PDA

View Full Version : My Only Notable Disappointment w/DE3: HR

Hecateus
5th Jul 2012, 19:31
My only notable disappoint with Deus Ex: Human Revolution is...

...we go to Detroit.

The Motor City itself.

and we don't get to drive a car. :mad2:

Minor peeves:

Needed alternate inventory spot, such as Malik's 'Helicopter' ; and that storage space/rack thing in the detroit appt. Frankly anything intended to store anything should have a context sensitive storage interface (only guns and ammo in a gun locker) and then be neatly viewable.

More media genres. Just Picus and Lazarus was rather boring.

But thanks for a great experience anyway. Can't wait to try the DLC and Thief 4.

JCpies
5th Jul 2012, 20:16
My only notable disappoint with Deus Ex: Human Revolution is...

...we go to Detroit.

The Motor City itself.

and we don't get to drive a car. :mad2:

Cars...

Deus Ex...

Cars...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_lzavnaTMJ0U/TEhjSR8I19I/AAAAAAAAAFA/BjkmZeXcZK8/s1600/Subconcious+Security.jpg

Oh well, it's augmentation city now, and we get plenty of those.

sonicsidewinder
5th Jul 2012, 21:27
Deus Troit - Car Evolution.

Gizmostuff
5th Jul 2012, 22:49
Who needs a car when you have metal legs?

Pinky_Powers
6th Jul 2012, 00:55
There are a number of disappointments Human Revolution gave us. Yet remarkably the things you bring up happen to be two things which would have served only to weaken the game, not strengthen it.

1. A vehicle/driving section had no place in a Deus Ex game. Period.

2. Handy inventory storage would seriously diminish the consequence of player choice. What you choose to carry with you is meant to be a significant, personal debate. You are meant to fret over which item to drop and which to keep. Forcing you to really examine how you intend to play this character is a philosophy which holds real power. And it wouldn't if you could always go back to the chopper and get whatever the hell you want.

I know it doesn't necessarily make sense why the B-EE couldn't hold extra gear for you, but in the end HR was stronger because of it.

hybridex
7th Jul 2012, 13:08
I agree with Hecateus. Although, the game is still brilliant as is, but having cars and aircrafts will bring much more experience and more open world. I would like to see vehicles, aircrafts, more weapons and inventory space to the next Deus Ex.

I still have an enjoyable time playing DX 3 over and over again, even though I had completed the game everytime, just to go back and see what else I can find and had missed before and play the game in different ways. To me, that is one of the numerous winning features. The game allows different ways of doing things and the next is dependent upon current actions. DX developer at Eidos is just brilliant with this. Just awesome graphics and environment.. Plus, so many beautiful women (even though animated) in one environment. Imagine that in real life.

One of my very few disappointment, though, is not being able to access the DLC: Missing Link and the other 2 add-ons after downloading to PS3 from the online store. 2 weeks now and still unknown how to find or access these add-ons. Also, the ultimate edition which has all 3 add-ons with the game disc is only available to Mac and not for PS3 or Xbox. So far, this is a huge disappointment for a PS3 owner.

One last, if anyone from Eidos is reading this. Aside from the other numerous and countless kudos received, I have to give a personal big kudos to your DX team for this game. It is because I am a long time military man and I will admit to having some PTSD somewhere and sometimes tormenting my head after a long stench in the sand box, and after having experienced this game, it actually helped me feel tremendously better. I can relate to the experience of Adam Jensen and the game quite easily. I am also a big fan of GTA by Rockstar, but what is different and better is DX allows you to experience like a real world effects aside from just killing and destroying cars as in GTA. I believe I can say DX3 can possibly BE the PTSD aid.

I am definitely waiting for DX4 and hopeful it is an extension of Adam Jensen story with much more open environment, more missions and longer gameplay. I am anxious to discover what the next masterpiece the DX team will conyer up.

Big Kudos, DX team and Eidos!

JCpies
7th Jul 2012, 17:43
I agree with Hecateus. Although, the game is still brilliant as is, but having cars and aircrafts will bring much more experience and more open world. I would like to see vehicles, aircrafts, more weapons and inventory space to the next Deus Ex.

It's like CoDEllite, except proficient in grammar.

Maybe he levelled up.

AlexOfSpades
7th Jul 2012, 22:05
Vehicle sections would be troublesome. Cities would have to be much bigger, thus

- Reducing city detail since its so big otherwise it would lag
- Or, city is detailed, but it lags
- Or, city is detailed and to prevent lags its divided into multiple smaller zones, forcing loading screens all the time

We would only have to lose in this situation. Also, people would keep on trying to run over civilians and lose focus.

AIRCRAFTS? Are you nuts? THe map would have to be HUGE and we have even additional problems:

- Player with aircraft would be able to land at the top of most areas, making normal entrances useless
- Player would be able to fly over walls, meaning the only way to set boundaries to keep players away from certain areas would having to resort to the dreaded invisible walls

So if they added vehicles, we would get undetailed, hollow, low-poly and low-texxed cities with a lot of mindless driving with invisible walls everywhere (or quests exclusively indoors).

Its fun on GTA? Maybe. But its not Deus Ex.

68_pie
8th Jul 2012, 00:07
It's like CoDEllite, except proficient in grammar.

Maybe he levelled up.

Thank you sir, you made my day.

Pinky_Powers
8th Jul 2012, 04:08
I agree with Hecateus. Although, the game is still brilliant as is, but having cars and aircrafts will bring much more experience and more open world.

Firstly, what the hell do you mean by "bring much more experience"?

Secondly, "more open world" does not equate to better. Deus Ex (and also HR) possess the amazing feel it does because it is not open world. It is in fact quite focused and linear. The City Hubs are open, but only to an extent. The bigger you get the less focused and more watered down the Deus Ex experience becomes.

JCpies
8th Jul 2012, 08:26
To be fair, I can see Adam Jensen riding around Heng Sha on a Segway, but aircraft in Deus Ex is just way over the line.

Romeo
8th Jul 2012, 17:38
To be fair, I can see Adam Jensen riding around Heng Sha on a Segway, but aircraft in Deus Ex is just way over the line.
JETT PAX.

Eidos, make it happen.