PDA

View Full Version : I wrote some music for a possible HR Sequel Intro movie

iquercus
17th Jun 2012, 18:06
Hey all, long-time lurker, and Deus Ex fan since 2001. I finally feel like I have something worthy to contribute to you all. I wrote some music for a hypothetical Human Revolution sequel intro I had dreamed up. You can check it out here:

Track 1 - Intro Cinematic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib-Stxx9VtI

[Updated 07/13/2012] I've added a brand new track as appreciation for all the positive comments I received from you all. Thanks and listen here:

Track 2 - Opening Walk and Talk: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkR7NT-yfkM

JCpies
17th Jun 2012, 20:34
J-ANUS rules.

iquercus
18th Jun 2012, 16:05
I hope we see more of him. But I also hope he's not an AI. Shoot, I'd rather he be Bob Page playing both sides than an AI. ;)

JCpies
18th Jun 2012, 17:54
I hope he is an AI.

I don't know, maybe a master hacker fighting for freedom.

Or maybe like you said, an Illuminati member manipulating both sides.

It can only be called... a conspiracy.

iquercus
19th Jun 2012, 21:00
I feel like the AI business has been done to death in the series though. Morpheus/Daedalus/Icarus/Helios/Eliza.

JCpies
20th Jun 2012, 13:18
True, but I think AI are cool. I guess we have to wait and see what James Swallow has up his sleeve.

bat_brain
12th Jul 2012, 02:03
whats jesper kyd up to these days anyway?

certainly not doing 'absolution, from what i gather.

i think it'd be neat if he collaborated with mr. mccann, maybe for the pre,prequel.

not that it's likely to happen, but yknow.

El_Bel
12th Jul 2012, 04:08
I feel like the AI business has been done to death in the series though. Morpheus/Daedalus/Icarus/Helios/Eliza.

Don't forget The Oracle...

iquercus
12th Jul 2012, 22:38
Don't forget The Oracle...

Hehe, yup, so many I can't even keep track.

Thanks everyone for the support and the likes of the track. As a thank you, I took some time from some other projects to write another track for the beginning of this hypothetical DXHR sequel I dreamed up. I'm in the process of mastering the music so it sounds exactly like I want and I will post it soon! :whistle:

Again thank you all for listening.

I will admit, just writing music for an imaginary sequel is making me impatient for the actual sequel!

iquercus
13th Jul 2012, 23:01
Hi all,

The latest track is complete, written for a hypothetical walk and talk intro similar to Megan and Adam's at the beginning of DXHR.

You can listen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkR7NT-yfkM

Here's the description:

The intro movie for this hypothetical Deus Ex Human Revolution sequel is over. In it we saw Adam Jensen rescued from the wreckage of Panchaea by a mysterious helicopter under the influence of the mysterious Janus.

Now Adam finds himself awakening from his sedated recovery in a bleak, grungy, and dimly lit makeshift medical bay. As he awakens and stands bleak chords play slowly, hinting at elements of Adam's apartment theme but with ominous chords meandering beneath. The world of this sequel is darker, sadder, the wonder with which you explored Sarif with Megan for the first time is replaced with a sense of discomfort and dread. In Human Revolution, it wasn't the end of the world, but you could see it. Now you find yourself in the beginning of the end. In the room is a man who introduces himself as a Juan Lebedev, explaining that he helped rescue Adam from Panchaea. (0:00-1:02).

As Adam inquires about where he is, Lebedev offers to show him, and we begin the walk and talk intro, similar to the walk and talk intro we embarked on with Megan in the previous title. The world outside of the makeshift medical bay is even more grim. From the piping and stench it's clear the facility is underground. As they walk, Lebedev explains that a resistance movememnt is growing and that he is a member of a resistance cell. This is one of their facilities. Percussion and low end harps play unfeelingly, mechanically, as the two make their way through the dimly lit underground facility (1:02-1:38).

Jensen and Lebedev finally emerge into a large chamber, surprisingly clean, with the walls lined with weapons and ammunition. At the far end, a large industrial door. The music picks up as they enter the chamber. We hear a dark but almost heroic melody on piano (1:38), yes piano, sadly missing from DXHR but a staple in the music of the original Deus Ex. They enter the chamber Lebedev explains that the cell is part of the "New Sons of Freedom. The grand daddy of the NSF in the original Deus Ex. The melody on piano ends with menacing low end chords, hinting at the larger conspiracy the New Sons of Freedom face, whether aware of it or not. All the while harps play a permutation of the Icarus Theme ostinato from DXHR (1:38-2:15).

Jensen and Lebedev arrive at the industrial sized door, and Jensen asks what the purpose of this facility is. Without speaking a word, Lebedev presses a button, and the door opens to the training grounds beyond (2:15). Jensen and Lebedev walk past dozens of training soldiers...resistance members...to Adam's SWAT brain, even terrorists.

And yet the player knows what this is...these are the precursors to the NSF we meet in the original Deus Ex. Who knows, perhaps some of these men will be encountered by JC Denton over 20 years later.

A new theme has taken over at this point (2:15), I call it the "Resistance Theme." It is heroic, hopeful, and yet ultimately tinged with sadness over the inevitable fate to which the world is doomed. We know, we are on a set train ride to the events of the original Deus Ex, no matter what.

Keen ears who recall the Intro Music I wrote will also catch the "Janus Mystery Theme" playing subtly over the "Resistance Theme" that starts at 2:15. Janus is behind all this, an influencer, if not full on orchestrator. He is watching.

As Adam continues to take in the world around him, Lebedev interrupts, (3:03), he explains that they still have a long way to go, that the forces they face are far more powerful than Jensen can imagine. And that they could use someone like Adam.

And so the walk and talk intro ends. And we cut to the opening credits....