PDA

View Full Version : Deus Ex 4 needs to be a true RPG.

QUANAH
30th Jul 2012, 12:44
Which means be more like Fallout.

Don't give us an already made character with a history and a name for god's sake.

Give us an OPEN WORLD. Neo-Detroit would do just fine by itself.

Let us take the clothes of a dead punk and let us have mohawks.

Some of us actually want to be CYBERPUNK, not CYBER Ex-Cop.

Stealth needs some work, I mean if we invest in sneak let us be silent the entire way and not have to push a button that let's us be silent for a short amount of time.

One of the most annoying parts was Jensen crossing his arms all the time.

What else can I think of at the top of my head? Oh, let us sit down in places.

GIVE US THE OPTION OF THIRD PERSON VIEW. Very important.

Let us eat food, drink, do some drugs, be bad and have the same rewards as being good.

More augmentations, the more augmentations the better as NO two characters should ever be the same when compared.

Oh and give us hovering cars and bikes like in Akira.

Create different storylines and MAKE THE SIDEQUESTS available at all times.

If you go route of making a true RPG, then don't let it end after the main quest is done.

Please do not make this another mindless FPS and become like C.O.D.... The Cyberpunk genre deserves better.

Also give us NEUROMANCER references. True cyberpunks will appreciate the hard work.

Keep the techno, actually get more techno.

Put raves in the game.

If you do this right, no one will remember skyrim.

Have illegal augmentations that aren't regulated by some megacorporation. Black clinics that upgrade things like that.

Would be cool to have factions and competing factions that want your service and loyalty.

Let us choose everything, from who we want to work for to what we wear.

Have quests that GIVE us augmentations, if we work for bad people they should give us lethal augmentations.

If we work for a megacorporation of course the augmentations would be more sophisticated, but you can let us play both sides for our own enjoyment. Just don't let us be able to get EVERYTHING in one playthrough, as every decision should have a consequence.

As stated before, I want each player to build their character from scratch and be a certain character they want to be.

Also, invisibility needs to be a lot longer or give us a specialized suit that can stay invisible in sneak mode.

More NPC's, give us as many as you can each with their own backstory as much as you can.

Also, the house should be more customizable. Let us sleep in our beds and do more on our computers, and be able to keep things in a secret storage or whatever. Maybe much more futuristic kind of like New Vegas' Old World Blues with the SINK.

If you did this you might be better than my favorite franchise of all time FALLOUT, but that is yet to be determined.

Enemy's line of sight or cone vision is utterly ridiculous.

I kill someone in "stealth" then suddenly from far away all his buddies see.

Maybe halfway done with the game and it's still doing this.

Not the best stealth game by any means, it needs a lot of work.

It needs to make us the ultimate predator, I feel like a monster in this game, but just not on top of the food chain type of feeling. Not a lot of places to stalk and hide either.

The stealth enhancer needs a lot of work, mainly the enemy AI.

NPC's need to look like they have lives and schedules.

Also props on Detroit, the birthplace of techno. Put more techno in the game, mainly CLR, Drumcode, Sci+Tec, etc. Maybe put Carl Cox in as an NPC.

CONCENTRATE ON THE RPG ASPECT, not the FPS aspect. It's shallow, give us substance along with a lot of style.

68_pie
30th Jul 2012, 14:03
So I don't know if you're a troll (especially after you posted basically the same thing in 4 threads) but I've got some time on my hands so after banging my head against a wall for a while I decided to briefly respond:

Which means be more like Fallout.

I'm assuming you mean Fallout 3? So what you want is a sandbox adventure game? Deus Ex is founded on being an immersive-sim, why would it change genre?

Don't give us an already made character with a history and a name for god's sake.

Again, it's an immersive-sim telling a specific story.

Give us an OPEN WORLD. Neo-Detroit would do just fine by itself.

It's not a sandbox - it's mission-based with hubs.

Let us take the clothes of a dead punk and let us have mohawks.

And that would achieve what exactly?

Some of us actually want to be CYBERPUNK, not CYBER Ex-Cop.

oic

Stealth needs some work, I mean if we invest in sneak let us be silent the entire way and not have to push a button that let's us be silent for a short amount of time.

It's called balance.

One of the most annoying parts was Jensen crossing his arms all the time.

Well now you're just being silly.

What else can I think of at the top of my head? Oh, let us sit down in places.

Again, what does this achieve?

GIVE US THE OPTION OF THIRD PERSON VIEW. Very important.

An immersive-sim founded on the principles of a first-person perspective...

Let us eat food, drink, do some drugs, be bad and have the same rewards as being good.

Which could definitely be done in the first two Deus Ex games...oh, wait, of course you haven't played them.

More augmentations, the more augmentations the better as NO two characters should ever be the same when compared.

The issue in DXHR wasn't the number of augmentations but their availability.

Oh and give us hovering cars and bikes like in Akira.

lolwut. Chances are that the next game will be set before DX1 so...no. If it's set after DX2...still don't see it happening. Seems pretty pointless and has the wrong tone for DX.

Create different storylines and MAKE THE SIDEQUESTS available at all times.

I don't quite get what you're saying :scratch:

If you go route of making a true RPG, then don't let it end after the main quest is done.

It's an immersive-sim... Plus you seem to assert that all true RPGs allow you to carry on playing after the main quest has finished which is just not the case.

Please do not make this another mindless FPS and become like C.O.D.... The Cyberpunk genre deserves better.

It's an immersive-sim...

Also give us NEUROMANCER references. True cyberpunks will appreciate the hard work.

There is refrence to a multitude of literature in all the DX games. Plus, Neuromancer isn't the only source of cyberpunk out there.

Keep the techno, actually get more techno.

Completely irrelevant.

Put raves in the game.

Completely irrelevant. Plus there have been nightclubs in all three DX games.

If you do this right, no one will remember skyrim.

a) no one does
b) why are you comparing them

Have illegal augmentations that aren't regulated by some megacorporation. Black clinics that upgrade things like that.

Referenced or possible in some form in each of the DX games.

Would be cool to have factions and competing factions that want your service and loyalty.

Referenced or possible to some degree in each of the DX games especially Invisible War.

Let us choose everything, from who we want to work for to what we wear.

Some customisation is fine but again you are taking it too far. In each of the games we are able to some degree to choose who we work for but again: immersive-sim telling a story.

Have quests that GIVE us augmentations, if we work for bad people they should give us lethal augmentations.

You really haven't played DX1 or 2 have you?

If we work for a megacorporation of course the augmentations would be more sophisticated, but you can let us play both sides for our own enjoyment. Just don't let us be able to get EVERYTHING in one playthrough, as every decision should have a consequence.

DX2 certainly lets you play both sides, DXHR does it on a smaller scale. You already can;t do everything in one play through.

As stated before, I want each player to build their character from scratch and be a certain character they want to be.

It's an immersive-sim with a specific character and story that allows choice and consequence within that framwork.

Also, invisibility needs to be a lot longer or give us a specialized suit that can stay invisible in sneak mode.

Balance. Play DX1.

More NPC's, give us as many as you can each with their own backstory as much as you can.

Many NPCs do have a deep backstory if you search for/read information. Not everything is done in conversation. The number of NPCs with a good backstory has never really been an issue.

Also, the house should be more customizable. Let us sleep in our beds and do more on our computers, and be able to keep things in a secret storage or whatever. Maybe much more futuristic kind of like New Vegas' Old World Blues with the SINK.

This isn't a Bethesda sandbox game where you collect every item in the whole game-world. There is a point about choosing the items you want and living with the consequences - being able to collect everything is dumb. Adam's apartment was one of the best designed areas and doesn't require customisation. What would be gained by being able to sleep? Old World Blues was deliberately lulzy - not really something to be compared to DX.

If you did this you might be better than my favorite franchise of all time FALLOUT, but that is yet to be determined.

So which Fallout games have you played? Oh, right, not the good ones.

EDIT: oh god there's more...

Enemy's line of sight or cone vision is utterly ridiculous.

It would be better if there was shadow stealth as well but I have no problem with LOS in general.

I kill someone in "stealth" then suddenly from far away all his buddies see.

Maybe you're just not very good?

Not the best stealth game by any means, it needs a lot of work.

It's not a stealth game. Perhaps you're not very good at being stealthy?

It needs to make us the ultimate predator, I feel like a monster in this game, but just not on top of the food chain type of feeling. Not a lot of places to stalk and hide either.

Why? Just because you're the protagonist doesn't mean you should be the baddest mofo around. Umm, I never had a problem stealthing.

The stealth enhancer needs a lot of work, mainly the enemy AI.

Balance.

NPC's need to look like they have lives and schedules.

Very minor complaint. Again, not a sandbox.

Also props on Detroit, the birthplace of techno. Put more techno in the game, mainly CLR, Drumcode, Sci+Tec, etc. Maybe put Carl Cox in as an NPC.

oic

BTW, have you noticed that button marked "edit"? You should try it sometime.

QUANAH
30th Jul 2012, 14:24
snip.

Again, I'm a FALLOUT franchise fan. Meaning 1, 2, tactics, New Vegas, and 3 as well.

This is what Deus Ex is described as... neo-noir cyberpunk-themed stealth action role-playing video game.

Nowhere have I ever heard of immersive sim?

RPG it's not, it's a closed world video game if you ask me. I mean I love the scenery, but it's only parts of a city.

It's not as immersive as YOU claim. The game forces you down a certain path.

There are a lot of things you are not understanding about RPG.

Cyberpunk is about high tech & low life. The main character is a high life type of fellow, I don't see where the low life comes in other then helping to oppress them.

Don't get me wrong, so far the game is ok. Just not as great as it could be closing itself up and not being open world. There aren't really any choices when the world is closed.

Think about that and stop blindly supporting something instead of being a proponent against change.

I encounter your types in every forum. I will soon defeat you. :wave:

Also I happen to be very good at stealth games, this one just honestly doesn't work too well. I'm in sneak mode the entire time on missions and survey the scene to make intelligent decisions.

You talk as if a sandbox open world is a bad thing. It's the standard that all games should be, being forced down a path isn't giving me much of a choice.

And there are hardly other things to do in the city when the game asks me if I'm sure I want to leave. What else am I going to do???

It offers NOTHING on the roleplaying aspect.

You ask what am I trying to achieve?

I'm trying to achieve a game that lets me roleplay like I'm living within that city.

Let's me be who I want to be, let's me create my own character with my own background and history in my head.

So as to live inside the World and TRULY immerse myself in the surroundings of a futuristic World.

Here, I'm living as this ready made character offspring of Dirty Harry. Don't get me wrong, I love Clint Eastwood. BUT I WANT TO BE ME in this World, not somebody else.

Sotsiak91
30th Jul 2012, 15:13
Deus ex is not what you want then. Why do you want to change the game to satisfy your needs. Play the first game (if you haven't already) if you don't like it then this series is not for you.

QUANAH
30th Jul 2012, 15:34
lol I am a cyberpunk, a purist. So yes, this game will take what I say and better take it to heart.

btw, you only have 32 posts since Dec. 2011... You're hardly hardcore to tell me what to do with what I want. Because what I want, I'm sure there are millions more that would want the same things as me.

Seeing as this message board isn't even that active.

My input carries a little more weight.

xaduha
30th Jul 2012, 15:39
Yep, hubs - yes, open world - no

Ashpolt
30th Jul 2012, 19:53
Again, I'm a FALLOUT franchise fan. Meaning 1, 2, tactics, New Vegas, and 3 as well.

Then play Fallout rather than playing something else and wishing it was Fallout. Deus Ex (like all games) needs to have its own identity, not be bent to fit the wishes of other franchises' fans.

Also, for the love of god learn to use paragraphs.

[EDIT] But yeah, as others have said this appears to be an under-the-bridge-dweller. Lockdown?

AlexOfSpades
30th Jul 2012, 20:42
NO.

Deus Ex is Deus Ex, if you want a Deus Ex experience then play Deus Ex.

If you want anything DIFFERENT, play something else. Is it very hard to understand this?

QUANAH
30th Jul 2012, 23:46
This forum is lame, I'm going back to the Fallout forum.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
31st Jul 2012, 00:13
I'm going back to the Fallout forum.

As you wish. Good luck and enjoy the forum of your choice. :wave:
We will close your thread now, seeing as you will no longer be here to contribute to discussion.