PDA

View Full Version : Deus Ex:Future Warfare is here

Rainbow6Team
4th May 2012, 21:52
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3tedlWs1XY

Heck it takes place 2 years before Deus Ex:HR.

Ashbery76
5th May 2012, 17:16
In my view that just looks a absolute pile of ****.

lowenz
5th May 2012, 20:47
LOL, the music is literally the same!

Rainbow6Team
6th May 2012, 00:26
We never asked for this....

Oh well,might as well sit near the fireplace and listen to Grandpa Woods as he tells stories of the cold war and future war.

JCpies
6th May 2012, 06:11
There's music in that trailer, I really couldn't hear anything when I watched it. Maybe I'm just not paying attention.

OMGITSJASON
6th May 2012, 21:11
Looks interesting for a COD game.

McFlabbergasty
7th May 2012, 14:18
FFS, another Call of Duty? Give it another year and they'll be on "Modern War4". :mad2:

[FGS]Shadowrunner
11th May 2012, 17:00
Congratulations to the COD team... it must have been really hard for them to copy B2 bombers and drones and call it 2025. It must have been even harder to come up with the highly original and worthwhile plot of America under attack by Arabs. I guess all their creative juices are drained from having thought up the game where you shoot civilians in a Russian airport. Real class entertainment. Perhaps I'm being unfair, the team deserve awards for ripping vehicle design from "Avatar" at 0:28 as well. I don't even like the editing of the trailer.

Shralla
11th May 2012, 17:57
Those vehicles don't really look anything like the ones from Avatar, and that's hardly a unique design.

JCpies
11th May 2012, 18:01
Shadowrunner;1755377']Congratulations to the COD team... it must have been really hard for them to copy B2 bombers and drones and call it 2025. It must have been even harder to come up with the highly original and worthwhile plot of America under attack by Arabs. I guess all their creative juices are drained from having thought up the game where you shoot civilians in a Russian airport. Real class entertainment. Perhaps I'm being unfair, the team deserve awards for ripping vehicle design from "Avatar" at 0:28 as well. I don't even like the editing of the trailer.

I messaged a character designer for Infinity Ward on Facebook once. A CHARACTER DESIGNER. WHAT.

ZakKa89
11th May 2012, 20:29
Those vehicles don't really look anything like the ones from Avatar, and that's hardly a unique design.

yup, its hardly original. The one in black ops is the worst I've ever seen though. It just looks butt ugly.

CNC
http://nyerguds.arsaneus-design.com/cncimg/img_archive/renders/orca2.jpg

Starcraft 2:
http://images.wikia.com/starcraft/images/0/0d/Banshee_SC2_DevRend2.jpg

Saerain
11th May 2012, 22:53
I can't help but laugh at the battlemechs. There's speculative sci-fi, then there's stupid bull****, and mechs are kinda far to the right of that spectrum.

Shralla
12th May 2012, 06:18
I can't help but laugh at the battlemechs. There's speculative sci-fi, then there's stupid bull****, and mechs are kinda far to the right of that spectrum.

???

cNZPRsrwumQ

JCpies
12th May 2012, 07:31
The limbed mechs in the trailer seem improbable to me, they're not as versatile as robots like Big Dog and they're slower than the ones with wheels.

m G h m u o s
12th May 2012, 08:04
Yeah mechs are pretty stupid lol but they're a symbol/trope of sci-fi. There are tanks nowadays that are a million times more versatile than the mechs in sci-fi that walk around slow and clunkily. Some lighter tanks can go like 80 km/h or something ridiculous.

I always found the kinda.. big battle anime mechs? Not sure what you call them exactly, but they're pretty humanoid and carry big guns and stuff? Those are cool but ultimately just like "whut?". You have the tech to make those things, but surely you'd also have EMP, nanites or super sonic sniper cannons that can easily counter them lol

I remember watching that BigDog vid aaaages ago, it felt unreal. Just creepy how it balances itself when it slips. Funny it makes MGS4s ridiculous Gekkos looks more plausible that BO2s mech thing lol.