PDA

View Full Version : Tindall's apartment

Clegane
8th Aug 2012, 01:06
Since the game has a Pacifist achievement I didn't think that it would be this hard. After I inspect Tindall's computer a punk with a shotgun comes in and blows me away. Is there any way to approach the apartment that doesn't involve hostilities? I hacked the door. I read a walkthrough on this sidequest and I didn't expect this to happen at all.

TrickyVein
8th Aug 2012, 01:09
Press 'T' (or whatever's equivalent) when you get close enough. Hide behind a wall right after hacking Tindall's machine. I suspect the event is scripted, triggered after you access the computer. Don't know if it's avoidable.

hybridex
8th Aug 2012, 01:37
Hide in between the door or wall in the bathroom and wait him out. He won't see you either way. After he does his rant and thing (won't take long), he then goes to sit on the chair in the living room. This is when you sneak up behind him, either knock him out (if you're looking for pacifist) or kill him. Here's another tip.. before you even go to Tindall's apt, take out Bee-K or Bee-Gee or whatever those two thugs' names are (over by the basketball hoop and storage) that tindall will ask you to take them out for him, in order for him to give you the tape. It is easier to take out these two thugs out before because they will be right together and not suspecting anything. If you have the multi-take down aug, easier yet and you won't attract any other attention. The other punks nearby will stay green, if you do it right. If you try to take them out after Tindall asks you, they will be waiting for you and will be spaced out so it's kinda harder to take them out without damage or avoid being seen (unless you got cloak upgrade.) So take these two thugs out first, then after you hack the computer, hide and wait out the punk until he sits down.. Tindall will ask you to go take out these thugs, but you also did.. and Tindall pretty is like cool, small world. There you go, easy mission, smooth operator, no damage.

Clegane
10th Aug 2012, 02:26
Back to this thread because there is a 2nd sidequest apartment in the building (O Malley). I suppose I'm glad I didn't discover the pocket secretary with the passcode for the inner sanctum in O'Malley's apartment earlier because it makes for a better story this way. Now, I don't suppose there's any way to disarm those wall mines, is there? I just throw a concussion grenade into the room to solve that problem.

Is there a way to find a passcode for the apartment in the same building that is locked with a level 5 security door? Will it show up later? I read a walkthrough that has a code for the door but if I don't find the code in the game, I'm not going to use it.

AlexOfSpades
10th Aug 2012, 14:20
Back to this thread because there is a 2nd sidequest apartment in the building (O Malley). I suppose I'm glad I didn't discover the pocket secretary with the passcode for the inner sanctum in O'Malley's apartment earlier because it makes for a better story this way. Now, I don't suppose there's any way to disarm those wall mines, is there? I just throw a concussion grenade into the room to solve that problem.

Throw a cardboard box inside. I think there's a way to sneak past them, but i never managed to. The 30 seconds loading screen after death doesnt encourage meddling with those hitkillers...

68_pie
10th Aug 2012, 15:43
Throw a cardboard box inside. I think there's a way to sneak past them, but i never managed to. The 30 seconds loading screen after death doesnt encourage meddling with those hitkillers...

I thought with all mines that if you move very slowly they don't go off and you can sneak up to them and disarm them.

xaduha
10th Aug 2012, 16:19
There is a Walk button or toggle, but you can detonate a mine by shooting through the slits in the door

hybridex
10th Aug 2012, 16:47
Yes, as JCpie said, you can defuse the frag mine by keeping low and walk/sneak up to slowly and press when your icon hits on the mine and it says "use." This will deactive it and you can then take the mine(s) into your inventory. Or you can just shoot it from a distance if you don't care about retaining it or stealth. Plenty of other missions/side missions where you will have to defuse frag, EMP mines and so on.

For the Doc's apt on the 4th floor above O'malley, the pocket dic with the access code is with the dead guy laying in the fenced area by the police dept. To find it, when you facing the front of the PD, take a left and heads towards the hobo guy digging through the trash and there is the hobo girl leaning on the wall near him, there is that metal fence to the right on the hobos with the trash bin, if you don't have the high jump aug or can lift heavy aug, you won't be able to scale the fence. The dead guy is on the other side of the metal fence. of couse, once you get in the Doc's apt, there is the praxis kit in his cage in the bedroom, hack the computer (level 1) to get the code for the cage.

hybridex
10th Aug 2012, 16:48
Sorry typo, not JCpie, but rather as 68 pie said..

JCpies
10th Aug 2012, 20:53
Someone say my name?

hybridex
12th Aug 2012, 18:17
Sorry, my bad.. too many "pie" on here.

Clegane, another tidbit for you.. if you hadn't figure it out yet, keep the crossbow. You can lie and not give to Alexander. She won't mind. For this game, it the only weapon I use, if I use a weapon. Just seeing your target squirm as they die after being hit by the arrow.. hilarious. Also, if you do it right, you can take the arrow back out of the dead body without breaking it and re-use.

Clegane
13th Aug 2012, 23:47
This is slightly off topic, but where do you find the access code for the storage garage across the street from Grayson's shop?

hybridex
14th Aug 2012, 00:26
Not off at all.. well, I just happened to come across this again before signing off and happy to assist. I'm assuming you're talking about the storage over by the basketball hoop where you take out those two thugs for Tindall, right.. If so, there is the black lady, her name is Letitia, who is digging through the trash on the left side of the street before you round the corner to Grayson if you're coming out from Sarif HQ. You can't miss her. She has the pocket dic for the codes to the storage door and for the security grid panel once inside. Two ways you can get it from her. More passive is you can talk to her, but she will ask for like 1000 credits or something and she will give you the info. The other is less humane if you don't care much, you can knock her out and steal the pocket dic. Just watch out for the cop anywhere nearby if you do this.

Clegane
14th Aug 2012, 03:24
No, I am not interested in the garage by the basketball court.

Let me clarify, I want to find the code for the garage across the street in front of Grayson's shop and to the right while facing away from Grayson's shop.

hybridex
15th Aug 2012, 21:48
Ok.. I know which one you're talking about now. The one on the right side more towards the convention center. Ok, the pocket secretary (you know I don't why I kept calling it pocket dic or dictionary) for that storage is laying against the concrete barrier behind Grayson's shop on the right side corner where the two girls and guy hobos. Spoiler for you .. not much inside that storage.

Clegane
18th Aug 2012, 01:10
Goody, goody. What about the garage near where Zeke Sanders shows up? Is there a poc sec for that one?

hybridex
18th Aug 2012, 15:08
That one, I just hack later after upgrading to level 3. Again, not much in there to fuzz over. Btw, next time if you go back to do the Sarif plant mission, choose to take out Zander at the end option. It's quicker, you don't have to go through the long winded negotiation with him. Just prepare to take him out. You can hit him with stun gun or one shot and he will drop Josie. Just don't kill him. You can take him out, save Josie and get bonus XP, plus you can visit his sorry ass in the jail cell when you get back to Detroit and raid the PD. If you do it and see him in the jail cell, you both will talk and he will taunt you, but again don't kill him. Leave him be for later mission. You can kill him then.. haaa!

Clegane
18th Aug 2012, 16:04
I just discovered that the way to do a pacifist run through D-row requires cloaking and lung enhancement. If you use the tranq rifle on some targets, they die!

Poohunter
20th Aug 2012, 01:11
Do you have a stun gun? It will be really easy to take him out with the stun gun.

hybridex
20th Aug 2012, 18:00
I just discovered that the way to do a pacifist run through D-row requires cloaking and lung enhancement. If you use the tranq rifle on some targets, they die!

That's one way of doing it and that cloaking is freakin awesome. That does make things alot easier. You can still do the D-row run quite easily w/o cloaking, though and take out all the ballers without detection. To me, that early in the game you don't have much praxis to start, and I actually wait until Hengsha to cloak up. Even going through FEMA is quite easy w/o cloak. What I think makes going through first Detroit and FEMA easy is having the double-takedown and full quick cell recharge along with upgrade of heavy lift, punch wall and high jump. I enjoy just going through the game clearing out bad guys with Jensen's stealth abilities, rarely or never use weapon hardware..

Clegane
21st Aug 2012, 00:02
That's one way of doing it and that cloaking is freakin awesome. That does make things alot easier. You can still do the D-row run quite easily w/o cloaking, though and take out all the ballers without detection. To me, that early in the game you don't have much praxis to start, and I actually wait until Hengsha to cloak up. Even going through FEMA is quite easy w/o cloak. What I think makes going through first Detroit and FEMA easy is having the double-takedown and full quick cell recharge along with upgrade of heavy lift, punch wall and high jump. I enjoy just going through the game clearing out bad guys with Jensen's stealth abilities, rarely or never use weapon hardware..

Yes, I've run through it without cloaking and the breathing is a red herring. I was being paranoid about losing my secondary objective to avoid detection while in DRB territory. The two DRBers that are standing around a fire near the building with the rocket launcher - got to use the tranq rifle.

hybridex
23rd Aug 2012, 16:23
Yes, I've run through it without cloaking and the breathing is a red herring. I was being paranoid about losing my secondary objective to avoid detection while in DRB territory. The two DRBers that are standing around a fire near the building with the rocket launcher - got to use the tranq rifle.

Oh yeah, my first few cracks at the game, my heart rate was racing a bit, but playing the game many times over, I found it quite easy to get things done and w/o breaking a sweat. The funny thing is I haven't gotten bored yet no matter how many times I go back and play through. Each time I find new things and easier/better ways, especially hidden paths that makes getting through w/o detection. Lately, I just enjoy going on head to head to take out all bad guys (just Jensen's take-out ability; no weapon) in all missions w/o getting detected and getting Ghost and Smooth operator in all main missions. I don't need to use cloaking, but I like it alot, though, I haven't got cloak yet when I go through D-row.

If you go through and clear out D-row before infiltrating the PD or meeting with Jenny Alexander, it won't affect those missions, even if you get detected, because you haven't activate Jenny's or the PD missions. Plus, by clearing out D-row first, there will no ballers around when you have to go through to find O'mally's stack after meeting with Jenny or have to shut down the radar satellite. Easy sailing through D-row for Jenny's side mission. Even if you hadn't hack the radar before going in the PD, no ballers around to detect you, so you will still get easy ghost before getting on the chopper to FEMA (Highland Park.) You can always hack the radar after clearing D-row before going into the PD, you will get ghost after installing the chip in Jensen's apt, if you hack the radar first. Also, clear out the ballers in the sewer below D-row and get the praxis inside the wall, if you not aware of this.

What's also fun (if you already got or don't care about pacifist or foxiest of the hound achievement) is using the rocket launcher you on the ballers. Haaa!

Clegane
25th Aug 2012, 19:27
What's the easy way to kill Barrett? I hit him with 2 rockets and he's still standing.

ok, lung enhancement, gas canisters, and a 10 mm pistol took him out after a couple of tries. Does the tranq rifle have any effect in slowing him down?

hybridex
26th Aug 2012, 04:55
2 rockets not enough for Barret, though I do use the rocket at Barret. Just toss a couple frag at him in addition. There are many ways of taking him out... typhoon is quintessentially (damn, did I spell that right?) the ultimate weapon to take anyone out the easiest and especially with any boss fight. But, that's it. It is just too easy and no challenge. I mean, if you want a quick fast kill and have the typhoon options, then 2 typhoons would it.

But, if you don't have typhoon or someone like me who prefer not to use typhoon (even though readily available), not that I don't it, no, I love typhoon, but to get the option, you would have to sacrifice praxis upgrade for many of the other more essential upgrade. Sorry, enough gibber.. down to biz..

Easiest way I found (non-typhoon), w/o depleting any energy cell or unnecessary scrambling around the room throwing stuff. Frag or frag mines is the way to do it. You can use the launcher and the frag. That's what I do. 3 successive frag to keep stunning him and then finish him off with one rocket. Yeah, you will only have time to get one rocket off anyways. If you keep trying to reload and get off more rocket rounds, he'll decimate you before you can even put another round in or finish crying mommy..

Here's one way to do: Make sure you have the launcher out and at the ready before even entering the door to fight Barret. Also, have frag ready.

- Immediately crouch against the concrete in front of you. Barret will still be standing there (on his deadbed... haaa!) about to unload on you
- Make sure to aim good, at his feet and throw out the first frag. After explosion, throw out the second frag. Same thing, after explosion, throw out the third frag.. just know his position will shift abit from the blast, so adjust your aim accordingly
- As the third frag explode, take aim with your launcher and bamm! There it is, good night Irene!

I also switch it up and alternate between frag grenades and frag mines. I'll throw first grenade at him, then switch inventory to mines and toss out a couple, then switch back to grenade. Finish him off with the launcher as always.

I've gotten to the point where any of the bosses can be beat within 10 sec or less, on hardest setting. Heck, sorry if spoiler.. you can beat 3rd boss (Namir) with just one non-lethal or lethal takedown and last boss (Zhao) at Hyron/Panchaea, I timed it, took her out in 5 sec. That's all. Namir is the only one you can defeat with just the one punch or one kill option. So have fun and find your way and you'll discover, it is that easy.

Clegane
24th Sep 2012, 23:51
There's another detail that I want to fill in. The admin building of the Sarif plant has 10 hackable computers, and I find only 4 passwords discovered from pocket secretaries. The walkthrough at GameFAQs has all 10 passwords. Where do they find the other 6 passwords (not indicated in the walkthrough)?

Jerion
25th Sep 2012, 01:08
What's the easy way to kill Barrett? I hit him with 2 rockets and he's still standing.

ok, lung enhancement, gas canisters, and a 10 mm pistol took him out after a couple of tries. Does the tranq rifle have any effect in slowing him down?

I'm not sure about the Tranq rifle, but just about any incapacitation-style grenade (flash, EMP, gas...) will stun him for a somewhat short duration, letting you do whatever you please. Stock up on those and the fight is easier.

hybridex
28th Sep 2012, 02:24
There's another detail that I want to fill in. The admin building of the Sarif plant has 10 hackable computers, and I find only 4 passwords discovered from pocket secretaries. The walkthrough at GameFAQs has all 10 passwords. Where do they find the other 6 passwords (not indicated in the walkthrough)?

Upgrade to hack #2 and hack away or you will have to wait until you're able to upgrade to 5 to hack Pritchard's computer for the rest of the passwords.

Mono, you should had completed the entire game many times over by now..