREY they remake this for the PC iv'e never owned a PS console not the 1 2 or 3 always been a pc and nintendo fan over that playstation crap anyways i would shell out good money just to play FF IX on pc since ive never played it and have heard its the best FF game to date so please for the love of god remake it for pc

mike_ptbr
16th Jun 2013, 18:59
It would be great see a FFIX remake, just like FFVII and FFVIII. http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-smile.gif

I personally can't wait to see FFVIII remake on PC. http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-yell.gif

moonvist1
27th Dec 2013, 02:40
FF VIII already release on steam.....hope for FFIX too.......;)

Kaneu2
31st Dec 2013, 04:49
yes i personally PREY they remake this for the PC iv'e never owned a PS console not the 1 2 or 3 always been a pc and nintendo fan over that playstation crap anyways i would shell out good money just to play FF IX on pc since ive never played it and have heard its the best FF game to date so please for the love of god remake it for pc

i second this comment! FF IX was by far my absolute favorite of all the finally fantasy's. please square-enix, please remake this game to be able to download on steam! with all the advances in technology it can't be that hard right?

HeavyMetalJebus
11th May 2014, 19:31
i would love to see this as well, at this point i have no problem re buying all the final fantasies for the pc.

FireFlyAnn
29th May 2014, 09:00
Same here! Awesome games and would love to own them all for PC. Would love to have FFIX more than any other though. Please Square Enix, make a pc version.

Bandersnadtch
17th Oct 2014, 00:58
I kinda-sorta doubt they will put the original on pc. IF, however, they do a remake of the game, it might wind up being released on pc, but due to the prevalence and prosperity of internet piracy, that might not happen either. Of course it really doesn't matter if they would or not if they never remake the game.