PDA

View Full Version : May 15th Update

Psyonix_Corey
15th May 2014, 20:15
Evolved Skins
- Evolved Skins are now available for unlock or purchase
- Reaching Level 25 for the Reaver, Tyrant, or Sentinel classes will unlock the Evolved Skin for that class for free (A better interface for explaining class levelup rewards is coming soon)

Experience
- Class level cap increased to Level 25
- Fixed an experience calculation issue causing the client to display your Rank and Class Levels incorrectly. You may see your rank or levels decrease. You are not losing experience but simply seeing the correct value. This indirectly fixes the issue where users were not receiving levelup rewards as they were not actually that level yet.

Reaver
Sweeping Kick
- Now causes Stumble instead of Knockdown
- Damage increased to 375, was 350
- Cooldown reduced to 10 seconds, was 12

Maps
- Fixed climbing issue on walls in Sommerdamm and Freeport

RainaAudron
15th May 2014, 20:23
Thanks for the patch notes! I am keen to see what the Sweeping kick works now...

Btw, have Zephonim skins been recoloured?

cmstache
15th May 2014, 21:05
Thank you for notes. :) No comments this time though as it's really not needed. :)

Psyonix_Eric
15th May 2014, 21:07
Thanks for the patch notes! I am keen to see what the Sweeping kick works now...

Btw, have Zephonim skins been recoloured?
Skins were not touched, no. The only thing I did was to change the renders in the Store to better match what the models actually look like to avoid any confusion for people purchasing them.

Lord_Aevum
15th May 2014, 21:12
Do the evolved/restored Razielim use the same taunt audio as the devolved ones? I was thinking the processing on their voiceovers should be reduced to reflect their substantially improved health.

Saranjivac
15th May 2014, 21:59
So what does a stumble do?

Psyonix_Eric
15th May 2014, 22:17
Do the evolved/restored Razielim use the same taunt audio as the devolved ones? I was thinking the processing on their voiceovers should be reduced to reflect their substantially improved health.
It is the same audio.

RainaAudron
15th May 2014, 23:23

You can´t kick people off roofs anymore... I liked Sweeping Kick as it was before, now feels kinda weird the person kicked won´t get pushed back by much...

@Eric: aaah, that explains it, thank you :) good change!

Is it possible to get rid of the voice distortion on Razielim´s evolved skins? They shouldn´t sound like that since they are restored (if possible, ofc).

LOFO1993
16th May 2014, 08:01
Sweeping Kick seems still fair to me. If your data suggest it was overpowered, I totally agree with the nerf.

Also, I was wondering if Deceiver and future vampire classes will get an evolved skin too in the future. It would be a real pity if they don't.

lucinvampire
16th May 2014, 08:11
Evolved Skins- Evolved Skins are now available for unlock or purchase

I nearly died!!!!!!!! This is what I’ve truly been waiting for! :thumb: These are epic EPIC EEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPPIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCCCC!!!!! No way would I reach the cap so decided to buy the Tyrant one…I wonder why :scratch: …but ended up buying all three – damn you devs for making them so pretty!!!! The skins are awesome and make it feel so much more like playing and LoK game – pure awesomeness :D – oh speaking of buying them I was very satisfied with the price – I was expecting them to be between 3k-5k…but what 2600(?) was a very nice surprise!!!!! :D :D :D

END GEEKOUT

Oh do you have any idea about when the invite thing will get looked at? Though I’ve figured out some work arounds with friends it gets annoying that I can’t accept 99% of the invites I’m sent…only can send them.

RemovedQuasar
16th May 2014, 08:53
Wowwowwowwow! Time to slay some humans in Kain's name!!

Sanguise23
16th May 2014, 12:50
I nearly died!!!!!!!! This is what I’ve truly been waiting for! :thumb: These are epic EPIC EEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPPIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCCCC!!!!! No way would I reach the cap so decided to buy the Tyrant one…I wonder why :scratch: …but ended up buying all three – damn you devs for making them so pretty!!!! The skins are awesome and make it feel so much more like playing and LoK game – pure awesomeness :D – oh speaking of buying them I was very satisfied with the price – I was expecting them to be between 3k-5k…but what 2600(?) was a very nice surprise!!!!! :D :D :D

END GEEKOUT

Oh do you have any idea about when the invite thing will get looked at? Though I’ve figured out some work arounds with friends it gets annoying that I can’t accept 99% of the invites I’m sent…only can send them.
I can only buy one but THIS!!!!

Voradors
16th May 2014, 14:28

It is like scout throwing knives and trap. Leap attack as well i suppose.

RainaAudron
16th May 2014, 14:34
Personally, I do not like the changes to Sweeping Kick, it felt much better before. Now I´ll revert back to using leap attack...

Lucin: aaah, girl, you couldn´t wait and got your clothes early hahahha :P awesome, I envy you!

lucinvampire
16th May 2014, 15:16
Lucin: aaah, girl, you couldn´t wait and got your clothes early hahahha :P awesome, I envy you!

Yeah you know me and skins – I’m a girl and its clothes shopping!!! :D you have to look good when you die!...and you know I need that Tyrant one :whistle: ;)

Saecred-XIV
16th May 2014, 15:19
Yeah you know me and skins – I’m a girl and its clothes shopping!!! :D you have to look good when you die!...and you know I need that Tyrant one :whistle: ;)

LOL! Lucin is still at it, huh. I'll have to find you guys in a match some time ;)

cmstache
16th May 2014, 17:04
Did the knife changes make it in this?

Saruwatari
16th May 2014, 17:11
Did the knife changes make it in this?

I do not believe so, no

Cintax
16th May 2014, 23:32
Although it's disappointing, Sweeping kick did need a bit of a rework, but I think the nerf to both the spin rate and knockback is a bit much. With one of the main allures to the skill being gone (knockback), bringing back the ability to aim better might put the skill in the right place.

Also, I'm assuming that one of the main reasons for taking away the knockdown was to do away with the whole Kick > Charging melee "combo," but if that's the case, what about Wing Flap? It essentially does the same thing with a larger AoE, and easier to hit with. It knocks them down and lets you do a full melee charge.

cmstache
16th May 2014, 23:41
Because you can't spam wingflap effectively. You don't have the escape skills as a team of sents, and less people can use them well. It's about CC spam, not the combo as much.

Khalith
17th May 2014, 01:54
It is the same audio.

That's a shame. I would have liked the evolved skin voices to be a little different. Tyrant voice to be a bit slower/deeper, Reaver could have gotten a more feral/frenzied tone with his kills and feeding, and I think Sentinel could have gone for a softer more menacing voice. Purely my opinion there.

cmstache
17th May 2014, 03:33
After seeing the kick, its like the vampire equivalent of knives which works well because you're in atk range. I like it.

RainaAudron
17th May 2014, 11:30
I´d be much happier if SK got it´s knockdown back but maybe increase the distance you get kicked to, so Reaver can´t get in so fast on you and give you chance to escape.

SiD_Green
17th May 2014, 12:49
That doesn't solve the problem but in specific circumstances though, Raina. I like the analogy to knives, Sausage. I like it too.

RainaAudron
17th May 2014, 13:00
I still think it was better before - leap attack and pounces are all better now.

cmstache
17th May 2014, 15:08
Leap has always been better. It got a MASSIVE buff when shadow step got released. Its just harder to use. The issue with stuns is that players feel helpless and not in control.

MasterZtark
18th May 2014, 15:17
I really like the new sweeping kick, it's still powerful (not sure it even needed the increased damage and shorter cooldown to be honest), and there's actually a choice between the Reaver special abilities now. Some people prefer the savage/pounces, some leap attack, some sweeping kick, and that's exactly how it's suppose to be! It was a clear choice before, sweeping kick was more of an upgrade than a "sidegrade" that Nosgoth is doing perfectly with the rest of the game. Good stuff!

Saranjivac
19th May 2014, 18:45
I just have 1 question, what happened with the lobbies? Games are crashing (back to lobby) for 4-5 times before a match finally starts. Takes so long to get just 1 game :/
Any ETA on the fix?

Syranetic
19th May 2014, 19:13
Yes, very difficult to get a game right now, a lot of people simply give up after wasting 15-20min, and its not for a lack of people in the queue.

Psyonix_Corey
19th May 2014, 22:25
We're pushing a patch with a fix for that issue to QA today, depending on stability it could be out within a couple days

FireWorks_
20th May 2014, 20:40
We're pushing a patch with a fix for that issue to QA today, depending on stability it could be out within a couple days

Any update on this?

Psyonix_Eric
21st May 2014, 00:17
Any update on this?
It hasn't been a couple of days yet. :)

SiD_Green
21st May 2014, 02:40
But it is "within a couple days" happyface

FireWorks_
21st May 2014, 08:40
It hasn't been a couple of days yet. :)

What I learnt from other games is that Gamebreaking issues usually get adressed with hotfix in less than 48hours. If thats not the case, the publisher at least posts a statement acknowledging the trouble of the customers and brings up a proper compensation especially for boost items. Boosts that run out while we cant play.

I bought my booster with bad timing on the patch day. I was planning to use it, a lot. Now 6days are burnt and I still have to spend more time in setting up lobbies and matches that actual play time. Waiting in broken lobbies took over 40mins in some cases. Hopping in for a short match, impossible. Farming hardcore... well, not much better either.

If the match starts it is very likely (over 60%) that someone crashes and a proper game is again not the case. Thats something acceptable on a beta for me, if its the only problem. But if I have to wait endlessly for a match and then its partly broken, all due to technical issues, thats not acceptable anymore to me.
And no, its not fun to slaughter 4v3 just to get something from the booster. Not to mention that in half the cases you end up on the receiving end.

I contacted support yesterday to ask what was going on and if there are plans for compensation. The support agent did not know about any problem or even a compensation. I asked for a refund then. She said, she would forward it and Id get an email answer. Im still hoping for something youd call Customer support or Community management in 2014.

While I understand you guys answering here are only the developer, I urge you to work fast on fixes for gamebreakers (becomming dealbreakers).

tl;dr
Timed items like boosters burn, while we cant use them properly. Give us the money back or a proper compensation. Thank you.

EDIT:
Update from the last few hours.
Six matches started. Waiting time usually between 22 and 30mins. One case of a start right after another match.
From six matches only a single match had all eight players. We won 3v4 twice (congrats Grzybcof, Fatereaver) where no player would join in. And the rest was just not working as good as should...

I just quit for now after ending 2v4. Its not like everyone stays, some just leave when seeing their team outnumbered. Quote from the other team "haha, good luck finding another game".

Psyonix_Eric
21st May 2014, 17:34
What I learnt from other games is that Gamebreaking issues usually get adressed with hotfix in less than 48hours. If thats not the case, the publisher at least posts a statement acknowledging the trouble of the customers and brings up a proper compensation especially for boost items. Boosts that run out while we cant play.

This patch went out on the 15th, which was last Thursday. The issues were identified that day initially and became apparent as being a global problem by Friday. Around that time we were able to get bug reports in, dig through them, and determine what the issue was. By Monday we had a fix in place and sent it to QA to hammer on extensively. Today that patch went out. That's three full business days.

Not every game company is able to fix game breaking bugs in 48 hours, Blizzard being a good example. We worked as fast as we could to get the patch in place but it wasn't going to be released without going through QA first. Ultimately it was not within 48 hours, but we've never made the claim that "all bugs will be fixed within 48 hours".

You're correct in that I am just a developer and ultimately any compensation that can be dealt out is Square's decision. If you feel like you're entitled to compensation I would contact their customer support (again) and point them to this thread where Corey confirmed that there was in fact an issue.

SiD_Green
21st May 2014, 19:27
I have no problem with the amount it time it took, that makes sense. But if this was a confirmed issue since Friday, it would have been nice to know you knew about it since then rather than since Monday.

RainaAudron
21st May 2014, 20:17
Lobby bug seems to be gone, but I have a request - can we make the health bar on our teammates optional (toggle in the settings)? It gets super confusing as I keep thinking they are vampires... From the distance it´s not obvious if it is a vamp or a human, not to mention when there are all players in one bunch it´s super hard to follow who is who now. We can already see their health status in the right corner, which I think is completely sufficient.

Psyonix_Corey
21st May 2014, 20:32
Lobby bug seems to be gone, but I have a request - can we make the health bar on our teammates optional (toggle in the settings)? It gets super confusing as I keep thinking they are vampires... From the distance it´s not obvious if it is a vamp or a human, not to mention when there are all players in one bunch it´s super hard to follow who is who now. We can already see their health status in the right corner, which I think is completely sufficient.

That is a bug that shouldn't have made it into this build... will be ironed out with the next.

Cintax
21st May 2014, 20:53
That is a bug that shouldn't have made it into this build... will be ironed out with the next.

Yay! So glad that's not intentional and mandatory.

RainaAudron
21st May 2014, 21:06
Oh, I see! Thanks for the info.

EDIT: Is it just me, or am I the only who gets "unable to retrieve user status" and the game closes... :( it did it so far twice during this night.

Prime_Abstergo
28th May 2014, 08:22
Please tell me we'll have a patch today or at least tomorrow. :naughty: I can't wait for Prophet any longer! Psyonix PLEASE! :worship:

cmstache
28th May 2014, 13:52
It's possible, but even so there's no guarantee about the Prophet. We known about her for much longer than we knew about the Deceiver before he came in. My6 advice, don't plan on it, then if it appears mysteriously you'll be more excited.

SiD_Green
29th May 2014, 13:04
New update 5/29?