PDA

View Full Version : Hacking David Sarif's computer

DoctorJensen
25th Jun 2012, 05:40
Okay, this has been bothering me.

It appears in the leaked beta, or at least some earlier version of DX:HR it was possible to hack into David Sarif's computer at some point in the game. You can even get the password from Prichard's computer. Yet I cannot find any point in the game where you get the opportunity to do this hack and read his emails. Even those times where he wasn't in his office, his computer wasn't usable. I've messed around with the developer mode and tried just about everything. Any ideas?

singularity
27th Jun 2012, 08:56
I can almost swear I've hacked his email before. in fact, I think I remember waiting till then to upgrade to hacking 5, because it was a level 5 computer and I didn't have the passcode.

Any help? Its obviously at a very specific point in the game. One of the (many) return trips to Detroit.

DoctorJensen
27th Jun 2012, 18:32
Yeah, if it is hackable it is certainly at a very specific point in the game. Help us uncover the conspiracy.

DoctorJensen
29th Jul 2012, 00:24
688 views and nobody has an idea how to do this?

Pinky_Powers
29th Jul 2012, 04:15
Yeah, sorry, I can't help you. I'm pretty sure I did it, but can't remember the when and where of it. It was after you meet Sarif's private investigator, I'm thinking. Because I seem to remember finding some of those same emails on his machine.

I'll look into it, as I'm right there again in my current playthrough.

hybridex
30th Jul 2012, 02:43
You cannot hack Sarif computer.. Although, it was a pleasure hacking Pritchard's. Too bad you can't knock him anywhere in the game. But, it made up being able to knock out (or kill) Taggart..

SDF121
30th Jul 2012, 05:41
Yeah, sorry, I can't help you. I'm pretty sure I did it, but can't remember the when and where of it. It was after you meet Sarif's private investigator, I'm thinking. Because I seem to remember finding some of those same emails on his machine.

I'll look into it, as I'm right there again in my current playthrough.

I think you may be thinking of the email correspondence between Sarif and the private investigator which Sarif decides to forward to your email account if you can persuade him to be more forthcoming.

Pinky_Powers
30th Jul 2012, 07:45
I think you may be thinking of the email correspondence between Sarif and the private investigator which Sarif decides to forward to your email account if you can persuade him to be more forthcoming.

That's probably what I was thinking of.

Turns out I didn't get a chance to try hacking the other day. My game decided to break on me and refused to load any save files. It just shows the loading screen and never goes anywhere. I'll have to reinstall and see if that fixes it.

SageSavage
30th Jul 2012, 07:50
Have you tried turnin' it off and on again?

Pinky_Powers
31st Jul 2012, 03:28
Have you tried turnin' it off and on again?

I'm on the PC. And since it just sits on the loading screen, I've had to Ctl-Alt-Del and close down the app. And when I re-launch, the problem remains. So I'm thinking re-install.

Ilves
31st Jul 2012, 06:49
I recall getting into David's computer in the preview build; there's an opportunity right after the conversation where he tells you about the police station mission.

DoctorJensen
14th Aug 2012, 09:38
There is indeed a video of his computer being hacked and the emails on it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDWtJvtBuG0

Yes I read them, but this is one of those things nagging at me that I want to do myself. Why would this have been in the preview build and them removed for the real game?

brangdon
20th Aug 2012, 16:19
I think there's a point at which you can hack his secretary's computer. Perhaps you were thinking of that.