PDA

View Full Version : Vampire clans, that have not been used yet. + a human idea.

Tanath11
17th May 2014, 22:21
In game.
• Raziel = Sentinel
• Turel = Tyrant
• Zephon = Deceiver
• Dumah = Reaver
-------------

Unused vampire clans.
• Melchiah = The wiki states his brood has the following traits. Decay, rotting skin stitched together, borrows under ground - using claws and aided by primitive phasing (like wraith raziel spectral power) pulls victims underground.

• Rahab = The wiki states his brood has the following traits. Fish / snake like features.. has a spit attack. Not much to work with as they are meant to be more at home in water but minor range attacks give them a role i guess. Id suggest telekinesis, its a staple vampire power in legacy of kain, turels brood should have had telekinesis but too late for that so give it to Rehabs clan.

Its also not unthinkable that some of kains original army could still be hanging around (the ones sired by Vorador at the start of blood omen 2 ). If these vampires were to have gained gifts similar to vorador some ideas would be blood magic, mist form, wolf form, bat swarm form. Perhaps blood ball projectile, throws 25% of your hp at enemy as a blood projectile, if contact is made you gain a large amount of hp from the victim (could return to the vampire in a stream of blood like the old L.o.k games.)

Human wise. In blood omen 2 their was a new kind of magic introduced that was lethal to vampires - think it was called rune magic. It be nice to see some kind of battle mage type that used rune armor as seen in blood omen 2 and rune traps etc.

RainaAudron
17th May 2014, 22:40
They are already including all of the clans and BO2 had Glyph magic.

Tanath11
17th May 2014, 22:56
They are already including all of the clans and BO2 had Glyph magic.

Awesome, Kind of assumed they would - just brain storming what kind of direction they would take the last two clan members in. Also yeah true glyph magic and rune knights my bad.

Lord_Aevum
17th May 2014, 23:00
Its also not unthinkable that some of kains original army could still be hanging around (the ones sired by Vorador at the start of blood omen 2 ).

That actually is unthinkable, I'm afraid, at least as far as the current mythology goes. Vorador's vampires are not around in this era.

RainaAudron
17th May 2014, 23:23
You can join the discussion about Melchahim (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=8399) and Rahabim. (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=8489)

Tanath11
17th May 2014, 23:43
That actually is unthinkable, I'm afraid, at least as far as the current mythology goes. Vorador's vampires are not around in this era.

The same was said about raziels brood, until they changed the mythology and said a few survived for this game. Also The only piece of lore sateing that all the vampires left were sired by kain is from a derailed time line. The old time line of soul reaver had kain as the only remaining vampire and thus creator of all new vampires. The new time line 4 has vorador being resurrected and creating a army of vampires for kain in blood omen 2 thus changing soul reaver 1.

Diexna
17th May 2014, 23:58
I really need to play the Legacy of Kain games so I can understand all of this lore speculation. :p

RainaAudron
18th May 2014, 00:02
The same was said about raziels brood, until they changed the mythology and said a few survived for this game. Also The only piece of lore sateing that all the vampires left were sired by kain is from a derailed time line. The old time line of soul reaver had kain as the only remaining vampire and thus creator of all new vampires. The new time line 4 has vorador being resurrected and creating a army of vampires for kain in blood omen 2 thus changing soul reaver 1.

SR1 never changed. (http://thelostworlds.net/Defiance/Question_and_Answer_with_Jen_Richard_and_Kyle.html)

Also, Razielim were never said to be completely eradicated in the games. Daniel Cabuco himself said he can imagine some of them still alive at the time of SR1.

Vampmaster
19th May 2014, 10:52
The Rahabim should be the Pioneers. Almost every definition of the word fits them perfectly and even suggests one possible role in battle:

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/pioneer

pi·o·neer (pī′ə-nîr′)
n.
1. One who ventures into unknown or unclaimed territory to settle.
2. One who opens up new areas of thought, research, or development: a pioneer in aviation.
3. A soldier who performs construction and demolition work in the field to facilitate troop movements.
4. Ecology An animal or plant species that establishes itself in a previously barren environment.

They could do mine sweeping, extinguishing fires, getting rid of hazards and sabotaging health points.

Looked up the pioneers in the military:

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Pioneer+(military)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combat_engineer

Note: I presume "Combat Engineer" isn't exactly the same as just "Engineer", which I know Daniel said was a Turelim thing.

"Those engineering tasks that assist the tactical and/or operational commander to "shape" the battlespace by enhancing mobility creating the space and time necessary to generate mass and speed while protecting the force, and denying mobility and key terrain to the enemy. These tasks include breaching, bridging, and emplacement of obstacles to deny mobility to the enemy."

Lord_Aevum
19th May 2014, 16:11

As stated here, and as previously explained in depth in many past threads, they did not change the mythology in that example – both Amy Hennig and Daniel Cabuco played up the notion of the Razielim surviving their genocide, and this game simply adheres to that. The same people have gone on record saying that Vorador and his brood should not have any influence over the era of Kain's empire; ergo they are either dead or otherwise unavailable.