PDA

View Full Version : May 15 Patch Alert - New Evolved Skins/ Level Cap

DunhamSmash
15th May 2014, 19:12
Hey everyone,

We have a blog going up on this tomorrow, but as some of you have already seen when logging into Steam, we have a new patch coming out today as of right now (servers are in maintenance mode as we post this, but the update is there).

What's in it?

If you're a Reaver, Sentinel, or Tyrant fan then it's definitely something cool.

We have a brand new Evolved Skin for each of those three classes, in addition to an Increased Level Cap (now 25).

There are some other additions in there as well -- collision-related bits, tweaks to the Sweeping Kick (faster cooldown, now it just stumbles opponents instead of knocking them down), and a few more things we'll list in tomorrow's blog.

Let us know if you have any questions!

Dorzy1
15th May 2014, 19:16
I assume the evolved skins are got once the class is lvl 25?

Saruwatari
15th May 2014, 19:17
Thanks for the info :)
Will the evolved skins be unlocked at the new level cap or still at level 20?

NickTsiou
15th May 2014, 19:26
Thank the Elder God the skins are here....

-jesus christ here btw I guess I am playing frequently with the guys above :P

Saecred-XIV
15th May 2014, 19:30
The Evolved Skins will be unlocked once you have hit level 25 with your respective Vampire class.

That's all i'll spill for now ;) Enjoy!

-SXIV

Saruwatari
15th May 2014, 19:35
The Evolved Skins will be unlocked once you have hit level 25 with your respective Vampire class.

-SXIV
And once again thanks for the clearup :)
Now just to wait for the Server to get back up again '3'

Obisher
15th May 2014, 19:53
I would just like to report that the skin names are messed up. On Reaver skin it says Evolved Turelim, and on Tyrant skin it says Evolved Dumahim.

Saecred-XIV
15th May 2014, 19:57
I would just like to report that the skin names are messed up. On Reaver skin it says Evolved Turelim, and on Tyrant skin it says Evolved Dumahim.

Thanks Obisher, it's being looked into as to how they got switched around.

ICantPauseItMom
15th May 2014, 20:18
Looks great!
Chat bug still not fix? /ragequit!
JK but ya :P
Hope to see more updates soon!

DunhamSmash
15th May 2014, 20:36

If you could do us a favor and submit a formal bug? We're checking here in the studio and they are correctly displayed. Does restarting the game from Steam fix it?

Thanks!

Saecred-XIV
15th May 2014, 20:39
If you could do us a favor and submit a formal bug? We're checking here in the studio and they are correctly displayed. Does restarting the game from Steam fix it?

Thanks!

No need for this one, we got it fixed already :) Got a back-end Hotfix for it.

Obisher
15th May 2014, 20:43

Thanks!

They fixed it in the meantime :) I didn't think it was a very big deal so I didn't do a formal bug report, just wanted to let you guys know about it. And I think only the Legacy of Kain fans would notice it anyway since it was just a mix up with the clan names.

DunhamSmash
15th May 2014, 20:50
No need for this one, we got it fixed already :) Got a back-end Hotfix for it.

Victory!

Fatereaver
15th May 2014, 21:38

-SXIV

I am sorry to say, but this feels like a kick to the shin. After having grinded for days on end to get all my vampires up to level 20 to get my evolved skins only for the level cap to get raised to 25 feels almost like a carrot on a fishing line... No wait, it does.
Also I have already seen someone who bought the skins which kinda defeats the intention for the skins to be "veteran" skins. Now they are just "Ooooh, look at me, I have money!!! Whoooohoooo!" If any impatient brat with a wallet full of cash can get the skins now while those of us who are actually veterans and worked for those skins for up to several weeks can't get them until we throw down even more of our free time... Yeah... This actually strikes me as kind of greedy. And I am guessing this decision came from higher up the corperate foodchain. So I have no ill will towards you, the hard working developers, but those holding your leash has certainly caught my ire.

ICantPauseItMom
15th May 2014, 21:50
Lobby issue just starting happening: Room fills up and counter finishes, then game starts looking for a sec, then brings everyone back to the main screen of game (in some other cases just back into lobby)
Happening multiple times.

Sanguise23
15th May 2014, 21:53
i see the skins unlock at 25 as a way of making you lv up at least a little now that they are released and not just an unlock cause you already capped lv. people complain to much....and this is coming from someone who really want them bad

Dorzy1
15th May 2014, 21:53
I am sorry to say, but this feels like a kick to the shin. After having grinded for days on end to get all my vampires up to level 20 to get my evolved skins only for the level cap to get raised to 25 feels almost like a carrot on a fishing line... No wait, it does.
Also I have already seen someone who bought the skins which kinda defeats the intention for the skins to be "veteran" skins. Now they are just "Ooooh, look at me, I have money!!! Whoooohoooo!" If any impatient brat with a wallet full of cash can get the skins now while those of us who are actually veterans and worked for those skins for up to several weeks can't get them until we throw down even more of our free time... Yeah... This actually strikes me as kind of greedy. And I am guessing this decision came from higher up the corperate foodchain. So I have no ill will towards you, the hard working developers, but those holding your leash has certainly caught my ire.

Yeah gotta say you took the word right out my mouth fate iv worked my butt off last couple of days trying to lvl them in preparation for the skins but knowing they can be bought kinda makes it a waste of time ... These are sad times.... The main think for me is I don't think they should be able to be bought

Fatereaver
15th May 2014, 21:57
i see the skins unlock at 25 as a way of making you lv up at least a little now that they are released and not just an unlock cause you already capped lv. people complain to much....and this is coming from someone who really want them bad

No, it is exactly the opposite. We, the people, don't voice our frustrations enough. We let greedy corporations like SquareEnix, SEGA, Activision, EA etc etc Step over all fair boundaries and then cut them to ribbons, kicking and screaming! You are not protecting some poor down on his/her luck developer with no support net here. You are protecting a faceless, merciless, pitiless corporate entity. I said myself that I harbor no ill will towards the developers. So if it is them you are trying to protect then you can stop it right now, cause I am not going after them.
And as for complaining too much, how dare you... This is the first time I have ever raised my voice on this forum. Ever!

Sanguise23
15th May 2014, 21:57
they said from the get go that they would be able to be bought

Obisher
15th May 2014, 22:42
I only had a reaver leveled up to 20, and I must say I was quite disappointed when I heard we will be getting skins when we reach lvl25. But I bought the evolved reaver skin anyway. Since I don't have really that much time to play nowadays I decided to buy that skin instead of waiting to get to lvl25.

Also, one of the reasons why I decided to buy it was to support the devs. If I got the evolved reaver skin for free, I would probably buy evolved skin for another class. I really think they did a fantastic job and they deserve my money for at least one of those skins.

TheLegendHawk
16th May 2014, 00:15
When we are talking about skins,, i bought the hunters skin yesterday but it didnt work, didnt show up is it a bug that it dont show for me ? or is it something wrong ? werent sure were to post this, anyway thanks :D

Saruwatari
16th May 2014, 05:27
You guys do realise that this company still has to make money somehow?
So now that probably half the games population already capped most of their classes, who would buy the skins?
They are pretty high quality and a lot of work has been put into them to make them as awesome as their are now.
Be happy they actually want to give these to you for free guys, i sure am and it gives me something as kind of a goal for leveling atm.
And mind you, i'm not even close to 20 with most of my Vamps other than Tyrant. ;)

Calverp
16th May 2014, 06:59
they said from the get go that they would be able to be bought

^ This

Saruwatari
16th May 2014, 08:03
When we are talking about skins,, i bought the hunters skin yesterday but it didnt work, didnt show up is it a bug that it dont show for me ? or is it something wrong ? werent sure were to post this, anyway thanks :D

You have to pick your skin before the game in the armory^^

I only had a reaver leveled up to 20, and I must say I was quite disappointed when I heard we will be getting skins when we reach lvl25. But I bought the evolved reaver skin anyway. Since I don't have really that much time to play nowadays I decided to buy that skin instead of waiting to get to lvl25.

Also, one of the reasons why I decided to buy it was to support the devs. If I got the evolved reaver skin for free, I would probably buy evolved skin for another class. I really think they did a fantastic job and they deserve my money for at least one of those skins.

While i want to support the devs and the game too, i'll keep the evolved skins as kind of a goal to ork towards too, they make awesome rewards for that :)
But i'll definitely buy a skin or two for the prophet, or even another one for the alchi :)

Vampmaster
16th May 2014, 08:17
What they should do is have these evolved unlockable (like they already have done) and then charge for the variant evolved skins, but alas they've decided these will be the only elder skins they will make for these classes. Apparently, they don't like money.

Disclaimer: Later is fine, but never would just be a huge let down. They should take their time and get them right.

Fatereaver
16th May 2014, 09:00
What they should do is have these evolved unlockable (like they already have done) and then charge for the variant evolved skins, but alas they've decided these will be the only elder skins they will make for these classes. Apparently, they don't like money.

Disclaimer: Later is fine, but never would just be a huge let down. They should take their time and get them right.

Completely agree with you. That would have been the ethical way out. Oh and they like money. That is why they are doing it this way for now. Those variant skins you are talking about may well be in the works. No... They are probably already in the works. Seeing the number of people in this forum thread and others concerning this update and the willingness to part ways with their money they may well pull this stunt multiple times in the future.

Vampmaster
16th May 2014, 09:13
Completely agree with you. That would have been the ethical way out. Oh and they like money. That is why they are doing it this way for now. Those variant skins you are talking about may well be in the works. No... They are probably already in the works. Seeing the number of people in this forum thread and others concerning this update and the willingness to part ways with their money they may well pull this stunt multiple times in the future.

No, they've actually said they have ruled out variant evolved skins altogether and the reason was that they weren't part of Nosgoth's original design and that sticking to the lore was more important, implying that the evolved skins do not fit with the lore:

http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=10800&page=8

The whole reason the evolved ones were added was because the existing skins didn't closely match the lore for the clans.

Saruwatari
16th May 2014, 09:21
Free to play, oh is that what you call the 14,60 Euro entry fee I payed to get into this beta
Yes, still a free game, you chose to buy a Founders pack to help the devs. If you wanted a complete free to play experience you should have either waited to get a closed beta code, or waited for the open beta, easy as that.

And yeah, of course they want to make money?
Like i said earlier, how many people do you think have their classes already maxed?
They need people to buy their skins, it's their main income of money (or so i think at least)
I can understand you're frustrated but man, i'm happy i can get some awesome skins for free, just gonna be more patient :)

Vampmaster
16th May 2014, 09:26
I was exaggerating about them not wanting to make money. However, patience isn't going to do much good when something is already stated as not going to happen. If they merely said it wouldn't be for a while, I wouldn't have a problem.

RainaAudron
16th May 2014, 11:53
Please calm down people and do not defer to flaming, or slamming of the developers, as none of these will be tolerated. I advise everyone here to reread the ToU again, (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/announcement.php?a=1)which you all agreed to when you signed up to post here. If posting in this way will continue, this thread will be locked.

NickTsiou
16th May 2014, 13:53
I have to agree on Vampmaster's idea... I was telling the guys in-game yesterday the exact same thing, I do understand that either company (Psyonix or SE) need to make money but again when I see stuff like "evolved skins do not fit the lore" I want to burn the guy who told that alive.... Parrot-skins do not fit the lore, pistols do not fit the lore Daniel's skins are the only thing fitting the lore actually.... I understand the new cap was a policy aiming at either buying the skins or boosters and I too think it is unfair considering that in a previous interview they said they would be unlockable at lvl 20, but after all it is not that far from the previous cap; so name calling isn't nessecary and by all means should be punished IMHO.

P.S. perhaps the moderators should be less passionate when it comes to defending million-dollar-making-companies that have eliminated our chances for an actual LoK game and not a kinda-related one.

That said the skins look AWESOME!!!!

RainaAudron
16th May 2014, 14:08
NickTsiou: Please do not question moderator action as it is specified in ToU no. 16. (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/announcement.php?a=1#rule16)

With that being said, the thread is now closed for a few days and will be re-opened afterwards.