PDA

View Full Version : Foxiest Of The Hounds Frustration

GiantJames
26th Apr 2012, 18:33
Sir's, Ma'am's, Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am a PS3 gamer and rate Deus Ex HR as one of my favourite games. I remember being thoroughly addicted to DE: Invisible War on the XBox and IMHO Human Revolution lived up to that legacy.

Now for a regrettable whinge: I have played through vanilla HR three times (utter bliss) and on each and every play through I have painstakingly ensured that I received the 'Smooth Operator' bonus as and when it can be awarded (using the superlative Deus Ex Wikipedia check list and the sources on this great site). I got 'Legend' and 'Pacifist' on my first play through and was mildly perturbed when the 'Foxiest' trophy did not unlock. Two eventful, no kill, no alarm, no failed hack, SMO blessed playthroughs later and still I am bereft of the aforementioned trophy. :mad2:

Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so what caused it? Where am I going wrong and how the heck do I resolve the issue? I can say that if I ever got into a 'Foxiest' breaking in game situation I reloaded a previous save. I am loathe to start another play through without some expert advice lest the Deus Ex credits roll without that 'drring' Foxiest, 'drring' 'Platinum'.

Please help. It's doing my head in.

JCpies
26th Apr 2012, 18:42
Just acknowledge that trophies are a stupid peripheral, they don't matter, just acknowledge you've completed the challenge and let it go.

Stellazira
26th Apr 2012, 18:59
The Foxiest was my last playthrough when I got my Platinum, so I can't say I experienced this.

I printed out a SO list and followed it as I played through the game. At the start of every main quest mission I saved over one save file, and then had others as I played through the mission. If I didn't get the SO bonus, then I backed up to the start of the mission. Since I had played through the game twice before I saved before times that I knew may take a few tries to get through. To give myself the best chance of getting the trophy I did that playthrough on "Tell me a story" as a sort of reward for getting the Pacifist trophy on "Give me Deus Ex" difficulty.

Which guide are you specifically using? I used the Deus Ex Wikia (http://deusex.wikia.com/wiki/Foxiest_of_the_Hounds) one which did the job.

I tried to give myself the best chances of getting the trophy: I saved at the start of missions so I could back up, I did it on Easy, I tried to go for a primarily stealth build, and I skipped things I did in previous playthroughs that I thought might be too difficult to do undetected. I got impatient at times and ended up doing some things over and over again. You've probably figured this out already, but you really need to be patient for this playthrough.

I think I know one person who said they tried getting the Foxiest trophy and didn't get it, but I don't know how he went about trying to do that. It's entirely possible that it's a bug (which would really suck) and I don't think anything can be done about it. The only thing I could suggest that you do on your end is delete your GAME data under your Game Data folder (NOT your Save Data folder) and reinstall and download the patches again.

I don't know what else to suggest. It's not a problem I've heard of, so other than just trying everything again on your end (deleting game data and playing through the game again carefully) I'm not sure there's much else you can do to get the last two trophies. :/

Jaykarus
26th Apr 2012, 19:01
JCpie is right.

Btw...did you kill the Belltower spec ops soldiers in the beginning?

Stellazira
26th Apr 2012, 19:03
Huh, I got ninja'd by JCpie. Is there a forum setting I missed that notifies of replies made while you're posting?

SageSavage
26th Apr 2012, 19:04
I'm the foxiest.

GiantJames
26th Apr 2012, 19:13
Brilliant...meh!! Thanks for your swift and helpful responses. I always use the Deus Ex Wiki guide and even ticked off the SMO bonuses as I got them. Looks like I am going to have to re-install the game and start again. It's an incredible game so I am not fazed in the slightest. It must be a bug. BTW, I agree that trophies are a tad on the nonsensical side; I'm a bit of an obsessive compulsive in some respects and like to 100 % my games (need to get out more).

Stellazira
26th Apr 2012, 19:25
Brilliant...meh!! Thanks for your swift and helpful responses. I always use the Deus Ex Wiki guide and even ticked off the SMO bonuses as I got them. Looks like I am going to have to re-install the game and start again. It's an incredible game so I am not fazed in the slightest. It must be a bug. BTW, I agree that trophies are a tad on the nonsensical side; I'm a bit of an obsessive compulsive in some respects and like to 100 % my games (need to get out more).

I have no idea if it will work, but for most PS3 games it's a good start for trying to fix things. It doesn't always work, but at least then you know it's not a problem on your end.

Delete all the game data files under the Game Data folder, NOT the Save Data folder. I stress this to make sure that people are aware that there are multiple folders. Most people are aware, but I've run into a few who were not.

GiantJames
27th Apr 2012, 12:45
I have no idea if it will work, but for most PS3 games it's a good start for trying to fix things. It doesn't always work, but at least then you know it's not a problem on your end.

Delete all the game data files under the Game Data folder, NOT the Save Data folder. I stress this to make sure that people are aware that there are multiple folders. Most people are aware, but I've run into a few who were not.

Stellazira, I really appreciate your friendly and helpful advice. I have started a completely new play-through, having purged and then re-installed the Game Data folders. All previous save games also got the chop. This time I have sneaked into the Police Station and stolen the neural hub, checked that I got the SMO bonus and avoided the coppers like the plague. I am also on a crusade to acquire 'Ghost' when it's available.

In conclusion 'Foxiest' has been denied due to either:

1. Corrupted save data.
2. Me being a careless knob and reloading using an AUTO SAVE once or twice (don't do it, EVER).
3. The PS3 version is once again a shadow of its PC / XBox 360 counterpart and, due to a glitch, you must do the neural hub mission like Solid Snake / Sam Fisher (remember him???). :eek:

I will let interested parties know if I get the darned trophy in a couple of days.

GiantJames
27th Apr 2012, 12:57
I'm the foxiest.

If you're the foxiest then I'm definitely the 'wolf-iest'. Every full moon I dread the clock striking midnight for at that time I tear my clothes off and transform into a hairy, snarling beast. I then go out and do terrifying things such as peering through windows at unsuspecting people, ringing their door bells and running off and / or defecating on their lawn.

Stellazira
27th Apr 2012, 17:41
No problem. Helping is what I do. :D

The Ghost and SO bonuses usually come together, so if you get the SO bonus then I'm 99.99% sure you'll see the Ghost one pop up too.

Good luck and I hope it works! :)

slipvayne17
26th Aug 2012, 01:00
does anybody know if an alarm sounds and you load up a save file does that mean i have to restart the game over? i can't find this answer anywhere

hybridex
29th Aug 2012, 15:40
Just acknowledge that trophies are a stupid peripheral, they don't matter, just acknowledge you've completed the challenge and let it go.

I can't fully agree here, but I can meet half way. Yes, most games (action, shooters i.e. GTA, Street Fighters, MoH, for examples) you may just want to complete the game and can care less about trophies or probably wouldn't go back and play over again. That's pretty much how I went through games throughout the many past years. With DXHR, the gameplay experience is just phenomenal, and going for the trophies just takes the experience to another level. I never went for trophies in any other games before, but I've achieved all trophies for this game to include the Missing Link. I can ramble on and on about this game, but those who just fly through just to get done with it is definitely missing out on the full experience this game has to offer. Of course, nothing can be perfect, and yes, this game has flaws, glitches, and many moments of disappointment and frustration, but I think it is just part of the experience. These are minor compared to the detailed graphics, sight and sound of this game.