PDA

View Full Version : Adamn Jensen - Something much more beyond DX:HR

PKMNTrainerBLUE
29th May 2012, 16:53
As I played this game further, I get this buggy and naggy feeling. That naggy feeling gets worse toward the end as I dread the conclusion of Adam Jensen's coming. I wasn't satisfied with what was going on infront of me. The game's plot and setting themseves, excluding the music, were insignificant, and I can careless about them. I just wanted something bigger for Adam Jensen, something much more beyond the game, maybe another more "epic" game. The term epic doesn't mean extreme graphic or extreme action orientated genre, thought another possible "epic" game should have the best of the best. His environment was insignificant and not worthy of him, IMO. The setting and plot of the game make him less then what he should have been. I want him in something MUCH more! I don't know! I felt like he was held down by this game's setting, plot, and environment.

I wanted him in something that put an extreme artistic and POSITIVE emphasis on humanity in someway. I wanted him to be like the manifestation of what is human, what is real and about being human. This game did not do enough!

I want MORE of Adam Jensen!!!

I wasn't satisfied and demand that Adam Jensen be put in another world! or something that made him what he SHOULD HAVE BEEN!

Does anyone else get this naggy feeling that this game did not do the character justice?

I - WANT - MORE - OF - ADAM - JENSEN! --- done RIGHT!!!

I wish for him to coincieve human being at a deeper level and take an active role in guiding its future instead of a passive pick someone else's vision. I want him to say "your vision is wrong, mine is better because I know people better" and choose a future base on his believes. had the game had this ending, I would have been more satisfied.

m G h m u o s
29th May 2012, 21:00
What about the comics? I haven't read them but they've got more AJ for you.. I think o.o

JCpies
29th May 2012, 21:03
Do you have the AJ action figure?

TrickyVein
29th May 2012, 21:15
I have the lunchbox and the collectible wool socks.

Ashpolt
30th May 2012, 02:59
Said it before, will probably say it again. I liked Adam but don't feel the need to see any more of him, and definitely don't want to see the Deus Ex franchise become the Adam Jensen show. New protagonist for the next game, please.

TrickyVein
30th May 2012, 03:15
We've had a new protagonist with each new title thus far, intentional or no. It's worked so far, and I'd like to see it continue. It seems to be how Deus Ex games get made. Consider that each protagonist has been put through the same exact story-arc. An agent, operative, or 'player' in whatever capacity uncovers some truth about him or herself which transforms the seemingly mundane into the extraordinary. Adam has discovered this truth. His story has been told.

JCpies
30th May 2012, 14:17
We should have a female protagonist then, if it's not just an alternate skin like it was done in IW, it could be quite interesting.

PKMNTrainerBLUE
30th May 2012, 18:04
Damnit, I don't want anymore prequels or action figure... I want to be satisfied!

I want him in something else or a sequel and I want him to take an active role because he know what is right over the other ppls... so there can only be ONE ending!

JCpies
30th May 2012, 18:22
he know what is right over the other ppls... so there can only be ONE ending!

That depends on what kind of Adam you play as.

Flame Haze
30th May 2012, 19:41
I'm also unsatisfied with the Plot.
I'd like to know how it ends with Megan and Adam. There's no word about them in Deus Ex 1 except the Secretary (possible).

So I would love to play Adam Jensen again in the next one...or at least in a DLC.

MOAR CONSPIRACY !

lmprv
30th May 2012, 19:42
Well, we know that Elias Toufexis is involved in the next game, in some way - he tweeted (later deleted) about doing motion capture, at the same time that David Anfossi did (could be a coincidence, of course!). OTOH, in that 30min playthrough interview with those-3-guys (I forget who.. it was in Feb I think) he mentioned that he hoped that EM would bring back Adam for the next game, suggesting - at the time that interview was released, anyway - that Adam wasn't coming back. So who knows what will happen :)

Consider that each protagonist has been put through the same exact story-arc. An agent, operative, or 'player' in whatever capacity uncovers some truth about him or herself which transforms the seemingly mundane into the extraordinary. Adam has discovered this truth. His story has been told.

Yeah that's a really good point. I'd refine it a bit - at its heart DX are games are about the counterculture - think the matrix, situationists, etc - where you have a hero that embodies cool (emotional and physical detachment, individual, loner, sunglasses, etc) that over the course of the story realizes that mainstream society is controlling, inauthentic, manufactured and a lie.

Also - there was that interview with JF (can't remember where, sorry) talking about DXHR's ending - I'm paraphrasing here, but he said that they considered Adam's story arc over once you got to Panchea. Whether he meant for DXHR, or for the DX franchise full-stop, I don't know. But I'm sure he will be in the next game, in some aspect anyway. My own hunch is some kind of tragic twist-reveal thing, but who knows :)

m G h m u o s
30th May 2012, 19:56
I don't really want Adam to return for another DX lol. Maybe.. Human Revolution 2? O__o

Consider that each protagonist has been put through the same exact story-arc. An agent, operative, or 'player' in whatever capacity uncovers some truth about him or herself which transforms the seemingly mundane into the extraordinary.
lol generalising can make anything sound the same. Of course the story will take the mundane to the extraordinary.. it'd be a boring-ass story if it didn't lol. But I would like to see them really mix it up with the protagonist next time, as a JCpie suggested a proper female lead would be interesting.

DaedalusIcarusHelios
30th May 2012, 20:54
I would like to see some kind of DLC, or something similar to HL2 Episode 1 or 2. Not something necessarily as long as the full HR, but something that can expand on Adam's story while we wait for the next "full" version of Deus Ex, which I would think would perhaps be about Paul Denton, or an early prototype hybrid character that would lead us to the creation of Paul.

TrickyVein
31st May 2012, 20:32
Too general? Indeed. So more specifically, each Deus Ex title has featured a lead character who is blissfully unaware of the larger forces at work in his/her life, who goes on to confront these forces and ultimately directs them in some way to change the world. It's an awful lot for one person to go through, let alone twice . It would be unconvincing the second time around, and probably come off as trite. It would be more interesting to let the DX-storytelling trope lay claim to another victim, or - then again - telling a different kind of story would be fresh as well, but the nature of conspiracy makes that difficult to fathom.

Flame Haze
2nd Jun 2012, 21:51
But out of all Deus Ex Games Human Revolution has the most unsatisfieing ending...
Even Invisible War had a more...complete ending.

Ok maybe with another Protagonist but at least let us know how it goes on with Adam and Megan as side characters Or a second Deus Ex book :>

m G h m u o s
2nd Jun 2012, 22:17
Too general? Indeed. So more specifically, each Deus Ex title has featured a lead character who is blissfully unaware of the larger forces at work in his/her life, who goes on to confront these forces and ultimately directs them in some way to change the world. It's an awful lot for one person to go through, let alone twice . It would be unconvincing the second time around, and probably come off as trite. It would be more interesting to let the DX-storytelling trope lay claim to another victim, or - then again - telling a different kind of story would be fresh as well, but the nature of conspiracy makes that difficult to fathom.
Things are similar, the idea of a technologically out-dated augmented dude was cool, but with conspiracy as the central theme of the series then how are else are they supposed to reveal a world of conspiracy to a character? Unless the character we control in some crazy ass twist is in fact a member of the Illuminati or something lol.

I would like to see some kind of DLC, or something similar to HL2 Episode 1 or 2. Not something necessarily as long as the full HR, but something that can expand on Adam's story while we wait for the next "full" version of Deus Ex, which I would think would perhaps be about Paul Denton, or an early prototype hybrid character that would lead us to the creation of Paul.
Hmm ok. Could be cool. Maybe some mini-story arc based off all the different endings in DXHR. Could also give some closure for other characters, Megan reunited with her mother and stuff, Sarifs company and everything.

JCpies
2nd Jun 2012, 22:29
Hmm ok. Could be cool. Maybe some mini-story arc based off all the different endings in DXHR. Could also give some closure for other characters, Megan reunited with her mother and stuff, Sarifs company and everything.

What if you killed her mother?

(Not saying I did! :D)

m G h m u o s
3rd Jun 2012, 11:39
What if you killed her mother?

(Not saying I did! )
LOL now that you mention it..