PDA

View Full Version : Am I Adam Jensen?

Blabo
6th Jul 2012, 15:52
So I don't quite remember where, it may have been from a side quest, or an email somewhere in the game, but the first time I saw Jensen's birth date my stomach did a little flip. He was born May 9, 1993. I was born July 11, 1993, just two months later. It just seemed very strange to think that in 2027, I would be in my mid thirties, and all kinds of this crazy stuff could happen to me. I know it's a sci-fi/semi-unrealistic game, but at that moment, it felt very real to me. The similarities do not stop there. I am 6'3" (I read in a wiki somewhere he was the same height.), I have dark brown/black hair, and I share his angled features ie: sharp nose and eyebrows, smaller eyes. Our body types are similar too, as we are both tall and slim. I have never grown my beard out, put it could potentially look like his, and as I am about to start college, I'm not sure if I would join the SWAT team, but hey, there's quite a few alike traits here. I know it is a little farfetch'd, but it made playing through the game for me really engaging. Did anyone else feel like there WERE adam when they played through?

Ashpolt
6th Jul 2012, 16:06
I know how you feel. I was born in February 1985, only 8 years before Adam Jensen. I've previously had a beard / goatee, though I've shaved it now. While Adam is tall and slim, I am short and somewhat overweight, but that's barely different. The other physical similarities are startling: like Adam, I have two eyes, a nose (located roughly between the eyes - exactly where Jensen's is!), two ears, a mouth and some hair. Really sealing the deal, I'm a man, exactly the same as Jensen. It was like Eidos Montreal had kidnapped me and put me in the game.

I don't have blades implanted in my arms, but I did hold some knives once.

vallux
6th Jul 2012, 16:28
If Human Revolution set in 2027 boggles you mind - think about 2052 or even 2072. Most forumites will be seriously old by then.

Shralla
6th Jul 2012, 18:44
Suddenly I feel very old.

Romeo
6th Jul 2012, 19:17
I know how you feel. I was born in February 1985, only 8 years before Adam Jensen. I've previously had a beard / goatee, though I've shaved it now. While Adam is tall and slim, I am short and somewhat overweight, but that's barely different. The other physical similarities are startling: like Adam, I have two eyes, a nose (located roughly between the eyes - exactly where Jensen's is!), two ears, a mouth and some hair. Really sealing the deal, I'm a man, exactly the same as Jensen. It was like Eidos Montreal had kidnapped me and put me in the game.

We could be twins! Except I'm tall and lanky. But the rest of the stuff (Eye count, presence of hair, nose location, being male) is spot on!

JCpies
6th Jul 2012, 21:41
I'm older than Adam Jensen, yet too young to legally buy the game. (Y)

Spyhopping
6th Jul 2012, 23:00

Aaaaahhh ha ha. I laughed. I never asked for this, so I suppose I'm Adam Jensen too.

Jokes aside, the game did make me wonder what I would be doing in 2027. I'd really rather not think about what I'll be doing (or not doing) by the time of DX though. Quite content to ignore my own mortality for now and distract myself with funny animal pictures. AWWW look at the puffin.

http://puffinpalooza.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/puffin-skip.jpg

Romeo
7th Jul 2012, 05:50
Speak for yourself, I know EXACTLY what I'll be doing in 2027: Playing the Heart of the Swarm expansion for Starcraft II and wondering when Thief 4 and Half-Life 3 are due out.

JCpies
7th Jul 2012, 07:48
Any of us could be dead before 2027, just a stark reminder. :[

That said,I want augmented eyeballs.

Spyhopping
7th Jul 2012, 09:05
Happy thoughts JC!

Oh, by DX I meant 2052. That's the scarier one.

sonicsidewinder
7th Jul 2012, 13:02
Eidos is manned by prescient devs.

Romeo
7th Jul 2012, 18:51
Any of us could be dead before 2027, just a stark reminder. :[

That said,I want augmented eyeballs.
Gods don't die. :cool:

SoulBlade
20th Jul 2012, 00:04
I don't know. Were you a genetic experiment in your childhood? Were you adopted, while you were still thinking they were your real parents?

Kevan
20th Jul 2012, 07:16
I guess anyone who has a thin build, is over 6'1", and was born in '93 can claim they are Adam Jensen. Hell, I would, I fit the physical requirement pretty well. :P

If it's an interesting fun fact to all, I have a birth certificate issued 5 years after I was born. I know the real reason why it was re-issued after the fact, but it'd still make for an interesting thought, seeing as Jensen was five when he was adopted...