PDA

View Full Version : Question about DX franchise and DXHR

[FGS]Shadowrunner
30th Apr 2012, 19:21
Hi all,

Apologies if there is a topic or discussion, but have not found one. My question is, how many people are there in the world who bought DXHR and also bought DX1 (and/or 2)? Also I wonder how many of the DX1 or 2 copies sold to date, were sold since Eidos released DXHR trailers, or since the leak or release of the game? Am I right in saying roughly speaking, DXHR has sold more copies in six months, than DX1 did in 10 years?

Zerim
1st May 2012, 07:21
I bought the original back in 2004, never actually played Invisible War. I remember DX1 was a HUGE hit back in the day too, so it's not like Blade Runner where it's value is just recently being realized after 10 years.

I'm absolutely sure DXHR caused some resurrection in DX1 sales, since I personally know a lot of people who played the original for the first time because of it. But I have no sales numbers, so this post was of no real help at all and I should just kill myself now.

[FGS]Shadowrunner
1st May 2012, 12:17
Far from it, Bladerunner is interesting. It's what you call a "sleeper hit".

I was 13 years old when Bladerunner was released, none of us saw it I think. The movies of the day were "Alien" and "The Thing". But at University, it had become a must-watch movie for most film buffs. It was also one of the first movies to have the "Director's cut" supercede the studio release.

I had DX1's demo from PCGamer or similiar and bought the game in 2002. Since then I've bought probably around 6 copies, some of them used. I've borrowed IW and bought it twice as well. I anticipate I will buy DXHR two or three times.

What I want to know actually is how many PC copies of DX1 were sold since trailers of DXHR to date.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
1st May 2012, 13:08
Shadowrunner;1753235']

What I want to know actually is how many PC copies of DX1 were sold since trailers of DXHR to date.

Yeah, that would be interesting to know.
Would it be worth shooting an email to SE's marketing department to request figures?
http://www.square-enix.com/

[FGS]Shadowrunner
2nd May 2012, 11:28
Definitely it would, thanks for the link. I thought it might have already been reported in the press, but I didn't find anything.

ZakKa89
2nd May 2012, 12:13
I bought the original back in 2003, when it was recomended to me by a friend. Obviously I pre-ordered DEHR.

I asked about the sales numbers of DEHR before on this forum. I just raelly want to know how succesful the game is. The creators deserve to be filthy rich.

Pldgmygrievance
3rd May 2012, 02:07
Hey guys. Its been a while since I've been here. I was hoping someone could remind me which thread to visit for all the connections in Human Revolution to the original game. Thanks for the help!

OMGITSJASON
7th May 2012, 03:15
i bought the original off STEAM a few years ago. I bought Deus Ex: HR release day.

FranchiseBasket8
16th May 2012, 04:02
I had gone through the site. The DX franchise and later the DXHR are both one of the best things that are very popular and also providing the user to get exited. I didn't practice it more, but interested a lot in such activities. Please produce some more attachments for the more detailed view.

food franchise (http://www.franchisebasket.com/)
internet franchise (http://www.franchisebasket.com/)