PDA

View Full Version : What do you guess If Tomb Raider 2 be ......!!

bassamgaillany
30th Jun 2012, 20:27
Hello guys how are you ?
There is a rumor which is spread in some Tomb raider FB groups and the forums as well.

http://im18.gulfup.com/2012-06-30/1341087464321.jpg (http://www.gulfup.com/show/Xiulxkyzy9q5)

What do you guess If Tomb Raider 2 be developed by Crystal Dynamics ? Would you support this Idea ? Or do you think it will be ruined because they're unable to re-make all puzzles and ways ?

Elliot Kane
30th Jun 2012, 20:53
I don't think it will happen.

I'm not sure it should, either.

TR2 is not only immense, but it is in many ways the quintessential TR game.

Anniversary tried to not only remake the original, but also cut the length substantially and tried to improve it in various ways - to the overall detriment of the game. I cannot imagine a remake of TR2 would go any differently. It would surely be prettier by far, but is there any way to get again the slowly dawning realisation of exactly what you are supposed to do with the speedboats in Venice, for example? I suspect not.

Perhaps more importantly, CD are currently working on rebooting the entire franchise. There is just no way they are going to go all that effort, then follow up with a remake of an old game that has nothing to do with what they see as the future of TR.

I think it's quite possible that at some future point there will be an SDK for the new TR engine, at which point fan remakes become not only possible, but likely. But that's the future - and who knows how FAR in the future, either? The last TR SDK to be released was highly successful, but it was only released when the company was done with the engine. So that may be a while, yet...

bassamgaillany
30th Jun 2012, 21:11
I don't think it will happen.

I'm not sure it should, either.

TR2 is not only immense, but it is in many ways the quintessential TR game.

Anniversary tried to not only remake the original, but also cut the length substantially and tried to improve it in various ways - to the overall detriment of the game. I cannot imagine a remake of TR2 would go any differently. It would surely be prettier by far, but is there any way to get again the slowly dawning realisation of exactly what you are supposed to do with the speedboats in Venice, for example? I suspect not.

Perhaps more importantly, CD are currently working on rebooting the entire franchise. There is just no way they are going to go all that effort, then follow up with a remake of an old game that has nothing to do with what they see as the future of TR.

I think it's quite possible that at some future point there will be an SDK for the new TR engine, at which point fan remakes become not only possible, but likely. But that's the future - and who knows how FAR in the future, either? The last TR SDK to be released was highly successful, but it was only released when the company was done with the engine. So that may be a while, yet...

I do agree with you, but why people intense our emotions to something which is not true ?

Elliot Kane
30th Jun 2012, 21:47
Because they are hoping it might be, probably.

I think most TR fans would love to see the old games faithfully recreated on the new engine. But the time it would take would be astronomical and probably not at all cost effective - especially as sales are by no means guaranteed for any remake! And that's completely ignoring the damage to the very carefully created reboot!

But wishful thinking will always spread more rumours than mere fact :)

Metalrocks
1st Jul 2012, 09:53
making a remake of part 2 would cost too much money and time and as elliot said, its no guarantee if it will be successful. i, personally are not fond of remakes, unless its really well made. anniversary was ok, but from egypt on, i wanted to smash the game against the wall.

CD is now too busy with the reboot, so if they make a TR2, it will more likely be for mature people as well and a different story line.
as i said in a different topic before, how i imagine the next game would be, lara is still new to all this adventure stuff. has nightmares or psychological problem from her previous adventure and needs help. but goes out and gains more experience so as learning acrobatics.

thats how i think the next TR should be. taking lara step by step to the woman we know. not just after one game.

Gitb97
1st Jul 2012, 16:05
What's the point in rebooting Tomb Raider to create another remake of a past game?

Gemma_Darkmoon_
1st Jul 2012, 18:26
Tomb Raider II is probably the best of all the Tomb Raider games. A remake done right could be sooo incredible and the locations are some of the most exciting to see a graphics update on. The game's scale means the risk is far bigger than TRA and the 'reinvisioning' (simplification) idea is one that shouldn't be deployed fo TR2.

I so much want to see them make a TR2 reboot and it's a great way to reconnect with the foundations of the franchise. Could Karl Stuart dissosiate himself from the reboot enough to really understand the detail of how TR2 game works? I am not sure. I don't believe they are going to remake TR2 anytime soon but I really hope they would.

d1n0_xD
1st Jul 2012, 19:23
Man, I'm sick of these threads that are not related to the reboot, there are the general forums for that :(

CommanderZx2
1st Jul 2012, 19:27
I love to have a remake of Tomb Raider 2, such as they did with Tomb Raider 1.

Call it Tomb Raider Anniversary 2.

pidipidi39
1st Jul 2012, 20:44
maybe when tomb raider celebrates 20 years... in 2012 it celebrates 16 years ;)

bassamgaillany
3rd Jul 2012, 17:38
Guys, this topic has nothing to do with the reboot. I meant of remaking it after releasing TR 9 and after along time :)

I guess Crystal dynamics won't stop re-making !

GoggleboxUK
3rd Jul 2012, 20:32
I'd support it.

There's definitely money to be made there and that seems to be what it's all about.

I loved Anniversary and have bought Jak & Daxter trilogy, Ratchet & Clank Collection, Metal Gear Solid Collection, Prince of Persia collection on PS3 because the older games have much better gameplay than the 'take my hand and come this way' pathed out tripe that is being released these last few years.

Good will always be good, and graphic improvements on good don't make things worse.

Imagine TRII with HD graphics and Dolby HD Surround Sound, yes please! I;d preorder that even if it didn't have any extra gameplay coded in!

Thetford
13th Jul 2012, 22:45
Well it would certainly be interesting to see the opera house and ocean liner done in the latest graphics, but to be honest, I don't see them doing it any time soon, at least, not while they are relaunching the series.

Randy 54
14th Jul 2012, 12:11
I would support the idea and buy it, but not if it's remade the way TR1 was. The
way they tried to make puzzles out of the moves and the interaction button mashing
was annoying and I too wanted to smash that game against the wall. The game would
need to be as true to the original as possible and not worry about kids 5 to 10 years
of age not being able to play it.