PDA

View Full Version : Question on "Foxiest of the Hounds" achievement

Anthony45654
5th Jul 2012, 00:28
The description for the achievement says "Complete Deus Ex: Human Revolution without setting off any alarms". Does that mean even if the enemies become hostile, as long as they don't sound the alarm, I'll be able to get the achievement? I think I'm almost done the game (at least it looks like it) and the enemies have turned hostile a couple of times but the alarm itself has never gone off so I'm not really sure if I'll be able to get the achievement.

Stellazira
6th Jul 2012, 17:39
I think being detected by an enemy counts as being seen so that enemy sets off an alarm, even if he's just yelling at his companions.

It's probably safer to make sure you stay undetected throughout the entire game.

hybridex
20th Jul 2012, 17:16
I received the foxiest of the hounds even when the enemies get alarmed (if their icons are only yellow.) As long as the enemies don't get hostile or red. With hostile, they see you and will be same as setting off the alarm panel. I hacked and disable every alarm panels I see. It seems, when they are just alarmed, they hadn't confirm your sighting. Just make sure the enemies, turrets, robots don't turn red or hostile. Watch those sneaking ass civilians too. Alot of them, if you alarm or scare them, they'll run off to snitch on you to the cops, belltower or bad guys and they will be at heightened alarm stage or will turn red looking for you.

hybridex
20th Jul 2012, 17:27
Also, I got ghost of all except the raid into Tong's place in Hengsha 2. Someone else also mentioned this on another tread and yeah, same here. Don't know why you don't get ghost when you don't get detected or any of the havester get even alarm yellow. Scratching my head here. Also.. (yes, I do have a life.. haaa) I pretty much went through the game knocking out everyone (civ, cops, bad guys, everybody) except those that not allowed to be harm or knockout like in the LIMB clinic, in Sarif HQ and main characters. Everyone else, I knocked out without being detected, yet I didn't get a pacifist. I finally realized that I noticed a few of the ones I knock out had died. Just be aware.. don't pile a load of knocked out folks on top of each others in the corner somewhere like I did. So I think the weights of the others probably crushed the ones under. Definitely realistic here. Also, don't knock out that Brent detective guy in the Michele Walther side mission.. if you're looking for pacifist trophy. Figured he was already shot in the gut and near death. So, if you knock him out, he will die. Of course, you can do the Pheromone thing and help Brent avoid the Kevorkian assisted suicide thing.