PDA

View Full Version : Nosgoth as a Planetside style game

Mifune013
15th May 2014, 20:10
Not really suggesting that they should do this (unless they want) as they're probably way to far into development for a change this big, however;

Anyone else think it would be cooler if Nosgoth was more like Planetside? What I mean is just a big open world where Humans and Vampires are fighting for dominance, oppose to the small 4v4 maps. There is an obvious problem with this idea, of course. Too many people would probably play as Vampires (though you could have a balance system in place).

Anyways, just an idea I wanted to share.

Vampmaster
15th May 2014, 22:25
The sites that advertised Nosgoth as an MMO were using the looser (less accurate IMO) definition of it. I don't think the engine was designed to handle a massive persistant world like that.

RainaAudron
15th May 2014, 23:28
Yep, large scale worlds are not the direction that Nosgoth is heading into. All maps are arenas which allow small concentration of team of players as that´s what is focus on the game. However, more game modes are considered for the future but none of them I assume will be on a massive scale.

pentiumradeon
19th May 2014, 16:50
Im pretty sure from what Ive played that this game's mechanics were designed with a tactical small team based mindset.