PDA

View Full Version : Who can't wait for the next Dues Ex to come out soon?

ghostz82
2nd Jul 2012, 01:54
I really hope they are making another dues ex since I loved dues ex human revolution and hoped they had made more DLC for it to hold us over till they started work on a future title. But we didn't get much DLC so I hope they are working on another dues ex soon. I haven't heard anything yet anyone else hear or know if they are or will in the near future?

Tverdyj
2nd Jul 2012, 03:08
hopefully, they take their time with it. I'm happy not hearing anything for some time. the last thing i'd want for a game like HR to become a COD-like yearly title.

I'm pretty sure EM's hard at work at Thi4f and their other secret IP atm, anyhow.

Pinky_Powers
2nd Jul 2012, 10:40
Coming out soon? Hell no! I can wait. We won't see another one for some years yet, if ever. It's a shame they take so long, but they really need to. Human Revolution 2 cannot be made in less than four years, I'd wager. Any sooner and I fear it'll be weakened all too completely.

m G h m u o s
2nd Jul 2012, 11:40
^ Same. I'd rather not they started pumping them out every year or two.

68_pie
2nd Jul 2012, 12:07
Coming out soon? Hell no! I can wait. We won't see another one for some years yet, if ever. It's a shame they take so long, but they really need to. Human Revolution 2 cannot be made in less than four years, I'd wager. Any sooner and I fear it'll be weakened all too completely.

Human Revolution 2 is what I'm expecting, not Deus Ex 4.

JCpies
2nd Jul 2012, 14:04
We need a Deus Ex every year, with an ultra cool Deus Ex bonus scheme called Deus Ex Augmented Premium Elite Bonus Subscription Pack where we get a load of overpriced on disc DLC and extra maps for our yearly Deus Ex game and a few icons to make us look really cool and make us feel like we've achieved something while in reality we have only spent our money on a load of tosh.

Ashpolt
2nd Jul 2012, 18:22
If they were to release another game in the series anytime soon, it'd just be a rehash of DXHR. Given that there are several areas which really should be worked on heavily before the next game, I'd much rather wait for a great game than get a so-so one quickly.

sonicsidewinder
2nd Jul 2012, 18:36
New to Human Revolution 2.

The ability to attack THREE enemies in one take-down.

AlexOfSpades
2nd Jul 2012, 19:34
Deus Ex is pretty dead for me so i dont really care...

Dues Ex on the other hand...

Spyhopping
2nd Jul 2012, 22:55
I'm really looking forward to another DX game. HR was successful, so I reckon we'll see at least one more sequel. Even if they announce it next year we won't see anything for years yet. EM are secretive and we'll all have a good moan about it whilst secretly admiring their stubbornness.

JCpies
3rd Jul 2012, 15:29
EM are secretive and we'll all have a good moan about it whilst secretly admiring their stubbornness.

Just like in ze olde dayz.

Ashpolt
4th Jul 2012, 08:22
I'm really looking forward to another DX game. HR was successful, so I reckon we'll see at least one more sequel. Even if they announce it next year we won't see anything for years yet. EM are secretive and we'll all have a good moan about it whilst secretly admiring their stubbornness.

Just like in ze olde dayz.

Speak for yourselves! I never admired their stubbornness, secretly or otherwise. A quick look at the Thief 4 forums suggests they're not big fans either.

Jerion
4th Jul 2012, 16:38
Speak for yourselves! I never admired their stubbornness, secretly or otherwise. A quick look at the Thief 4 forums suggests they're not big fans either.

All hail the En Dee Eh.

Ashpolt
4th Jul 2012, 17:22
All hail the En Dee A.

Wasn't that a boss in a Bioware RPG at some point?

"Brave warriors, thee must venture into the Caverns of Silence and slay the evil En Dee A."

ZakKa89
5th Jul 2012, 10:21
Starting to get annoyed actually. I want to play the cut montreal content as DLC. The developers said multiple times how proud they were of certain designs in Montreal so COME ON. GIMME GIMME:naughty:

JCpies
5th Jul 2012, 14:36
Starting to get annoyed actually. I want to play the cut montreal content as DLC. The developers said multiple times how proud they were of certain designs in Montreal so COME ON. GIMME GIMME:naughty:

Asked a question about it on the blog.

No answer.

:'(

Romeo
5th Jul 2012, 17:20
Maybe Montreal doesn't really exist. Maybe it's an inside joke by Eidos.

"Know what would be so funny? If we told them we made this awesome Montreal area and then cut it before release, AND THEN WE COULD PRETEND LIKE IT DOESN'T EXIST AND LAUGH AT THEIR QUESTIONS. DANCE PUPPETS, DANCE!" (This is how I imagine lead designers speak like)

Pinky_Powers
5th Jul 2012, 17:56
I doubt there was all that much work done on Montréal before they decided to cut it. Probably some excellent concept art and a few map layouts. It'd be really hard to deal with the idea of a mostly finished city hub we'll never get to play. :(

JCpies
5th Jul 2012, 18:10
I doubt there was all that much work done on Montréal before they decided to cut it. Probably some excellent concept art and a few map layouts. It'd be really hard to deal with the idea of a mostly finished city hub we'll never get to play. :(

You're just trying to comfort yourself, we don't know how much was completed. You could be totally right, but I'm just trying to torture you with the thought of a half completed beautiful, rich city hub that we could have explore before and after visiting the Picus building.

Tverdyj
5th Jul 2012, 18:49
How about that "director's cut" of HR, with optional bossfights, that'd have Barrett show up in China if you didn't kill him in the States?

JCpies
5th Jul 2012, 20:17
How about that "director's cut" of HR, with optional bossfights, that'd have Barrett show up in China if you didn't kill him in the States?

Too much work unless you are Ubisoft. Still too much work.

Jerion
11th Jul 2012, 16:44

The Hengsha Court Gardens courtyard would have made an awesome secondary boss fight zone. So many little apartments, vents, and the rooftop. Not to mention that it could be completely avoided. Aww. Now I wish that had happened.

Azzanadra
13th Jul 2012, 02:12
Every 3-4 years sounds right, I mean cmon it took ELEVEN years for another good Deus ex game after the original, since Invisible War was crap.

EsoraL
20th Jul 2012, 10:32
Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum and just cannot pass by... as i'm a fan of this game, especially Deux Ex: Human Revolution.

What i've found about the next release:

A “major Canadian company” has various vacancies available for a “semi open-world action adventure title that responds to player choice and interaction.” Superannuation, which posted the link on Twitter, believes the company to be Eidos and suggests the title could be Deus Ex 4.

The project, according to the listing, is based upon an existing IP which is a “well known and respected action/adventure title, with elements of choice and stealth within the gameplay.”

Future iterations of the franchise also “intend to really take advantage of the new platforms coming in the next two years to provide an experience with unparralled realism, depth and consequence for player action and choice.”

The current vacancies are:

Cinematics Director
Senior Gameplay Programmer
Lead Technical Developer
Level Artists
Technical Artist
Lead Artist
Lead Programmer
Senior Programmer
Deus Ex 4 was the obvious choice for Superannuation’s post instead of Thief 4 due to the later already confirmed as being in development. Add in the fact Human Revolution has stealth elements and player choices, it’s not a stretch.

Still, it could also be for Thief 4 and the title of the game just wasn’t mentioned. It could be for anything, really.

Just file the Deus Ex bit away as a rumor for now until we find out something more concrete.

I HOPE IT WILL BE RELEASED!!!!!!!!!!!

Spyhopping
20th Jul 2012, 10:48
Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum and just cannot pass by... as i'm a fan of this game, especially Deux Ex: Human Revolution.

What i've found about the next release:

I HOPE IT WILL BE RELEASED!!!!!!!!!!!

Bear in mind-Canada (with Montreal in particular) is very active on the videogame front. There are a lot of studios there... but other than that it fits very nicely! I hope it's DX! Thanks for posting. :thumb:

Ashpolt
20th Jul 2012, 12:39
OK, the possibility of another Deus Ex is good news, but surely the big scoop here is:

intend to really take advantage of the new platforms coming in the next two years

Isn't this the first even semi-official semi-confirmation we've had of next-gen platforms? I mean, let's face it, everyone knows it's going to happen, but this is the first I've seen beyond pure speculation that puts a solid timeframe on it.

lol
21st Jul 2012, 21:06
How about release Thief 4 before Deus Ex 4?That game already has problems with people leaving and no info in 3 years.I doubt EM has the money to do two of these at once.