PDA

View Full Version : Jensen sounds like...

LoserBunny
18th Jul 2012, 12:44
Anyone else play Two Worlds 2? Does he not have a very similar voice to that main character too? I think its a little more annoying than cool and wish games would be made with out people sounding different than natural, unless they pull it off and someone wouldnt guess it to not be their own voice, but meh. small issue, just thinking...

Also wish they would encourage voice actors to talk with emotion but speed also, when they talk slow or give pause for effect that might be nice, but it throws off the voice when in game characters do not move smoothly like a movie, but mostly it bugs me cause i end up reading the subtitle and skipping it, or simply get anxious/ bored with listening. But maybe its the story telling in some games cause many games i usually purposely talk to everyone and listen deeply. Any thoughts?

sonicsidewinder
18th Jul 2012, 20:34
I think its a little more annoying than cool and wish games would be made with out people sounding different than natural, unless they pull it off and someone wouldnt guess it to not be their own voice, but meh. small issue, just thinking...

I feel that. It can make games feel 'samey' just by sound. Not to wan't to butt people out of their livelyhoods as voice actors or anything, but when you start hearing the same people again and again, yeah... You're right. Having said that, I've only heard Adam's voice actor in Dx:Hr & the fake, made up, cgi gameplay of the new, awful looking Rainbow Six.

But yeah. Something about Ubisoft games...where the voice acting is always the same...Dunno.

Also wish they would encourage voice actors to talk with emotion but speed also, when they talk slow or give pause for effect that might be nice, but it throws off the voice when in game characters do not move smoothly like a movie, but mostly it bugs me cause i end up reading the subtitle and skipping it, or simply get anxious/ bored with listening. But maybe its the story telling in some games cause many games i usually purposely talk to everyone and listen deeply. Any thoughts?

This definitely.

The Twin Snakes remake of Metal Gear Solid was full of this. When you play the original, the dialogue is quick and snappy, and feels right.

The remake is full of .. empty space, It's like, "ffs! speak!"
(I put more blame into the cutscenes cus they were terrible - cept that ninja scene in the hallway)

In Hr though, It might've been more necessary what with you having to 'read' character animations in a way to understand how to lick them with your silver toungue.

Cloakedfigure
19th Jul 2012, 23:25
I personally like Adam's voice alot, it makes me think of Dirty Harry with augmentations. Being a Clint Eastwood fan I enjoy it quite a bit.

QUANAH
30th Jul 2012, 12:51
I pictured a young Clint Eastwood being in a Cyberpunk film.

Would have been epic... but Deus Ex 4 needs to be a true RPG in order for it to go to a higher level of being.

That means not giving us an already made character with a history and name. Give us a voiceless canvas to work with and let us do the thinking.

Give us the tools.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
31st Jul 2012, 00:16
I personally like Adam's voice alot, it makes me think of Dirty Harry with augmentations. Being a Clint Eastwood fan I enjoy it quite a bit.

With you on this one; even though I'm not a huge Eastwood fan. :thumb:

no149
13th Aug 2012, 11:45
I'm not past the second boss, and I find Adam's tone a bit boring to be honest, it sounds monotone to me. I don't know, but that might be just due to story writers wanting him to sound cold and sort of robot-esque.

ZakKa89
13th Aug 2012, 14:38
batman